jcsportfishing Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 12/26/16 to 1/1/17
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.

Marlin Action, Drifting Live Bait at 160ft!
Striped Marlin From Solmar to Lighthouse!
Dorado Being Caught 60ft From Shore!
Tuna Action Chunking Squid!
Tuna Action, Footbal Sized Fish 10 to 15lbs !
Sierra on Hootchies Around the Pumphouse
Some Jack Crevelle and Skipjacks Inshore!
2017 is Your Year!

JC says:My New Book is Coming out ?
JC,s Book : My Marlin Legends & Lies
Captain Chris says: JC, is a Legend!
Fish Report Boy has a Schoolgirl Laugh!!
JamieB says: JC, The Buffoon has a Good Heart !
Darrel says: JC, I hate that Little Worm!
The Brits says: JC, We Cant Stand that Little Panty Waste, but the Old Bloke Makes the Best Yorkshire Pudding We Have Ever Had!
2 of JC,s Baja Recipes Inside!!

HEADLINES: January 1, 2017:

JC screamed: Look Fish Report Boy, Captain Chris is a friend of mine and he doesnt come by my office to try and take your job, Actually no one wants that stupid job I pay you to do. The fish reports looks like a Schoolgirl wrote them anyway. This is not the Bluebirds Troop 15, my reports mean a lot to me!! Besides Captain Chris is way too busy to be writing this thing you call a FISH REPORT. He is a Mango Farmer also, up in the East Cape, the clown has orchards of Mangos he doesnt know what to do with them. Fish Report Boy laughed and said: I thought there was something fishy about that dude, I never have trusted him. Look JC, tell Captain Chris to dont even think of trying to take my reporters job or mess with me!! Just tell the guy when I was travelling with the Circus, when I was in my teens, I fought 2 midgets at the same time and they were both knife throwers. I took them both out!! So tell your buddy Captain Chris to bug out!! And by the way JC: Stop lying to everyone about some phony new book coming out, My Marlin Legends & Lies what's that all about. JC laughed and said: Go Lil Man, get out of my office now!! And then he said: Fish Report Boy you are just a pawn in this chess match.

Jerry Chapman the owner of Jc Sportfishing is the Cal Worthington of Sportfishing in Los Cabos. He will stand on his head till his ears are turning red to make a Sportfishing Deal with you. Go see JC!! Go see JC!! Go see JC!!!

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.
WEATHER: We have had a few overcast days this week with a couple days of light rain even but not a big deal. Lots of this past week was overcast and today was also but it isnt cold by no means actually very pleasant with highs in the ladder 70,s to low 80,s and lows in the lower 60,s to high 50,s.

WATER: Well, this roller coaster water temperatures have left us wondering, but it ain't all a bad thing. According to Tempbreak water has warmed to 74 to 78 degrees and that is a positive for the Marlin and Dorado fishing. I noticed on the map that the water is much cooler up inside the Se of Cortez compared to right here at Lands End. We will take whatever we can get as it is all good to us in this neck of the woods.This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb

BILLFISH: The Marlin fishing has been just ok and not a bunch of fish being caught but they are landing a few. The areas in which they are landing Billfish are up in and around the Light House to Rancho Migrino and their landing them on live bait and lures. It seems most fish are feeding on the surface and pitching bait to them has been effective. The Marlin fishing has definitely slowed, but with the warmer weather here again, most guys have started to go after the Dorado again.

DORADO: Lots of Dorado inshore 60ft off the beach in some cases. The Dorado fishing has been getting better with the warmer water. Ranch Migrino to up inside the Golden Gate has been good for Dorado on Ballyhoo, live bait and lures. I think if you book a boat this week you will have a more than average chance to catch a few Dorado!!!

WAHOO: Wahoo fishing is still pretty good using rapalas and jet heads inshore from Ranch Migrino to Golden Gate. I am expecting this to continue with this 74 to 78 degree water in the area. We are on a roll as far as Wahoo goes with a few straight weeks of reported landings.

TUNA: If you run about 10 miles outside the Golden Gate offshore you will most likely run into some Tuna as there has been reports of Yellowfins being landed. All reports that I have heard of being blind strikes using cedar plugs, king busters and a little on live bait but not lots of fish.

INSHORE: The inshore angling has been really good over this past week with all the Sierras you want from the Light House up to Rancho Migrino with most being landed on small rapalas, hootchies and striped bait. The Roosters on live bait in front of Solmar all the way up to the Light House has been good and even some solid reports of big Red Snapper along the beach by pitching live bait into the rocks but it really depends on how big the swells are if you can do this or not.

From The Admirals Kitchen is Open Again!!
I Got 2 Recipes for You!!! One Dorado one Tuna!!
Yeehaw!!!
Grilled Dorado with hot sauce beurre blanc sound good?
Use this recipe and make it tonight! Hot sauce is a natural condiment for fried chicken and even oysters, but chef Hugh Acheson will deepen your appreciation of it. A good hot sauce, he says, adds acid and nuance to things that vinegary pucker thing I like. At his Atlanta restaurant, Empire State South, his crew even makes a house hot sauce, fermenting barrels of pulverized peppers and salt and later topping off the pungent brew with some cider vinegar. Youll find plenty of use for the bottled kind, too, especially in rich, creamy sauces or dishes that already need a punch of acid.
Ingredients
1 cucumber, seeds removed, thinly sliced
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, minced
3/4 tsp Maldon sea salt (or other flaky sea salt), divided
1 shallot, minced
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 tbsp spicy sauce
115g cold unsalted butter, cubed
4 dorado fillets (120g each)
Freshly cracked pepper to taste
4 lemon wedges
Do this now
1 In a large mixing bowl, toss the cucumber with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, the parsley, and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
2 In a small saucepan, heat the shallot, vinegar, and remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice on medium until reduced to 2 tbsp. Add the hot sauce, lower the heat to a bare simmer and begin whisking in the cold butter; incorporate each cube completely before adding the next one. Season the mixture with a pinch of salt and keep it warm in a water bath (a metal bowl set above a pan of simmering water).
3 Set the oven rack so its 15cm from the grill. Heat the grill and brush a sheet pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season the fish with the pepper and remaining sea salt; drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil over the fish. Place the fillets on the pan and grill until theyre just opaque at the center, 3 to 5 minutes each side.
4 Arrange the cucumber on a platter and place the fish on top. Drizzle with the beurre blanc and serve with lemon wedges.
Makes 4 servings
Lemon Smoked Tuna Recipe
How to Smoke Tuna Steak
Tuna is a great alternative to smoking red meat as it is packed with proteins and vitamins and also low in fat. Tuna steak typically comes from Ahi tuna, which is the highest quality tuna you can purchase. Canned tuna usually comes from Albacore, which is a lesser quality tuna with a fishier smell. This recipe is made with Ahi tuna steaks, but you can also substitute yellow fin tuna steaks if you are unable to find Ahi due to seasonality. Lemon is one of the most popular flavors paired with tuna and helps to bring out the natural flavors of all fish. This lemon, smoked tuna recipe is sure to please a variety of pallets who enjoy a nice tuna steak.

Lemon Smoked Tuna Recipe Ingredients
4 Ahi tuna steaks
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 lemon, sliced
1 bag of charcoal (if you have a charcoal smoker)
1 bottle of lighter fluid or a charcoal chimney starter
1 or 2 bags of wood chips of your choice
Lemon Smoked Tuna Recipe Directions
1. About an hour before you want to start cooking, combine your olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, pepper, and minced garlic together and rub it directly on both sides of the Ahi tuna steaks. Place a slice of lemon directly on each of your tuna steak fillets. Make sure your lemon tuna steaks are either sitting on ice or left in the refrigerator to keep them chilled during this time.
2. Light your charcoal smoker approximately 30 minutes, or 10 minutes before with a gas grill, before you want to start cooking.
3. Wrap your wood chips in an aluminum foil pouch or a metal smoker box. Punch holes in the foil pouch to let the smoke escape out the top.
4. Next simply put your Ahi tuna steak fillets on the grates of your smoker.
5. Check the lemon, smoked tuna about a half hour into the smoking time and flip your tuna steaks. Be careful that the tuna doesn't flake apart and fall through the grates by using a large spatula that can slide completely under the tuna steaks. Smoke the tuna for another half hour and your tuna should be ready to take off the smoker and serve. Garnish the lemon, smoked tuna with a freshly sliced lemon.
Lemon Smoked Tuna Cooking Time
The cooking time for this lemon, smoked tuna is about 1 hour. Some people like to eat Ahi tuna steaks rare or with sushi, so you really can't go wrong when it comes to the cooking time for this recipe. You just want to leave the tuna steaks on the smoker long enough to absorb the smoky flavor of your wood chips.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ

Re: Cabo San Lucas Fishing Report and Baja [Re: jcsportfishing] #12018341 01/03/17 08:59 PM
C
Curt0407 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Great report as usual.

Re: Cabo San Lucas Fishing Report and Baja [Re: jcsportfishing] #12019824 01/04/17 05:37 PM
C
captaincam3 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Going down Jan 19-21. Any recommendations? We want to do one day of offshore 4-6 of us. I and another angler are interested in a half day inshore jig, casting, fly whatever trip.

2012 Nautic Star 2200 Sport
Re: Cabo San Lucas Fishing Report and Baja [Re: jcsportfishing] #12023143 01/06/17 02:40 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Awesome post! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide