Forums59
Topics1,039,312
Posts13,962,704
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: Billy_Lawson] #12125662 03/06/17 12:51 AM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Billy_Lawson
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Then who is your target audience Billy? I just think if your true intentions were to help guys on Fork or wherever, you would care less about subscribers or any of that. That's where that fine line is and I have a feeling that's why some guides are not liking what you're doing. If your a great guide you won't need any of those videos. You just do what you do and the business will come to you.
Just my 2 cents.

My hope is that I reach a much bigger audience than just the tff for both marketing purposes as well as helping others catch more and bigger fish. Bottom line about other guides being mad is if we happen to be fishing the same area or techniques which we all do out there, not many secrets on fork anymore, they get mad when I show it and let "their" information out. But really it isn't there's. None of these guides even the ones I call my friends help me catch fish. I've learned everything I know through my own work with very small exceptions to this. The one thing I put on here that somebody else showed me was s color on a bait. That's it! So as far as guides not liking my videos, maybe it's cause I get less than half the time on the water they do because of my other job and still manage to put folks on fish more consistently than some of them. I get one chance to film every week and I put out vids every week, so if you watch them you see my best and worst. How many of these ego centric [censored] holes that run around this lake mad st me for working extremely hard to build s business would have the balls to show their off days?!? Even the guys I like, most wouldn't do it. There are many good guys that guide and are outstanding st it, better than me I'm willing to admit. But less than a handful aren't total ego maniacs and overly paranoid about their fish, and their secrets. Secrets, on fork, lmfao. I kinda hope I get banned at this point, wonder why thrrr is less than s handful of Fork guides that post here with any regularity anymore. Now if you'll excuse me I have editing to do. Yes I'm still working, like I always am.

Your plan is working. If I ever get around to hiring a guide, It'll be you or Greg West.

I met Greg on Athens and he put me on a pattern because I had my young son with me and we proceeded to probably catch his PB. He provided that info just to be nice and expected nothing. I'd hire you because of your online presence. After watching your videos it's clear you can fish, and you seem like a cool dude. Let the haters hate. Don't let them drag you down. Lastly, I watch your channel weekly trying to learn something new. Whether you get paid or not, thanks for taking the time to put out quality content. eek

Last edited by Chris_K; 03/06/17 12:56 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: fouzman] #12125664 03/06/17 12:53 AM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
Some of the tutorial videos are a beating. If I'm watching a video on fishing a Speed Craw, I want to watch Tommy Climer. If I'm learning how to run and fish Monticello, I want to watch Ken Addington. If I want to lean about junk fishing, I'll watch Brian Clark. Watching a guy who is only moderately competent with a bait caster giving a tutorial on fishing the local pond with a Texas rig seems a little pointless. I think if you are making tutorial videos, make sure you are at the right level to be a teaching the subject, or go out and find an expert and make them the star of your video.

I'm not gonna read the rest of the comments after reading this one.

End of story. Well said, J.P.

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: Chris_K] #12125683 03/06/17 01:01 AM
B
Billy_Lawson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Chris_K
Originally Posted By: Billy_Lawson
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Then who is your target audience Billy? I just think if your true intentions were to help guys on Fork or wherever, you would care less about subscribers or any of that. That's where that fine line is and I have a feeling that's why some guides are not liking what you're doing. If your a great guide you won't need any of those videos. You just do what you do and the business will come to you.
Just my 2 cents.

My hope is that I reach a much bigger audience than just the tff for both marketing purposes as well as helping others catch more and bigger fish. Bottom line about other guides being mad is if we happen to be fishing the same area or techniques which we all do out there, not many secrets on fork anymore, they get mad when I show it and let "their" information out. But really it isn't there's. None of these guides even the ones I call my friends help me catch fish. I've learned everything I know through my own work with very small exceptions to this. The one thing I put on here that somebody else showed me was s color on a bait. That's it! So as far as guides not liking my videos, maybe it's cause I get less than half the time on the water they do because of my other job and still manage to put folks on fish more consistently than some of them. I get one chance to film every week and I put out vids every week, so if you watch them you see my best and worst. How many of these ego centric [censored] holes that run around this lake mad st me for working extremely hard to build s business would have the balls to show their off days?!? Even the guys I like, most wouldn't do it. There are many good guys that guide and are outstanding st it, better than me I'm willing to admit. But less than a handful aren't total ego maniacs and overly paranoid about their fish, and their secrets. Secrets, on fork, lmfao. I kinda hope I get banned at this point, wonder why thrrr is less than s handful of Fork guides that post here with any regularity anymore. Now if you'll excuse me I have editing to do. Yes I'm still working, like I always am.

Your plan is working. If I ever get around to hiring a guide, It'll be you or Greg West.

I met Greg on Athens and he put me on a pattern because I had my young son with me and we proceeded to probably catch his PB. He provided that info just to be nice and expected nothing. I'd hire you because of your online presence. After watching your videos it's clear you can fish, and you seem like a cool dude. Let the haters hate. Don't let them drag you down. Lastly, I watch your channel weekly trying to learn something new. Whether you get paid or not, thanks for taking the time to put out quality content. eek

Greg is in that less than a handful I speak of and I would fully recommend his guide service. And thank you for the kind words sir.

Re: YouTube videos - what's your opinion? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12125711 03/06/17 01:16 AM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline OP
the janitor
OP Offline
the janitor
J
We'll close it with this. Start using the video posting icon if you are posting a video. Stop posting links to subscribe or writing "Please Subscribe" below your embedded video. Chances are your video already has a request to subscribe at the end of it and if people like your video, the will subscribe. In other words, post your video without solicitation. Let the video speak for itself.

If you are posting a product advertisement, demo or the like, same as it has been for years, you need to post it in plugs & announcements.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide