Originally Posted By: Bigron119
Hand Control for me. I WOULD MISS the foot control. Been there done that. Loose too many fish with your hands out of position messing with the control. ESPECIALLY in cover or places requiring lots of control inputs. I have used one of the Terrova's and did not prefer the delayed reaction of the motor turning the shaft AND then the motor activating. Too much delay. Eat a cheese cracker by the time it starts to turn activate and then move. That's why most pro's don't use them.
There's a big difference between hand control and remote control. The new Terrova responds pretty quick to inputs from the remote.

I can recall when all the older fishermen that use foot control now swore up and down they'd never use a foot control.

We do a lot of things just because we've always done it that way.

The Ultrex foot control simply triggers the electric steerage of the shaft. The cable is not directly linked to the shaft like the Fortrex and does not turn the shaft. It's more like like power steering.

(Reminds me of fire truck pump panels. No way old time engineers would give up their old fraught to the acceerator vernier throttle control. Most of them never knew the newer vernier was actually driving an electronic throttle control.)

Last edited by ScottCook; 01/18/17 03:40 PM.