Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pre workout supplements #12059589 01/25/17 08:47 PM
SgtDag Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
What's the best one I can buy?

Would like to buy at a store and not online.

Drink, pills, powder, etc

"If you're going through hell keep going." Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I open mouth kiss my sisters
Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12063963 01/28/17 05:59 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard pre- workout. The blueberry lemonade is awesome. Its a powder you mix with about 10-12oz of water. I add crushed ice. I used the C4 Explosion for a month. It was good, too. But I switched to all Optimum Nutrition products earlier this month. Love ON products. Buy it on Amazon in the 60 serving size and it's pretty reasonable.

LETโ€™S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12082872 02/08/17 02:29 AM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Mesomorph in bomb pop flavor is one of the best on the market right now in my opinion. Ultimate nutrition is best place to buy any supplements!

Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12083230 02/08/17 10:57 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
What is a pre workout supplement suppose to do for you?

I always worked out in the early mornings, I used a strong cup of coffee, and drank plenty of water once I started working out. Once I got home I would make like 2 eggs for my breakfast, no carbs.

Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12083267 02/08/17 12:11 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I haven't ever taken the pre-workout supplements. I do what Red has done, and my hype to get going is coffee. Now, my son has used NOS BLAST for more energy and focus for pre-workout supplements. Also, after the workouts he was religious with taking Whey Protein by Body Fortress for helping build muscle and strength, and to boost recovery time after workouts. I seen noticeable differences in his muscle mass. All is over the counter at Walmarts or pharmacies.

๐Ÿ˜Ž Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12134734 03/10/17 03:44 PM
A
austin_on_guitar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Any good name brand Nitric Oxide should get you going just fine.

A local store should be able to guide you to a good fit - my recommendation is to try and get one with as low of Caffeine content as possible. It's the one stimulant I've found that messes with my system in ways others don't (Taurine, B12, etc).

I do recommend staring with a half serving instead of a full serving just to get a feel for how it runs through your veins. Some take longer than others to kick in. 20-30 minutes is long in my book, the real good stuff had me charged up within 10 minutes (Jekyll).

I did notice over time that it's good to switch brands because there's a bit of conditioning / tolerance that seemed to kick in with the cheaper stuff.

The feel of a post-workout burn after using a good Nitric Oxide is kind of addictive. With the best stuff, it felt like I was staying essentially pumped for the next 6 hours. Feels cool!

Joy & Justice
Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12138337 03/13/17 11:37 AM
J
jippedgenes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
i tried a sample of NOxplode once i did not want to leave the gym but I drank it at 630pm and did not sleep until 3am

Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: GROD] #12144732 03/17/17 01:59 AM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
Originally Posted By: GROD
Mesomorph in bomb pop flavor is one of the best on the market right now in my opinion. Ultimate nutrition is best place to buy any supplements!

I tried this for the first time today. Not that flavor is a big deal but it tasted awesome. It gave me enough push to finish at 115% of the weight lifting sets I planned on doing. We'll see how it does on Saturday.

My mental desire has been weaker than my physical craving. I only lift 3-4 times a week so getting the 'want to' back is an obstacle I have to overcome.

[Linked Image]
Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12191142 04/10/17 04:34 AM
E
exbellicus Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
I prefer C4 in the Blue Rasperry flavor. That stuff tastes better than Koolaid and mixes really easily even without a shaker ball. There are a few different elements to look for in preworkout supplement if it's the only thing you're taking.

Creatine - the most proven muscle building / endurance supplement out there. It needs to build up in your body, so taking it once a week doesn't do much good.
Amino Acids - another building block for muscle that is well-studied and proven to help, especially with recovery
Caffeine
Beta Alanine - this is what gives you the 'tingle' in pre-workout. It's also supposed to help delay lactic acid buildup (the burn) in your muscles to help you get more reps in
Niacin - this will make you feel warm or flushed

Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: RedRanger] #12197644 04/13/17 04:39 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

I always worked out in the early mornings, I used a strong cup of coffee, and drank plenty of water once I started working out. Once I got home I would make like 2 eggs for my breakfast, no carbs.

pre workout is one of the greatest scams in the fitness industry

Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12197649 04/13/17 04:40 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
two cups of greek yogurt, a half cup of granola or oatmeal, and a cup of coffee is a good pre-workout

Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12205552 04/18/17 09:37 PM
P
pwarren Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
You should look at www.labdoor.com. It ranks all types of supplements based on their ingredients. The preworkout that I take is ENGN by EVLution in the blue raspberry flavor. It is spelled weird and sounds stupid but I like it. I am currently taking my 3rd container of it, the price isn't too bad either. I order it from Amazon.

Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: 04champ] #12232222 05/05/17 02:03 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: 04champ

Scam? Science and the way we respond physiologically to stressors be it exercise induced, work induced, spouse induced etc all play a part in how we perform physically and mentally. Pre training fuel is not a scam if approached properly. That is the same as saying fuel for my vehicle is a scam when I get in and know the low fuel light is on and I have a 60 mile commute.
Do your own research. I would never recommend buying anything off the shelf as a pre prepared supplement especially once you know and understand the chemical basis for which these products are manufactured from.
A good place to start is a reputable company with their own and independent research and development.
https://www.thorne.com/

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: SgtDag] #12232312 05/05/17 02:50 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
https://www.thorne.com/lifestyle-management

I find this very interesting. I have been wanting to get something like this done.

Your typical doctor will not know how to look at this type of stuff. I've asked around and nothing come up so far.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youดre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Pre workout supplements [Re: H2O Seeker] #12232390 05/05/17 03:40 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: H2O Seeker
Originally Posted By: 04champ

Scam? Science and the way we respond physiologically to stressors be it exercise induced, work induced, spouse induced etc all play a part in how we perform physically and mentally. Pre training fuel is not a scam if approached properly. That is the same as saying fuel for my vehicle is a scam when I get in and know the low fuel light is on and I have a 60 mile commute.
Do your own research. I would never recommend buying anything off the shelf as a pre prepared supplement especially once you know and understand the chemical basis for which these products are manufactured from.
A good place to start is a reputable company with their own and independent research and development.
https://www.thorne.com/

That looks like a fine company to source supplements from

You are correct, pre-training fuel is very important. But the PWOs on the market are all scams. Nitric Oxide boosters - SCAM. The science does not support what they claim. There are other PWOs that don't claim to be NO boosters but they are overpriced and do nothing that a well designed meal and some caffeine will do for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide