Forums59
Topics1,039,167
Posts13,960,274
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... #12116356 02/28/17 04:54 PM
J
Jamaica Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
I drink every day beer. After the 1st of the year, I took bread, rice out of the diet. I drink nothing but water. I work out 1 hour in the morning at the gym, 1 hour after work. Started that last Monday. Got a personal trainer at the gym, this morning. DAMN!!-lol- But to my question is....I drink beer everyday. He told me my diet is good but... the beer is yeast that's killing you. So I need to fine another way for a drink after workout after the gym and something to sip on the weekends when everyone comes over. He mentioned something about gin and tonic water.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12116402 02/28/17 05:17 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
If you work out that much you could use the recovery carbs...beer. Only 2 though. Women only one. I tend to cheat and have 3 some days. smile

Have not heard about beer yeast being bad....you might google it. I would, but I gotta run.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12116539 02/28/17 06:39 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12116654 02/28/17 07:43 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I started drinking Ultra last year, Coors Light/Keystone for the 10 or so years before. It's a few less cals. and after the very first 3 or 4, the taste was fine. Coors Light taste funny now.

I don't do liquor drinks because I'll drink'em like beer. I have to have one in my hand, so they usually go down one after another.

I'd think if you're working out that much, one or two a day isn't going to hurt too much. I just kind of got to where I looked at it like, why give in to the "you deserve it" mentality when I'm busting my [censored]. Instead I just go in, throw down some water, and some fruit and all those cravings go away. For me, immediately after working out is when I'm craving the absolutely worst things in the house, if I can make it an hour without gorging myself with junk, it's a success.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12116694 02/28/17 08:03 PM
J
Jamaica Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
The food issue I got it, It's just the alcohol intake issue. lol- Just trying to figure out another source. I have been drinking Natural Light for __ years. NoconaBrian, sounds like I'm like you on the drinking part. I'd drink them like beer as well! Now comes the weekend a case a weekend is norm.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12117469 03/01/17 02:28 AM
J
jippedgenes Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
it is not the yeast in beer that is bad. beer is empty just empty calories. I stopped drinking through the week and only have beer saturday and sunday and occasionally on friday eve. It made a discernible difference for me.

I think i read alcohol slows fat loss and lowers testosterone.

I still drink a beer or a glass of scotch just not every day.

I have tried the low calorie beers but it is like drinking carbonated water with a slight hint of beer flavor. So drink what you like in moderation and only a couple days a week and the impact it has on your goals will be greatly mitigated.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12117608 03/01/17 03:19 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
I used to drink 1-2 glasses of scotch 5-6 nights a week. Then I got into being fit. I don't want it anymore. I've had maybe 5 glasses of scotch in 2 months. Last weekend, I drank a few beers after working the yard. Booze every day is not a good pattern. IMHO. Replace it with water and enjoy it in moderation. Nothing wrong with that.

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12118439 03/01/17 04:50 PM
Kingfisher196 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I'm not a big fan of gin. If/when I drink anything other than beer I'll drink vodka and diet tonic water. The problem is I tend to drink more of it.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12119860 03/02/17 12:17 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
If you're not concerned with weight loss and just want to eat right and work out, then by all means drink up. Sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise. 2 hours a day is a ton. You'll never have the abs six pack drinking that much, but if you don't care about that, just carry your six pack in your cooler, or 24-pack, whichever. I would think if you're working out 10/hrs a week, you deserve to have all the beer you want. But really, lakeforkfisherman hit it on the head....MODERATION! As long as you're happy, who cares? I don't know anything about too much intake of yeast from beer.....may want to google. Thanks for joining health & fitness section and good luck to you.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12119965 03/02/17 01:41 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Jamaica
Now comes the weekend a case a weekend is norm.

Schedule a hard workout Saturday and Sunday morning at 5am, those beers you pounded last night will "pound" you and you will learn a lesson. smile

Hard Love right!?

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12120061 03/02/17 02:23 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Originally Posted By: Jamaica
Now comes the weekend a case a weekend is norm.

Schedule a hard workout Saturday and Sunday morning at 5am, those beers you pounded last night will "pound" you and you will learn a lesson. smile

Hard Love right!?

I dealt with that this weekend. We met my MIL and her friend from Dallas for Mexican Food late Friday night. The 3 margaritas and beef fajitas were kicking my azz on my 21 mile ride Saturday morning. Then, as if I hadn't learned from the get go, I did it again. Hurricanes and Crawfish at Rajun Cajun Saturday night followed by a 50 mile ride Sunday Morning.

I'm not going through that carp again with my long ride this weekend. I'm signed up for 60 miles in Sealy on Sunday.

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12120357 03/02/17 04:53 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I do have a weakness with margaritas and Mexican food! I won't lie!

BUT like any workout, I schedule it (plus I can't afford that very often..LOL)....and I know...the next day, I will be OFF Day!

I found out I like running and biking way more than drinking too much at the house or out with buddies. Benefits and feelings out weight it. I like the HIGH not the LOW! smile

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12120612 03/02/17 07:15 PM
J
Jamaica Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Thanks for the info! Have'nt drank a beer in 3 days. Have'nt had time too. If I keep myself busy, don't have the mind to grab a beer. Here's another question..... What is the best results on pre work out and after work mixes. I heard some guys talking about 2 scoops stuff. IDK, I'm new to this stuff.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12120618 03/02/17 07:19 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Protein Shake like Quest Brand is safe and good after a workout. Helps muscles recover and rebuild faster. You can buy it just about anywhere. I also drink an electrolyte drink each day. Trace Minerals is the one I use.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12124188 03/05/17 12:52 AM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
See if you can handle vodka soda with a lime wedge. That's probably the best drink for someone trying to lose weight. If you are going to the gym twice a day and have cut carbs I don't really see the beer hurting that much.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide