Got a new (to me) boat last Saturday. It had an Xi5 on it and you could tell that it hit the bow roller when loading and unloading. So I got a LiftSaver from Ron Duran, (BlueNitro), and installed it. I meet Ron to make the purchase and he went over the basic install process and gave me some great info about the install to make it go smooth. Could have done the whole thing in 4 hours, by myself, if I had had the correct anchors and screws. David at Shut-Up and Fish showed me what he uses for anchors and they were a GodSend. They made the install much easier.
Thanks David and Ron for the great products and help.
Pic of the new boat
Anchors used. I didn't use the screws that came in the pack. I got SS. I had to have 4 flat top machine screws that were counter sunk.
Laying out the base. These 2 screws were new holes to give it better support.
These 4 holes are from the original mounting. These are the 4 that had to be counter sunk.
Final clearance. I didn't get a pic of the original clearance, but it was at least 2".
Here are a couple of pics of the counter sunk screws.
And the final product. I forgot a pic of unit in the raised position, but will post one tonight.
All in all, a very easy install.
Thanks again to David @ Shut-up and Fish and Ron Duran (BlueNitro).