Forums59
Topics1,038,972
Posts13,956,688
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12159664 03/27/17 12:27 PM
B
bradnitro175 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Hope everyone let's go of their Caracals now.once you drive a basscat and get use to the trolling motor they are nice.

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12159670 03/27/17 12:34 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I don't have a dog in this fight ( I run a Skeeter but also have owned a Ranger and Bass Cat ) but if Nitro isn't a well made boat like some have suggested on here, I'm trying to understand why these Elite anglers like KVD, Ott Defoe and Edwin Evers don't switch to another brand. I understand Elite anglers get paid to fish out of the boats they have but if any of the other boats were that much better I'm sure these Elite anglers could get a deal with them. I hear there were 20-30 mph winds at Conroe and having fished on the lake I can tell you it gets some big rollers not only from the wind but also from the huge yachts and seems like all the Nitro's did just fine. Personally I like the looks of them as well as any of the others but have no experience fishing out of them. My experience on public forums is that whatever kind of product you have it's better than anyone else's and that includes boats. My feeling is if you like your boat, car, house, lawn mower, door knobs, house shoes, etc. that's all that matters.
thumb

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12159681 03/27/17 12:41 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I don't have a dog in this fight ( I run a Skeeter but also have owned a Ranger and Bass Cat ) but if Nitro isn't a well made boat like some have suggested on here, I'm trying to understand why these Elite anglers like KVD, Ott Defoe and Edwin Evers don't switch to another brand. I understand Elite anglers get paid to fish out of the boats they have but if any of the other boats were that much better I'm sure these Elite anglers could get a deal with them. I hear there were 20-30 mph winds at Conroe and having fished on the lake I can tell you it gets some big rollers not only from the wind but also from the huge yachts and seems like all the Nitro's did just fine. Personally I like the looks of them as well as any of the others but have no experience fishing out of them. My experience on public forums is that whatever kind of product you have it's better than anyone else's and that includes boats. My feeling is if you like your boat, car, house, lawn mower, door knobs, house shoes, etc. that's all that matters.
thumb

Don't bring "reasoning" into this thread. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12159716 03/27/17 01:09 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I know Steez, it rarely goes over well and you can really get a beating on here for it but it's ok. I'm just glad I didn't run under a bridge on pad and post it on here. He will think twice before he does either again, lol.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12159762 03/27/17 01:30 PM
B
BCB Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
The Lynx is a really nice product and the reviews from those visited with in Houston were almost exactly what we expected, as we're others we've read from those in person on numerous threads. We always take the good and bad into consideration. There are just some small details the Lynx needs to reach completion and the body (hull & deck) itself is completed. The opinion we've read is exactly what we wanted from those at the Classic. Opinions among folks who never crawled around in it means virtually nothing.

The reviews here got off track quick. This has been an interesting read.

There will be a lot of unanswered questions on those opinions for the folks that haven't seen the Lynx in person. Then for some posters, we've watched for a while, we know no matter what we did they would share that same opinion because of the brand. Much like some do on a Nitro, which really has a place in the market. It is much like a Taurus or Rossi in comparison to a SigSauer. While they may appear the same and they may be in what they do, though the differences may go beyond what people see on the outside. They are both just a pistol. Then you have those that owned a 1993 Ford F150 and want to compare a 2017 Ford F150 Platinum to the one they felt rode rough on the twin ibeam suspension.

The 6x wheel is really nice because it gives you consistent grip with your hand and doesn't roll it up. The larger a wheel the better the feel, your hands not round. The steering wheel has proven itself in the hands of many users.

Everything is place for a reason on a Bass Cat and while you may no agree, it is thought through. We're alright with opinion as to why it doesn't fit your need, though at least think about it. Rod tips are only 1/2" in bundles and the rod butt with reel takes about 6" mounted in circle space.

This product is in simile to some designs though has a lot of features and cosmetics different than the Puma FTD. It is. New hull and not any simple wider version. The lower running surface is the longest running surface we've placed on a hull, to reach out on those 2'-3' waves. The hull is deep, though different than the Caracal and not nearly as deep as a Jaguar.

They have run what the hull is, though not in final detail and that will be done now. They have about 60 days to hit production and no matter what the opinion is we have plenty sold now and most of those to non-Bass Cat owners.

We appreciate questions as to why and opposite views are fine. Trashing any product because you don't like a Ford or Chevrolet really just makes your opinion very slanted. A valid position on a companies values is something worthwhile if you oppose Starbucks, or even Hobby Lobby or Crackerbarrel for example. Though it doesn't mean their coffee, food or products are poor.

Thank you for the input and thank you to those who showed up and visited with us at the Classic in Houston. Even with the downtown Houston challenges it was a great Classic!

Congratulations to Jordan Lee!

Rick Pierce,
BCB

BCB
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: BCB] #12159789 03/27/17 01:44 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: BCB
The Lynx is a really nice product and the reviews from those visited with in Houston were almost exactly what we expected, as we're others we've read from those in person on numerous threads. We always take the good and bad into consideration. There are just some small details the Lynx needs to reach completion and the body (hull & deck) itself is completed. The opinion we've read is exactly what we wanted from those at the Classic. Opinions among folks who never crawled around in it means virtually nothing.

There will be a lot of unanswered questions on those opinions for the folks that haven't seen the Lynx in person. Then for some posters, we've watched for a while, we know no matter what we did they would share that same opinion because of the brand. Much like some do on a Nitro, which really has a place in the market. It is much like a Taurus or Rossi in comparison to a SigSauer. While they may appear the same and they may be in what they do, though the differences may go beyond what people see on the outside. They are both just a pistol. Then you have those that owned a 1993 Ford F150 and want to compare a 2017 Ford F150 Platinum to the one they felt rode rough on the twin ibeam suspension.

The 6x wheel is really nice because it gives you consistent grip with your hand and doesn't roll it up. The larger a wheel the better the feel, your hands not round. The steering wheel has proven itself in the hands of many users.

Everything is place for a reason on a Bass Cat and while you may no agree, it is thought through. We're alright with opinion as to why it doesn't fit your need, though at least think about it. Rod tips are only 1/2" in bundles and the rod butt with reel takes about 6" mounted in circle space.

This product is in simile to some designs though has a lot of features and cosmetics different than the Puma FTD. It is. New hull and not any simple wider version. The lower running surface is the longest running surface we've placed on a hull, to reach out on those 2'-3' waves. The hull is deep, though different than the Caracal and not nearly as deep as a Jaguar.

They have run what the hull is, though not in final detail and that will be done now. They have about 60 days to hit production and no matter what the opinion is we have plenty sold now and most of those to non-Bass Cat owners.

We appreciate questions as to why and opposite views are fine. Trashing any product because you don't like a Ford or Chevrolet really just makes your opinion very slanted. A valid position on a companies values is something worthwhile if you oppose Starbucks, or even Hobby Lobby or Crackerbarrel for example. Though it doesn't mean their coffee, food or products are poor.

Thank you for the input and thank you to those who showed up and visited with us at the Classic in Houston. Even with the downtown Houston challenges it was a great Classic!

Rick Pierce,
BCB

BAM !!! There you have it folks

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12159829 03/27/17 02:06 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
I always hear the argument brought up, that if Nitro was such a bad boat, KVD or others would sign with another boat company that they liked better. I don't know the answer to this, maybe y'all do. Do some or most of the Nitro guys also have deals with Bass Pro that might go away if they moved to another boat builder. There may be more to being a Nitro guy than just the boat deal.

Like I said, I don't know, but it crossed my mind. Personally I like the new Nitros, but they sure seem to be lightening rods when this discussion comes up. FYI, I don't run any of the mainstream boats, so I really have no dog in the hunt, just curious what you might think.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12159841 03/27/17 02:14 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
thumb

Nitro builds a nice boat. The boat just is not build as good as some other brands. This doesn't mean it won't be a good boat for most of us. The pro's usually put 400-500 hours on a boat a year. I know some local guides who guide and fish the central opens who put 350-450 hours a year on their boats. We usually average about 50-100 a year so a boat will last a life time and we did not treat our boats like a lot of the pro's do. The boat is a tool to them to get to the most productive water and they don't care what they put the boat through. I saw a video of a pro a few years back jumping a water fall with a ranger to get to water he wanted to fish. The Nitro is a cheaper boat and has to this point always been a cheaper entry into the bass boat market. You can get into a nice one with a 200-225 in a 20' boat for mid 40's. You are not going to get into other brands at same price point. You will pay for a better made boat with higher end materials and parts. That is just the way it is. The other boat brands like Ranger,Skeeter,and Bass Cat have been in business a lot longer and know all the short cuts to cheaper boat builds they chose to not go that route. You will get what you pay for. This in no way says you can not get a good boat with Nitro that you can run a long time if you take care of it. Their is always going to be people that want a Chevy and their will always be people who want a Rolls Royce but the Rolls Royce is a lot more money. The Chevy will get you there but it will never be a Rolls Royce.

As for the pros use them. The Pros go where the money is. This is true on boats,rods,reels and about everything else they are paid to tell you that what they are using today is the very best. They will tell you tomorrow that the new brand is the very best. LOL I read one time that KVD gets 500,000 a year year to represent BPS. That is the main reason he is in a nitro. That and if it tears up for any reason they just bring him another one. We don't get a new boat when it tears up so we look for boats that will last with less chance of falling apart.

The Nitro 20' boat you can buy for mid 40's will cost you mid 60's in most other brands. just my .02

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12159854 03/27/17 02:20 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Originally Posted By: BCB

Rick Pierce,
BCB

BAM !!! There you have it folks

VERY well said. I saw the boat in person its a very nice boat. I believe it will sale very well in the industry and bring a new group of buyers to BC

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12160400 03/27/17 06:39 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
thumb

If we are going to be using 'Reason' then let's complete the thought process.

They use the boat for one season and they have a dedicated team to fix the issues that come up. They aren't spending any of their own money. Now me on the other hand who has to pay for all my repairs and will keep the boat more than one season..... I will be expecting much more for my hard earned dollar.

It's not a reasonable comparison to say, well the Pro who gets the boat free and has all the repairs done free uses it so therefore It should be good for any consumer.

I don't base anything I buy on what the Pro's use especially when it comes to things like boats, rods, reels, electronics etc.... I trust what my Peers use and their opinions/experiences far more than a TV person.

http://www.denalirods.com
�Some men fish all their lives without knowing it is not really the fish they are after.� -Henry David Thoreau
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Joefishin] #12160641 03/27/17 08:49 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Joefishin
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
thumb

If we are going to be using 'Reason' then let's complete the thought process.

They use the boat for one season and they have a dedicated team to fix the issues that come up. They aren't spending any of their own money. Now me on the other hand who has to pay for all my repairs and will keep the boat more than one season..... I will be expecting much more for my hard earned dollar.

It's not a reasonable comparison to say, well the Pro who gets the boat free and has all the repairs done free uses it so therefore It should be good for any consumer.

I don't base anything I buy on what the Pro's use especially when it comes to things like boats, rods, reels, electronics etc.... I trust what my Peers use and their opinions/experiences far more than a TV person.

Now wait a minute, didn't you just do an oxymoron ? Wouldn't you consider professional fishermen like the elite anglers your " peers "? If not then who are your " peers " ? You just threw reasoning out the window.

Don, did he just say what I think he said ?

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12161313 03/28/17 02:46 AM
C
crankn101 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Well built sturdy boats but the designs are just off.

[img]https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=594D3DBF[/img]

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12161331 03/28/17 02:55 AM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I think it's purty... freak

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12161344 03/28/17 03:00 AM
C
crankn101 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
If I seen what I think I seen, the livewels are triangular?
I just dont understand the designs.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12161517 03/28/17 11:27 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
It looks like a nice boat and I'm sure it's well built, as is all bass cats. The lay out is odd but may be better than a traditional lay out. I would need to fish out of it a little to see if it really works. The only thing I could see that would give me a fit would be the triangle shaped storage boxes and maybe the small cooler. 3700s might fit in the boxes good and snug but I would have to play around to see how I could fit it all in there. I don't like wasted space and it seems with a triangle shaped box you would have some. It will be a boat I check when I'm ready for a new one. By then a few will be around to check out

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide