Forums59
Topics1,038,973
Posts13,956,732
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show #12019183 01/04/17 05:42 AM
Alex Finch Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I'm happy to announce that I will be releasing a new, one-of-a-kind jig at the Annual Fun N' Sun show in Hurst on January 13. The U-Jig is the product of nearly two years of research and development by myself and a few select fishermen that spend a lot more time on the water than I do. Every one of those days was spent thinking about how I could help fishermen be more efficient and effective on the water, while maintaining the quality and affordability that I offer in other Finch Nasty products. I hope you're able to make it out to the show to see our newest product along with our full product line the weekend of January 13-15.

What is it?
It's easier to say what it is not: it's not a conventional jig. The "U" in U-Jig stands for Universal and this will be the first jig in our multi-purpose U-Jig Series. This is a jig that works equally well swimming, flipping, stroking and punching. The days of needing one jig for each technique are in the past. It will be available in 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 oz by the end of January. We'll definitely have 3/8 oz at the show, and are hopeful that our molds will be finished in time to offer 1/4 and 1/2 oz at the show. We'll try to add some of the heavier sizes (3/4 and 1 oz) throughout the year. We'll offer it in 9 color options initially (colors not pictured: Sun Perch and Live Perch).

What does it do?
The Finch Nasty U-Jig combines the popular recessed eye on swim jigs with a hidden line-tie behind the core jighead. When flipping the jig, the hidden line-tie protects the knot by placing it behind the jighead. The hidden line-tie also serves as a point for customization when an angler ties to the recessed eye: add a stinger hook under your plastic trailer to catch short-strikers, attach a fixed position wire with a spinner blade, the sky may indeed be the limit.

What sets it apart?
First and foremost, it's the quality. I wanted it to be a great value, but I simply won't sell a product that I think is lacking in quality. We really took time with this product to find the best components, to select the best color schemes to offer initially, and to offer what I feel is a jig that is ready to go out of the package. I also didn't want to go down the same path of many other new and smaller businesses by knocking-off what's already out there and pretending that it's something new and better.
*Multi-tone paint schemes, including some custom work performed by one of the Dallas area's top custom painters
*Hand-tied skirts on silicone cores (similar to our line of Nasty's Thumpers)
*Special Order Heavy Wire Gamakatsu Hooks
*Natural-looking 3-D eyes that are not typically found on bass fishing lures; 1/2 oz and larger sizes will have LARGE eyes
*Nasty, fish attracting scent straight out of the package

Second, it's the versatility. Other companies offer single line-tie options. We're not the first to offer a line-through jig head and we're not the first to offer a recessed line-tie, but we are the first to offer this level of versatility with two options. When I designed this jig, I wanted anglers to be able to buy one jig for multiple purposes. It's a combo jig that gives an angler the choice of fishing it how they need to in whichever conditions they encounter on the water. It works great as a swim jig. It works great as a flipping jig. It works great for stroking out deep.

How do I use it?
We'll release some helpful videos throughout 2017. The U-Jig is designed to be used however you want to use it. You can fish it right out of the package or you can customize it. You have two line-tie options. During testing, we found that the hidden line-tie behind the jighead seemed to be more efficient when flipping, stroking and punching. To tie your line to the hidden line-tie, slide the skirt back, run your line through our smooth line-through hole at the front of the jig head and tie to the hidden line-tie (double San Diego jam recommended), then slide the skirt forward. The recessed line-tie works best for swimming.

How much?
$4.99 at the Fun N' Sun show. It's an introductory price that may never be seen again and definitely won't be seen at retail. Quantities will be limited at the show and probably for the first few months. I typically don't go crazy on inventory of new products and we'll be stocking select stores this Spring.

Please note that this product is Patent Pending.

Online Orders: www.finchnastybaitco.com
E-mail Orders: finchnastybaitco@gmail.com

Finch Nasty Bait Co. is now an Authorized Retailer of Keitech Fat Swing Impact swimbaits! We offer select sizes and colors that match our line of Thumpers (bladed swim jigs) and universal swim jigs.
Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12019731 01/04/17 04:51 PM
Monte Reagan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I have been lucky enough to get my hands on these and let me tell you the innovation and quality are very obvious! Stop by the Finch Nasty booth and check them out!

Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12020834 01/05/17 01:39 AM
B
Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Awesome product, Hopefully I can snag a few from you before they are sold out!

Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12020873 01/05/17 01:58 AM
B
basscat dad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
great looking and creative jig design. be at the show on saturday and plan to pick up some of them.

"dreamers have tomorrow if today does not come true"
Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12020934 01/05/17 02:25 AM
R
RiveraTackleCo. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Good looking jig! Very different. See you next week!

uno uno seis
www.riveratackle.com
[Linked Image]
Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: RiveraTackleCo.] #12020989 01/05/17 02:45 AM
Alex Finch Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Monte Reagan
I have been lucky enough to get my hands on these and let me tell you the innovation and quality are very obvious! Stop by the Finch Nasty booth and check them out!

I appreciate the opportunity you give all of us local, smaller guys, Monte. The show that is put on by Fun N' Sun is getting huge! But you still make it a point to find plenty of room for us.

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
Awesome product, Hopefully I can snag a few from you before they are sold out!

I'm hoping I have enough for every one that comes out. Come see me earlier this year. Last year, you were very courteous to everyone and waited till the end to give the customers first dibs.

Originally Posted By: basscat dad
great looking and creative jig design. be at the show on saturday and plan to pick up some of them.

I'm looking forward to meeting you. Last year we were very busy and I didn't get to talk to everyone, which I absolutely hated. I'm going to try to have a few more folks around to help out this year. Please introduce yourself at the show. I've met a lot of great guys from the TFF!

Originally Posted By: RiverAtackle
Good looking jig! Very different. See you next week!

See you there, Carlos.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I think you'll be equally pleased when you see this product in person. I've been at this show every year for that reason. The opportunity to display and discuss products with the customer is a great experience!

Finch Nasty Bait Co. is now an Authorized Retailer of Keitech Fat Swing Impact swimbaits! We offer select sizes and colors that match our line of Thumpers (bladed swim jigs) and universal swim jigs.
Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12021057 01/05/17 03:11 AM
R
RiveraTackleCo. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
@alex...is ronnie Parker coming out with you again? Need to hit him up. Thanks!

uno uno seis
www.riveratackle.com
[Linked Image]
Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: RiveraTackleCo.] #12021073 01/05/17 03:18 AM
Alex Finch Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler

Ronnie probably won't be there, but he will have reps in the booth next to us and we're going to help them out.

Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12021107 01/05/17 03:33 AM
R
RiveraTackleCo. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Ten4. Thanks!

uno uno seis
www.riveratackle.com
[Linked Image]
Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12022729 01/05/17 11:34 PM
Jason Burton Guide Service Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I have been using this as a swim jig all summer, and I can tell ya it works!! Looking forward to the show Alex!

Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12023389 01/06/17 05:49 AM
Alex Finch Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Thanks Jason! We had a little bit of time today to test it out on a lake in SETX. The more I use it and see others using it and hearing feedback from guys with different backgrounds, the happier I am with it. I'm looking forward to the show, too, and to seeing what my fellow TFF members think!

Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12026388 01/07/17 09:18 PM
Kevin Sharp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Alex Finch

Ronnie probably won't be there, but he will have reps in the booth next to us and we're going to help them out.

Ronnie is gonna ride over with me Friday and Saturday.

Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12026397 01/07/17 09:24 PM
R
RiveraTackleCo. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Sweet! Thanks!^

uno uno seis
www.riveratackle.com
[Linked Image]
Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Alex Finch] #12026445 01/07/17 10:03 PM
J
Jeff Gilbert Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
I was lucky enough to run in to Alex at our Hurst store and got to look at this new jig. I was impressed with the concept and can't believe someone didn't come up with it sooner. Props to you Alex for thinking outside the box. Your my kinda people!
This show is gonna be a monster and you are gonna sell out for sure..... we are trying to figure out where to park everyone this year. banana

Last edited by Jeff Gilbert; 01/07/17 10:04 PM.

Here's to ruttin' bucks, cuppin' ducks, & kicker fish luck!

OWNER- FUN-n-SUN BOATS & TACKLE SALES
Cleburne & Hurst Texas
(817)279-1991 & 280-0303
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: A Jig for "U" - Finch Nasty Unleashing the U-Jig 1-13-17 at Fun-N-Sun Show [Re: Kevin Sharp] #12026516 01/07/17 11:05 PM
Alex Finch Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Jeff Gilbert
I was lucky enough to run in to Alex at our Hurst store and got to look at this new jig. I was impressed with the concept and can't believe someone didn't come up with it sooner. Props to you Alex for thinking outside the box. Your my kinda people!
This show is gonna be a monster and you are gonna sell out for sure..... we are trying to figure out where to park everyone this year. banana

Jeff, I really appreciate the kind words. I know you will be very busy next weekend, but hope you're able to stop by our booth early enough to get a few in your hands for your trip to Falcon! I watched a guy buck up on a few nice sized fish on Thursday with it and they all made it in the boat, but those Falcon fish are a different beast.

Originally Posted By: Kevin Sharp
Originally Posted By: Alex Finch

Ronnie is gonna ride over with me Friday and Saturday.

Thanks, Kevin. I spoke with him for a few minutes yesterday and he confirmed that he will be making it out. That's good news for everyone that attends the show, because we will once again be offering LFT trailers for customers purchasing Thumpers at the show (while supplies last, of course)! The Thumper gets the best hunting action with his trailer on it, imo. I'm glad that we're able to send guys out with a combo that will help them have more success on the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide