Print Thread
What's Up with the Weather! #12121451 03/03/17 04:21 AM
L
Laker One Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
L
For the last several months it seems that I have been fishing between one front after another! There has only been a couple of periods with several days of consistent temperatures and then BAM it turns cold for a day or two. Looking at the forecast ahead we are going to get some pretty good rain this weekend and a chance of rain for the next 10 days! This weather pattern has really changed up some fishing patterns for me. Anyone else noticing pattern changes? hmmm

Re: What's Up with the Weather! [Re: Laker One] #12121572 03/03/17 11:24 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
This winter has been a WARM one for sure! flame I heard on the weather station that this past February has been the warmest month on record in San Antonio/South Central Texas. nuts I also have noticed pattern changes especially fishing the creeks and for the Crappie on the Guadalupe! Areas where I normally get plenty of Crappie you can't buy one! bang Other areas where I never catch em I can pick up a few! noidea As for the sunfish bite it has been pretty good all winter long especially during the long warm spells! hooked I think you will see four spawns this year with the first one coming in Mid March! 2cents

Side Note: Finding the depth where the fish are has been a challenge this winter for sure! taz

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: What's Up with the Weather! [Re: Laker One] #12121782 03/03/17 02:47 PM
S
Smithaven Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
We seem to have gotten into a weather pattern with a cold front on Tuesday, just in time to spoil my weekly Wednesday outing to Joe Pool Lake.

I have had trouble finding the fish this winter. Wednesday I caught a few bluegills at 15 feet. The carp have moved into the shallow water. The crappie are moving into the crappie house at 14 feet. The surface water temperature is 58 degrees. I do not think we will have a bluegill spawn in March in North Texas, but one can hope. The full moon is March 12. The likely first spawn here is the full moon on April 11.

[Linked Image].
Seventy five years of chasing the elusive sunfish.
Re: What's Up with the Weather! [Re: Laker One] #12123060 03/04/17 04:05 AM
1960texan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Laker One, I hear you on the strange weather patterns. Between the rain and the wind I haven't fished nearly as much as I'd like to. Makes me appreciate the good days even more.

Re: What's Up with the Weather! [Re: Laker One] #12123642 03/04/17 06:09 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Went this morning determined to wet a line, but as soon as I had all my gear together the bottom fell out of the sky.
I used to fish in the rain in my younger days, but I guess I'm older and wiser or maybe just a bit lazy, or all the above.
I remember a wiser man than me once said, "there are too many nice days living in Texas than to fish in the rain," and we were talking about golf, but I always substitute "fishing" since I don't play golf. roflmao

Just one more cast!

Re: What's Up with the Weather! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12124438 03/05/17 03:16 AM
W
Wildman of the navidad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
This winter has been a WARM one for sure! flame I heard on the weather station that this past February has been the warmest month on record in San Antonio/South Central Texas. nuts I also have noticed pattern changes especially fishing the creeks and for the Crappie on the Guadalupe! Areas where I normally get plenty of Crappie you can't buy one! bang Other areas where I never catch em I can pick up a few! noidea As for the sunfish bite it has been pretty good all winter long especially during the long warm spells! hooked I think you will see four spawns this year with the first one coming in Mid March! 2cents

Side Note: Finding the depth where the fish are has been a challenge this winter for sure! taz

Banker how about this rain is it going too pull the fish in or drive em out further/deeper

Last edited by Wildman of the navidad; 03/05/17 03:16 AM.

Psalm:91

Quote on the wildman" They Said he'd eat the hair off of a man's head when he was hungry
and squeeze the water out of rocks when he was thirsty"
Re: What's Up with the Weather! [Re: Wildman of the navidad] #12124595 03/05/17 11:30 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted By: Wildman of the navidad
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

Banker how about this rain is it going too pull the fish in or drive em out further/deeper

This latest rain I got about 1.5". Friends of mine living on the Guadalupe River got about the same. This rain with upcoming warmer temperatures should have the fish moving to shallower water. Also keep in mind especially on Dunlap,Mcqueeney,and Placid. If the Army Corp.of Engineers is going to let out more water from Canyon Lake the currents on the bottom lakes are going to be super fast and strong. This in my opinion plays a HUGE factor in some of the fish movements. Hopefully there will be no major flooding this year! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide