texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,749
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Big females abound local today one would have gone 4 pounds if it was a Sabine sandbass this long haha #12139918 03/14/17 03:25 AM
R
Robert Hunter Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Well spring break is here. We made an after work run this stretch of river I expected at least 30 cars when we arrived. We pull up and to my dismay there were only 6 or so cars. We went directly to where we have been killing them. Only problem we got there just a little late light was off the water and they shut down. I have about five very distinct specific presentations I use when sandbass get fussy. As I know they were thick right in front of us I start cycling thru them had gone thru three with only two hits. Finally tried the next one and bang three hits in three cast and then three fish in the next three cast. Only problem two of the only other people on the entire river that were leaving skunked saw it. They pack down off the trail out and start casting right across out fly line and snagging us as they ask catch a bunch here. Politely tell them no just a few as I get a call from Bono fly he found hem out in the last sun of the day warming up every cast. Mateo and I pulled out and took a back trail away from the invasion. When we reach the last sun lite water it was game on fat slob females tripled up cast after cast. The only other few people were now in view but kept at bay. Only problem is here come the intruders again on the way to the car. They stop for about 30 seconds and see six fish caught here they come! One walks in and cast across all three of our lines. Bonofly said well I don't think I would have dropped in and cast completely across every body lmbo. She did apologise and kept a little more controle on the cast but she catches a few and the remaining people on the river think we'll there are only fish in this ten yard stretch and hear they come. Soon it was like the Normandy invasion. We kept casting right at them and changing angles and it actually worked for the most part to keep them out of our lines although we hooked each other beating them off roflmao. We got to our days fish quota finally and let them have it banana. I know it's a bit combat at times guys but if you are just starting for sandbass and fish for trout a lot the stream etiquette is night and day difference for the two fish. If you see me standing there putting the smack down on the sandbass I am fishing a very specific spot and tecneque. If I'm in a hole 30 ft long watch how I'm casting if you can jump in and not affect the line im fishing come on in. If I'm fishing trout and I'm working up a run and you jump in right above me and start fishing up I'm real mad. With sandbass I have a hole here a hole there if I can get in one I'm not moving a foot up or down at all unless I move to another hole. And absolutely do not worry if someone wades thru for a sec they can walk thru literally kicking sandbass and study slip and scatter like cattle and come right back together and start feeding lol. Have to add if aboard comes by with a gas moter cast right behind the boat when they pass you WILL catch fish in the prop wash they like it. Very few males today did get one female that with the pointer finger stretched out made it to the eye of the fish the tail looked massive as the fish had ran the length of the forearm and turned at the elbow and went up my arm closer to the camera. A fish that long on the Sabine would be four pounds for sure haha. Oh well stunning sunset and a barrage of tripples to end the day can't beat it. Females are here have been and look like more than a few folks are going to miss the run altogether!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/bsQJFvLj/
Re: Big females abound local today one would have gone 4 pounds if it was a Sabine sandbass this long haha [Re: Robert Hunter] #12139921 03/14/17 03:26 AM
R
Robert Hunter Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/bsQJFvLj/
Re: Big females abound local today one would have gone 4 pounds if it was a Sabine sandbass this long haha [Re: Robert Hunter] #12140327 03/14/17 02:20 PM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
thumb The cutting in upstream really gets to me also Robert!

Re: Big females abound local today one would have gone 4 pounds if it was a Sabine sandbass this long haha [Re: Robert Hunter] #12140578 03/14/17 04:40 PM
R
Robert Hunter Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Dosnt bother me with sandbass at all as long as long as I'm not getting cast directly over my line. We have fished 6 people in that same hole very effectively and not had one tangle. Sandbass the more the merrier if done right. Mateo said it best yesterday it's the dove hunting of the fishing world. As far as trout especially remote places I see a guy working up a run in going to pass him by at least a mile.

Re: Big females abound local today one would have gone 4 pounds if it was a Sabine sandbass this long haha [Re: Robert Hunter] #12146536 03/18/17 11:41 AM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Awesome post. woot

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide