Forum Stats
104528 Members
60 Forums
787913 Topics
9961410 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#12134603 - 03/10/17 08:42 AM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: Laker One]
banker-always fishing Online   content
TFF Guru

Loc: Universal City Tx.
Originally Posted By: Laker One
Thanks Wildman of the navidad. I have some sinking flies that I think would work. Will be giving it a try this year for sure! woot Getting a Carp on the fly is on my bucket list! hooked

I have been told by Fly Anglers that carp will bite a top water fly! I have never seen a carp caught on the fly! That would truly be a fight to watch! boxing

Side Note: Clayton: Could you imagine catching your RECORD FISH on a FLY ROD! hmmm

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

#12135416 - 03/10/17 05:28 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: banker-always fishing]
Wildman of the navidad Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: La vernia tx
Goodness that would awesome and a very long fight very long fight

" They Said he'd eat the hair off of a man's head when he was hungry
and squeeze the water out of rocks he was thirsty"

#12135721 - 03/10/17 08:48 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: banker-always fishing]
Pro Angler

You know banker after watching a few more of willierip's videos I got half the mind to get me one of those so called Cuban yoyo's and give that a shot that seems like it would be a nice challenge.....challenge accepted it would be easier then the flyrod in my opinion becuse with the fly rod u have to find them surface feedin and then present your fly without spookin them

#12135749 - 03/10/17 09:04 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: Wildman of the navidad]
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: San Antonio TX
Originally Posted By: Wildman of the navidad
You know banker after watching a few more of willierip's videos I got half the mind to get me one of those so called Cuban yoyo's and give that a shot that seems like it would be a nice challenge.....challenge accepted it would be easier then the flyrod in my opinion becuse with the fly rod u have to find them surface feedin and then present your fly without spookin them

Let me know when you are fixing to do this! I would love to video it! OMG

Side Note: You would have to call your self "The wild man of the Guadalupe after catching a 25 plus on a hand line. coolio

#12135786 - 03/10/17 09:23 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: Laker One]
Pro Angler

Side Note: You would have to call your self "The wild man of the Guadalupe after catching a 25 plus on a hand line. coolio

Hahaha defiantly needs to be filmed and I can never change the title. Of Wildman of the navidad I got that title when I was 12 my dads buddy started calling me that because all Sumer long for about 4 years u could find me on the banks of the navidad river in between Oakland rockisland and halletsville most likely trespassing but pulling up some 12 -36# blues out of spots that wernt 15'wide and 4'deep I used to fire up the old ford250 with the muffler cut off rite behind the headers and whhhhaaaaaaooooommmm I'd be gone for days cook clean and eat everything backside ....but Wildman of the navidad/Guadalupe that gotta nice ring to it lol

#12138979 - 03/13/17 12:52 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: Laker One]
TFF Guru

After watching Clayton catching some MONSTER CARP these past two weeks on the Guadalupe River it would not surprise me to see his name change on his TFF post board! bouncy breakdance bannana2

#12141264 - 03/14/17 08:46 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: banker-always fishing]
Pro Angler

roflmao

#12142426 - 03/15/17 03:03 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: banker-always fishing]
Pot licker Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: SW Texas
Awesome job guys! Nice pics.

#12149823 - 03/20/17 05:53 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: Pot licker]
TFF Guru

Thanks Pot licker for the reply! cheers

#12151643 - 03/21/17 04:48 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: banker-always fishing]
Mike Doran Offline
Outdoorsman

Great post and pics! Thanks for sharing

#12152039 - 03/21/17 08:49 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: Mike Doran]
Pro Angler

Originally Posted By: Mike Doran
Great post and pics! Thanks for sharing
thumb

#12152392 - 03/22/17 05:14 AM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: banker-always fishing]
TFF Guru

Thanks Mike for the reply. Saw your post on your new PB! That fish is a BEAST! cheers

#12161685 - 03/28/17 08:19 AM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: banker-always fishing]
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: San Antonio Tx.
Those are some super nice fish! Dunlap simply amazes me. Do not see any Carp reports form the Dunlap or the rest of the Guadalupe River. What's your take? Again looks like you guys had a blast. Super fish.

#12163022 - 03/28/17 07:52 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: banker-always fishing]
Pro Angler

The Guadalupe river lakes are viritually un touched I mean people fish the bridge under 35 in new braunfels but everywhere else is pretty much private and untapped unless there are a group of carp fishermen that fish from boat I believe if there's a texas state record in Dunlap I've seen sum humongous fish there

#12170999 - 04/02/17 10:26 PM Re: Carp Fest. Guadalupe River! (One Caught on Ultra Light) [Re: Gitter Done]
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Those are some super nice fish! Dunlap simply amazes me. Do not see any Carp reports form the Dunlap or the rest of the Guadalupe River. What's your take? Again looks like you guys had a blast. Super fish.

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers I do not think Carp are targeted much on the Guadalupe. hmmm I have fished that river for years and have only seen very few anglers fishing for Carp! eeks The Guadalupe holds some HUGE Carp! thumb

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© 1998-2017 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide