Forums59
Topics1,037,849
Posts13,935,482
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Jarrett Latta] #12157940 03/26/17 01:32 AM
K
Kevin Bryant Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
The way a boat handles rough water is very dependent on the driver..

100%

MBC & Associates, LLC
Specialty Commercial Construction & Asset Management
Roofing Project Manager and Moisture Consultant
Certified Infrared Thermographer
IRMS & HAAG Certified Inspector
C: (214) 289-2601
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12157981 03/26/17 01:59 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
A guy fishing the tournament I fished today on Hubbard had the transom on a Nitro Z8 or 9 break today and he said he did not hit a thing, he guesses it was from the rough water this morning. I ran 13 miles or so first thing this morn when it was blowing 20+ out of the north in in my Cat and I pretty sure my transom is still intact shocked

And your point is?

I ran my 19yr old Nitro on Whitney today....all day....in rough weather, then hauled it back to Dallas @ 79-80mph and stopped and fish Waxahachie on the way. Had a bolt shake out of the trolling motor (1 yr old MinnKota edge 70) and my transom is intact as well.

Maybe the owner of the boat abused his boat in the past? That's my guess.

my point is you are trying to compare a Pinto to Cadillac LMAO roflmao

#MFGA
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Kevin Bryant] #12158181 03/26/17 06:59 AM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant
Originally Posted By: chasinbass
Originally Posted By: James Biggs

You clearly have not owned a nitro. I've had Ranger, Skeeter, Champion, Triton & Nitro. When I went to buy a used boat what did I buy? Nitro Are they the best boat out there? No, IMO Ranger is. I do believe nitro is the best value dollar for dollar.

A buddy of mine worked for a Tracker Marine, and his stories were all I needed to hear.

So, devil's advocate......If I hear trash about your company from a former employee of yours, it's all true?

You can use whatever you want to form your own opinion of something, whether that be a boat brand or the company I work for. Clearly, some people love the same boats that I've heard have some major fit and finish issues and would never own. It's all opinions bud.

And you just made my point. I have a 97 Nitro 896 Savage and a 14 Phoemix 920. I feel just as confident that I'll splash either one of em and catch just as much weight on five. And if you're in a Ranger or Skeeter, I'll get there first in either of them. Boat bashing is for ignorant fools who can't catch em. No offense intended, just truth.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12158234 03/26/17 11:41 AM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
I'm holding out for the Mynx.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12158482 03/26/17 04:32 PM
K
Kevin Bryant Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K

And you just made my point. I have a 97 Nitro 896 Savage and a 14 Phoemix 920. I feel just as confident that I'll splash either one of em and catch just as much weight on five. And if you're in a Ranger or Skeeter, I'll get there first in either of them. Boat bashing is for ignorant fools who can't catch em. No offense intended, just truth.

So anytime someone has formed their own opinion about something, especially in the fishing industry, their automatically an ignorant fool who can't catch them? Man, you're special...

MBC & Associates, LLC
Specialty Commercial Construction & Asset Management
Roofing Project Manager and Moisture Consultant
Certified Infrared Thermographer
IRMS & HAAG Certified Inspector
C: (214) 289-2601
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12158512 03/26/17 05:05 PM
C
Cass Caldwell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Nice!

Owner, ShredFin Fishing Co.
Veteran Owned

[Linked Image]
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Walls] #12158521 03/26/17 05:13 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
[quote=Kevin Bryant][quote=James Biggs]
You clearly have not owned a nitro. I've had Ranger, Skeeter, Champion, Triton & Nitro. When I went to buy a used boat what did I buy? Nitro Are they the best boat out there? No, IMO Ranger is. I do believe nitro is the best value dollar for dollar.

You can use whatever you want to form your own opinion of something, whether that be a boat brand or the company I work for. Clearly, some people love the same boats that I've heard have some major fit and finish issues and would never own. It's all opinions bud.

While I understand your point and your personal experience, and since you brought up truth...... the truth is Nitro/Tracker just flat out builds an inferior product. All you have to do is go to a BPS and crawl around in and take a good look at a Tracker or a Nitro, and then head to Cabelas and look at a Ranger or Rockwall Marine and look at a BassCat. It is typical mass-produced poor quality products. Someone who will take the time to do this cannot argue the point because for someone who knows what they're doing, the difference between a Nitro and a BassCat are night and day. Are BassCats perfect every-time from the factory, not always, there will be some flaws. But, if you compared 100 BassCats or Rangers to 100 Nitros/Trackers there will be FAR MORE flaws in the Tracker/Nitro. It is an un-arguable fact. Is what it is. Since I have owned Nitro, Tracker and Ranger I can speak from personal experience........ it isn't close. Doug's comparison of a Pinto vs. a Cadillac is a good analogy.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Frank the Tank] #12158548 03/26/17 05:49 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
[quote=Kevin Bryant][quote=James Biggs]

While I understand your point and your personal experience, and since you brought up truth...... the truth is Nitro/Tracker just flat out builds an inferior product. All you have to do is go to a BPS and crawl around in and take a good look at a Tracker or a Nitro, and then head to Cabelas and look at a Ranger or Rockwall Marine and look at a BassCat. It is typical mass-produced poor quality products. Someone who will take the time to do this cannot argue the point because for someone who knows what they're doing, the difference between a Nitro and a BassCat are night and day. Are BassCats perfect every-time from the factory, not always, there will be some flaws. But, if you compared 100 BassCats or Rangers to 100 Nitros/Trackers there will be FAR MORE flaws in the Tracker/Nitro. It is an un-arguable fact. Is what it is. Since I have owned Nitro, Tracker and Ranger I can speak from personal experience........ it isn't close. Doug's comparison of a Pinto vs. a Cadillac is a good analogy.

I agree with you 99% (thats a first for me and Frank)
Except for the analogy. It isn't something that can be compared whole product to a whole product since the best and worst brands share a huge amount of common parts. Now if Nitro had a contract with Dawoo or Tohatsu for motors and used their own brand of trolling motors, etc....then the comparison would easy to make. I don't see an unfinished hull interior as being the "be-all end-all" of manufacturing superiority.

Maybe the attention to detail of the Nitro brand vs others is the real separator. But to say a Nitro is gonna have more motor issues and such is kinda a stretch. I sssure you that a ProXS headed to the Nitro plant is EXACTLY as well made as a ProXS headed to Arkansas. The MinnKotas are the same. The wiring likely comes from the same vendors. Etc. the Power Poles are from the same plant.

Maybe the "reliability" issues of a Nitro stem more from the fact that most Nitro boats are bought by "new comers" to boating, due to lower initial cost and easy financing, and they just are not cared for as well as they should be cared for.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12158555 03/26/17 05:56 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Actually, I think they did build a decent product back when yours was built, then took a deep downturn at the introduction of the Z series then have come up somewhat very recently. Just from what I have read. I see your point Steez and agree, Mercs are Mercs, Minn Kotas are Minn Kotas etc. Agree

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Douglas J] #12158934 03/26/17 11:32 PM
C
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
A guy fishing the tournament I fished today on Hubbard had the transom on a Nitro Z8 or 9 break today and he said he did not hit a thing, he guesses it was from the rough water this morning. I ran 13 miles or so first thing this morn when it was blowing 20+ out of the north in in my Cat and I pretty sure my transom is still intact shocked

And your point is?

I ran my 19yr old Nitro on Whitney today....all day....in rough weather, then hauled it back to Dallas @ 79-80mph and stopped and fish Waxahachie on the way. Had a bolt shake out of the trolling motor (1 yr old MinnKota edge 70) and my transom is intact as well.

No... not really... but he does care more about what he gets for his money than you do...
You have diawa reels? Megabass rods?

Gtfo with you ford/chevy, derailed this thread competely.

New cat is interesting, dont like the dash, compartments idk, i like the idea of getting to the rod locker without dumping rods off the deck like other designs. Id have to play with it to say if i like it.

I DO like the fact the foot pedal is so far forward... more useable space...

"I'll never mess with bee's or wasp anymore, and I'll never gig another beaver..." Words from a man who learned things the hard way
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: catslayer] #12159050 03/27/17 12:38 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: catslayer

And your point is?

No... not really... but he does care more about what he gets for his money than you do...
You have diawa reels? Megabass rods?

Gtfo with you ford/chevy, derailed this thread competely.

New cat is interesting, don't like the dash, compartments idk, i like the idea of getting to the rod locker without dumping rods off the deck like other designs. Id have to play with it to say if i like it.

I DO like the fact the foot pedal is so far forward... more useable space...

That's actually a personal joke, I run a Cat and one of my friends runs a Nitro. He calls his boat the Pinto. We fish out of both and I like both.

Actually, I got a really good deal on my Cat was less than I could have bought the same size Nitro at the time.

Oh and I do not have any Steez reels or Megabass rods, but I do have a bunch of Shimano reels and Loomis rods.

And for a fact I responded to comment I did not "derail" anything wink

#MFGA
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Walls] #12159281 03/27/17 02:17 AM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
[quote=James Biggs]

A buddy of mine

And if you're in a Ranger or Skeeter, I'll get there first in either of them.

But still be behind the Bass Cat:)

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12159290 03/27/17 02:20 AM
S
Sschofield Offline
Angler
Angler
S
SWEETTTT

-Catch me if you can-
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12159422 03/27/17 03:12 AM
10lberfork Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I run a 2004 bass cat cougar best boat i have ever had in ruff water like they said earlier ruff depends on the driver I also had a nitro stupid axle broke right in half cause they used tubing for the trailer it rusted and put hole thru my boat when the axle broke so you better check that trailer well on that 19 year old chevette

Last edited by 10lberfork; 03/27/17 03:12 AM.

[Linked Image]
Pro staff http://www.xcitebaits.com
(Im everyday average fisherman,But my day goes Pro. When I put on Xcite bait on and its fish on!!)
http://www.reeltimerods.com/
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: 10lberfork] #12159630 03/27/17 11:30 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: 10lberfork
I run a 2004 bass cat cougar best boat i have ever had in ruff water like they said earlier ruff depends on the driver I also had a nitro stupid axle broke right in half cause they used tubing for the trailer it rusted and put hole thru my boat when the axle broke so you better check that trailer well on that 19 year old chevette

Let me guess....the Nitro was your first boat?

My trailer is in good shape....it is as well maintained as the boat.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide