Forums59
Topics1,037,834
Posts13,935,305
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: Chris_K] #12123614 03/04/17 05:50 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Chris_K
Originally Posted By: Barrett
They are annoying and should be posted in the correct section. They are taking advantage of the high traffic bass section to spam their content for personal gain. As a member for along time It is irritating IMO.

And what happens to the traffic in the beloved bass section once all this stuff gets moved? Would you be happy logging on to see a ghost town? I have no dog in the fight. Just occupying myself since I didn't fish this morning.

I doubt the TFF is going to dry up because the videos would be moved to video section.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123620 03/04/17 05:53 PM
N
Neches Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
I have been here since 06 even though my date shows 10, I got busted for having 2 accounts. But anyway, I have watched the bass forum steady decline over the years. Most of the really good fisherman have left or just don't post at all anymore. Heck, there are a couple of Mods that are really good fisherman and they have slacked off posting. If I want to watch videos I go to you tube.

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123621 03/04/17 05:53 PM
C
Cheesehead Wes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
If you have a video section on the forum....use it!
I love videos from people who just fish like the "crankbait guy" fishing from that cool platform...
I love videos from people who have built credibility through a successful guiding business/tournament history.
It's annoyingly to see guys buy a GOPRO and become an instant bass professor. If you want to share videos of your day on the water that is fine but please spare me of your "Daily tip" on how I should "always keep my eyes open" or some other random thought that pops into your head while you ramble on about the gear you are using as you demonstrate your revolutionary new retrieve on a jerkbait. Just fish and shut up! This is just my opinion...

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: Neches] #12123623 03/04/17 05:54 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content OP
the janitor
OP Online Content
the janitor
J
Originally Posted By: Neches
They are annoying and should be posted in the correct section. They are taking advantage of the high traffic bass section to spam their content for personal gain. As a member for along time It is irritating IMO.
I agree, just put them in the video forum where they belong. The bass fishing page is starting to look like Facebook with all the look at me posts,

Well, if we do that, then shouldn't we move all photos to the Photos & Videos forum? I'm not sure that makes sense.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123626 03/04/17 05:56 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Key words: generate money, monetized.
I agree with moving them if it is posted for the financial gain of the producer.
A nice catch, children,grandkids,etc. is fine in the discussion area IMO.
It has turned into a constant barrage of videos, so much so, that we actually have to "search " for actual discussion topics. Sure, we can scan on by , but, isnt that the purpose of dividing forums for specific content?
If its revenue generating it should be in plugs & announcements. I can easily go there to watch them.

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123627 03/04/17 05:56 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
I agree, just put them in the video forum where they belong. The bass fishing page is starting to look like Facebook with all the look at me posts,

Well, if we do that, then shouldn't we move all photos to the Photos & Videos forum? I'm not sure that makes sense.

I see your point, but I think there's an unstated difference. I think most people understand that.

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123634 03/04/17 06:01 PM
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

The difference is the video is the product and posting it here is advertising.

The problem in policing it IMO, is when one of these youtubers catches a giant somebody other than the creator is going to post it here. What do you do then?

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123637 03/04/17 06:04 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Put them in the video section where they belong

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123640 03/04/17 06:06 PM
Mike Andrews Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
If they're blatant advertisement them move them to plugs & announcements. If they're good, informational types then leave 'em. YouTube is one of my "guilty pleasures" anyway so I enjoy most of them.

One other thought is that if you make all bass videos move to the photo & video section then that should apply to all the other sub-forums as well. That would take some heavy moderator oversight.

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123651 03/04/17 06:20 PM
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

There seems to be more of them but like any other post I tend to skip over those that may not interest me. If you really want to get down to it, you can probably move about 80% of Bass Fishing forum topics to the following other forums.
  • Rods & Reels
  • Boats & Motors
  • Freshwater Reports
  • General Equipment Discussion
  • Plugs & Announcements

There are some that are pretty blatant and probably need to be moved. However, I like to go to one forum for most things Bass fishing related. One stop shopping...

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: Neches] #12123661 03/04/17 06:29 PM
J
the janitor
OP Online Content
the janitor
J
I have been here since 06 even though my date shows 10, I got busted for having 2 accounts. But anyway, I have watched the bass forum steady decline over the years. Most of the really good fisherman have left or just don't post at all anymore. Heck, there are a couple of Mods that are really good fisherman and they have slacked off posting. If I want to watch videos I go to you tube.

The funny thing is, we have been hearing that since about 2003. There is always someone complaining that the TFF is not what it used to be. The TFF is what you make of it. People go though cycles in their life on a forum. This forum is not much different that it was 5 or 10 years ago. What affects your interaction on a forum more than anything is the attitude you bring here. If you come here looking for info and good people to share with, you will find it and them. If you come here looking for negativity and trolls, you can find it and them too.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: Barn] #12123664 03/04/17 06:32 PM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Barn

There seems to be more of them but like any other post I tend to skip over those that may not interest me. If you really want to get down to it, you can probably move about 80% of Bass Fishing forum topics to the following other forums.
  • Rods & Reels
  • Boats & Motors
  • Freshwater Reports
  • General Equipment Discussion
  • Plugs & Announcements

There are some that are pretty blatant and probably need to be moved. However, I like to go to one forum for most things Bass fishing related. One stop shopping...
I concur

Last edited by Chris_K; 03/04/17 06:32 PM.
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123665 03/04/17 06:32 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

The funny thing is, we have been hearing that since about 2003. There is always someone complaining that the TFF is not what it used to be. The TFF is what you make of it. People go though cycles in their life on a forum. This forum is not much different that it was 5 or 10 years ago. What affects your interaction on a forum more than anything is the attitude you bring here. If you come here looking for info and good people to share with, you will find it and them. If you come here looking for negativity and trolls, you can find it and them too.

Best post of the year. You get what you want out of it and bring to it.

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123666 03/04/17 06:32 PM
J
the janitor
OP Online Content
the janitor
J
Back to the topic ... keep this in mind. Sometimes people perceive there to be a problem when there really isn't one. How many videos are on the front page of this forum right now? I count two. That's one of the reasons we take our time when considering changes to policy.

[Linked Image]
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12123678 03/04/17 06:47 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
maybe make a bass video sub section to make it easier for people who want to see it an put it right next to bass fishing section.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide