Forums59
Topics1,039,203
Posts13,960,871
Members144,194
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12073194 02/02/17 08:18 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Dang Dale, you almost got me. Just a few problems in your theory though, I don't fish at Falcon. There's also quite a few gar in Choke too, although I really have a hatred towards those pesky little longnosed gar. If we're going to conserve Alligator gar then we need to make all fishing (rod & reel, bow, trot line, jug line) illegal for them. No more YouTube for people to benefit from.

So are we ok with people who kill gar and eat the tiny bit of meat that they contain or are against anybody that kills them or are we against anybody that fishes for them since they know the extreme danger that gar are in (everywheres except for South Texas of course)?

Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: grout-scout] #12073554 02/02/17 11:41 PM
D
dmunsie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
So are we ok with people who kill gar and eat the tiny bit of meat that they contain...

Longnose Gar is pretty much nothing but eatable meat! Just sayin....

Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: grout-scout] #12080508 02/06/17 11:03 PM
W
winchester44 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Dang Dale, you almost got me. Just a few problems in your theory though, I don't fish at Falcon.

You've posted over 30 times about fishing on falcon this year. "The lady doth protest too much, me thinks"

Last edited by winchester44; 02/08/17 12:17 AM.
Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: winchester44] #12080519 02/06/17 11:13 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: winchester44
Dang Dale, you almost got me. Just a few problems in your theory though, I don't fish at Falcon.

You've posted over 30 times about fishing on falcon year. "The lady doth protest too much, me thinks"

No, no, I said there are plenty of them at Falcon & Choke and that they are thriving in South Texas. So what is the gars real reason for its decrease in population? Y'all think bow hunters are killing all the gar and I think it's "climate change". I sure wish you guys would hurry up and get gar fishing banned.

Did you guys see the other thread where the state is stocking gar? thumb

If the gar population is in such bad shape, why isn't there a better stocking program? Just seems odd to me that you guys are claiming how much trouble the gar are in and every thing else isn't pointing to that problem.

Last edited by grout-scout; 02/07/17 02:18 PM.
Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: grout-scout] #12081535 02/07/17 02:44 PM
D
DaleR Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Dang Dale, you almost got me. Just a few problems in your theory though, I don't fish at Falcon. There's also quite a few gar in Choke too, although I really have a hatred towards those pesky little longnosed gar. If we're going to conserve Alligator gar then we need to make all fishing (rod & reel, bow, trot line, jug line) illegal for them. No more YouTube for people to benefit from.

So are we ok with people who kill gar and eat the tiny bit of meat that they contain or are against anybody that kills them or are we against anybody that fishes for them since they know the extreme danger that gar are in (everywheres except for South Texas of course)?

Your really fishing now.

It does not much matter what your Lake of Choice is, if it is not Falcon then well I guessed wrong. That does not change the thought that you seem to have a beef against Gar.

I have eaten lots of gar both long nose, and alligator gar. While they are a pain to clean there is lots of meat on them and they eat just fine. You claiming that they have a "tiny bit" of meat shows that you have either never actually seen one or you are trying to shift focus (how much meat they have is irrelevant to the discussion).

I am perfectly OK with catching gar on rod n reel, throw line, trot line, jug line, even the dreaded bow and arrow. Again what does that have to do with should the gar have be managed for the health of the species just like we do most all fish in Texas?

What I am against is the wanton waste of any native species of fish. I am against killing any native fish and dumping it.

If you kill it utilize it.

Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12081605 02/07/17 03:14 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
I'm with you Dale, you guys just keep confusing me. First it's "no bowfishing", then it's conserve, now it's ok to catch & eat... no wonder these things are disappearing, even you guys can't make up your minds and y'all just don't read my post. I said I don't kill gar and my true hatred is with long noses gar.

Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: grout-scout] #12081663 02/07/17 03:38 PM
D
DaleR Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I'm with you Dale, you guys just keep confusing me. First it's "no bowfishing", then it's conserve, now it's ok to catch & eat... no wonder these things are disappearing, even you guys can't make up your minds and y'all just don't read my post. I said I don't kill gar and my true hatred is with long noses gar.

I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say "you guys keep confusing me", or "even you guys can't make up your minds".

Search my posts, there are not that many of them. I never said "no bow fishing" or anything of the sort never have. I have said that most bow fisherman do not utilize what they kill.

I have been completely clear on the issue. No wanton waste, no killing of native species of fish that you have no intention of utilizing. In fact I'll go a step further.

I don't really care if you catch it in cast net, with a telephone or a spear as long as you stay within the legal limits and fully utilize what you kill.

Be honest OK. I really think you believe that gar can/do effect the LMB either in overall numbers or Trophy potential.

If I am wrong about that please correct me by honestly answering the following question:

Why do you have a beef with long nose gar or any other species for that matter.?

Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12082379 02/07/17 09:52 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
In my opinion the long nosed are what eat most of the baitfish and they are really over populated down here. I believe the lack of baitfish is a lot of the reason why some lakes get so bad. These are the filthy little things that have very little meat on them. Problem is nobody wants to shoot them because they are little and nobody wants to catch them because they are little.

I know you think you have me pegged, you don't... I fish for bass, catfish, white bass and I keep none of them. Fish taste nasty.

Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: DaleR] #12082600 02/08/17 12:22 AM
W
winchester44 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted By: DaleR

I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say "you guys keep confusing me", or "even you guys can't make up your minds".

Search my posts, there are not that many of them. I never said "no bow fishing" or anything of the sort never have. I have said that most bow fisherman do not utilize what they kill.

I have been completely clear on the issue. No wanton waste, no killing of native species of fish that you have no intention of utilizing. In fact I'll go a step further.

I don't really care if you catch it in cast net, with a telephone or a spear as long as you stay within the legal limits and fully utilize what you kill.

Be honest OK. I really think you believe that gar can/do effect the LMB either in overall numbers or Trophy potential.

If I am wrong about that please correct me by honestly answering the following question:

Why do you have a beef with long nose gar or any other species for that matter.?

I would not bother responding, he's just trolling.

Last edited by winchester44; 02/08/17 12:25 AM.
Re: My Thoughts On Bowfishing And The Conservation Of Alligator Gar [Re: winchester44] #12082873 02/08/17 02:29 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: winchester44
Originally Posted By: DaleR

I would not bother responding, he's just trolling.

I'm trolling??? Which category were you in again: the ban bowfishing, the ban all fishing or the catch what you eat group? Ah yes, you were the "conservation" group, whatever that's supposed to entail. rolleyes

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide