Forums59
Topics1,039,272
Posts13,962,012
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12123209 03/04/17 11:49 AM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Good job, Brian! Keep it up and you will wipe away the 220's and blast into the teens! Make it a winner next week.

๐Ÿ˜Ž Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12123223 03/04/17 12:06 PM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
I ACCOMPLISHED MY GOAL!!!

Yea, buddy....I decided to post today because I will be tied up most all of tomorrow. Week 9 is in the books! Today's weight is 229, 5 lbs lighter than last week. 30lbs gone since Jan 1st. I now have to re-evaluate where I'll go with this weight loss, but I know and you know I still have more to lose. 229 is still a chunk. But remember, I'm big-boned, ha! I will need to determine what I want to do next, and I'll probably come back on here and post from time to time, but I will quit boring everyone with weekly updates. What I like about my journey is that I have a healthy routine going. I'm now accustomed to exercising and eating less, and at the right times. Sure, I slip up on occasion, but I also know how to get right back on track once I do have a boo-boo or two.

I wish everybody the best in their health & fitness journey!!

cheers Okie cheers

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12123309 03/04/17 01:27 PM
D
dbvalue Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
CONGRATS Okie! Impressive keep up the hard work.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12126741 03/06/17 04:48 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke

Yea, buddy....I decided to post today because I will be tied up most all of tomorrow. Week 9 is in the books! Today's weight is 229, 5 lbs lighter than last week. 30lbs gone since Jan 1st. I now have to re-evaluate where I'll go with this weight loss, but I know and you know I still have more to lose. 229 is still a chunk. But remember, I'm big-boned, ha! I will need to determine what I want to do next, and I'll probably come back on here and post from time to time, but I will quit boring everyone with weekly updates. What I like about my journey is that I have a healthy routine going. I'm now accustomed to exercising and eating less, and at the right times. Sure, I slip up on occasion, but I also know how to get right back on track once I do have a boo-boo or two.

cheers Okie cheers

I've been looking forward to your weekly report! thumb

I like seeing people succeed at a healthier lifestyle!! I'm sure you are rubbing off on folks and you just don't realize it. If we each rub off these traits and lifestyles...we could turn this country around and the drained healthcare system one person at a time...growth like a pyramid!!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youดre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12128563 03/07/17 01:05 PM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
I like it! Thanks Bassbustin and dbvalue!!

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12128613 03/07/17 01:35 PM
TBassYates Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

cheers Okie cheers

Great job Okie. Checked out my weight Sunday and it was 186. Another 3 lbs and I started really gearing up to do my three days on the treadmill three days on my exercise weight machine and pretty much stuck to it except for a couple of days. I am going to be missing a couple of days this weekend but will be putting in a good 8 to 10 hours on Cypress Springs and Bob Sandlin for a tournament and practice. I also am looking forward to Daylight Savings Time to begin this weekend because it gives me more time to work at my property in the evenings when I get home from a 10 hour work day. I have spent the last month every Saturday and Sunday doing spring cleaning of a lean too and garage that I have put off for a long time and been working a ton which has helped. Got to get that chicken coop built for the wife and grandkids and new storage for my mowers etc. I have always had quite a bit of energy, don't have any problem with getting up early in the morning especially when heading out fishing. But at this time I feel like I have more energy than I have had in years. I find myself still working on projects at the house well into the night instead of my usual sit in front of the tv after leaving every morning for work at 6:00am and getting home at 6:00pm. I am not doing this program to make a difference in the way I look, thank goodness my wife hasn't made looks a big priority, but just a little while back I was noticing issue's with keeping up with the family on our hiking,camping and other outdoor activities. Even in Taos in December when I realized even though I used to go snow skiing a couple of times a year for quite a few years that my skiing days or over. I skied around a bit and then went up with my son in law and one of the grand daughters to the top of the mountain and by the time I made it down to the bottom I told my wife that I was going to pull those ski's off and that was the last time I do that. It just really hit home how I needed to start getting some regular exercise in to go along with the better diet we had gone on. I still will look forward to the next time we have a family trip skiing to just have the fun of watching the kids come flying down those hills but I just see what a difference in a couple of months of doing a lifestyle change how much better I feel. I can't wait for fishing this weekend, for working on my property, for the next camping or hiking weekend. Right now I am looking forward to keeping up what I am doing because of the positive change it has made in such a short period of time.

[Linked Image]
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12128671 03/07/17 01:54 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Congratulations to all of us who continue and keep up. "Movement" is good for the body.

"Food" can be.

...------

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12128686 03/07/17 02:00 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Good stuff ya'll!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: TBassYates] #12130326 03/08/17 02:55 AM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: TBassYates

cheers Okie cheers

Great job Okie. Checked out my weight Sunday and it was 186. Another 3 lbs and I started really gearing up to do my three days on the treadmill three days on my exercise weight machine and pretty much stuck to it except for a couple of days. I am going to be missing a couple of days this weekend but will be putting in a good 8 to 10 hours on Cypress Springs and Bob Sandlin for a tournament and practice. I also am looking forward to Daylight Savings Time to begin this weekend because it gives me more time to work at my property in the evenings when I get home from a 10 hour work day. I have spent the last month every Saturday and Sunday doing spring cleaning of a lean too and garage that I have put off for a long time and been working a ton which has helped. Got to get that chicken coop built for the wife and grandkids and new storage for my mowers etc. I have always had quite a bit of energy, don't have any problem with getting up early in the morning especially when heading out fishing. But at this time I feel like I have more energy than I have had in years. I find myself still working on projects at the house well into the night instead of my usual sit in front of the tv after leaving every morning for work at 6:00am and getting home at 6:00pm. I am not doing this program to make a difference in the way I look, thank goodness my wife hasn't made looks a big priority, but just a little while back I was noticing issue's with keeping up with the family on our hiking,camping and other outdoor activities. Even in Taos in December when I realized even though I used to go snow skiing a couple of times a year for quite a few years that my skiing days or over. I skied around a bit and then went up with my son in law and one of the grand daughters to the top of the mountain and by the time I made it down to the bottom I told my wife that I was going to pull those ski's off and that was the last time I do that. It just really hit home how I needed to start getting some regular exercise in to go along with the better diet we had gone on. I still will look forward to the next time we have a family trip skiing to just have the fun of watching the kids come flying down those hills but I just see what a difference in a couple of months of doing a lifestyle change how much better I feel. I can't wait for fishing this weekend, for working on my property, for the next camping or hiking weekend. Right now I am looking forward to keeping up what I am doing because of the positive change it has made in such a short period of time.

You keep this up and you'll be chasing goats in the Philippines with RedRanger before you know it....and catching them, too! Proud of you. Nothing better than a little weight loss and feeling the good come from it. It's an energy booster. I hope you catch 'em this weekend.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12131073 03/08/17 03:46 PM
TBassYates Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I can't think of anything I would rather do than to be chasing goats in the Phillipines with Jack! In fact if I ever win a lottery and have the money I will see if that is the first thing I can make happen.

[Linked Image]
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12148791 03/20/17 11:45 AM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12148972 03/20/17 02:13 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Heard/saw that the other day on the news. Believable, sitting in a chair/couch looking at a computer/cell phone all day and night is the norm.

As for me, I'm down a pound from the last time I checked in. But I feel great, and think I'm leaning out. I'm thinking last year when I got below 220 for a little while it was just water weight, because I got there so fast, and I don't remember being this trim, or feeling this good.

But I'm still going, planning/wanting to start swimming pretty soon if I can find time, I think one of my buddies is going to get a bike today and he wants to do the hundred in August so we'll probably be riding alot more over the next few months.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12158179 03/26/17 06:38 AM
R
Ricky Taylor Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I'm late to the thread.
19, almost 20, 6'1 223lbs. Started working out again on Feb 18 at 242lbs.
Weighed in tonight @ 223.6Lbs.
Goal is to be in the 180-185 ish again.
My routine is, wake up, prep 5 egg whites, 1/2cup brown rice, 1/2 can of tuna and 12 baby carrots @ 5:15AM, go to gym by 6AM, work out till 8:30ish. Stair stepper, 2.75 miles (walk/jog), and then whatever I've got planned for that day, shoulders, biceps/triceps, or leg day & back & shoulders.
Weekends I like to do 2 a days, cardio in morning, heavy weights at night (9pm or later).
For lunch, substitute the egg whites with 1/2 bag of cheap salad mix and add Tabasco. The brown rice is a substitute for meat IMO, very slightly undercooked gives it a meat texture.
Dinner is either what lunch was but add some ranch and pickled jalape๑os and garlic.
Sundays = day of rest but have yet to take a Sunday off. Tomorrow i WILL!

I wish everyone the best of luck, need some advice, ask! I'm no Guru but can try to help.
I've given up fishing for this, but will be back at it once I've gotten to 200-205lbs.
Congrats everybody on recent successes.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12158180 03/26/17 06:44 AM
R
Ricky Taylor Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
One more thing. If you've got man boobies like I've had, and you want to get rid of them more than anything, completely dedicate part of your work out 20-30min everyday to target your chest. Isolate the upper and lower muscles, YouTube chest work outs and imitate at the gym, and diet hard and I promise you will see results in the first 3 weeks. thumb
Mine vanished dramatically when I did it everyday for the time periods as said. Try to kill your chest, when you close your arms together you should feel like you've just been punched in the center of your chest, and it takes your breath away.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12160066 03/27/17 04:07 PM
TBassYates Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Well, it has been a few weeks. Been really busy fishing lately and working on projects at the house. My doctors appointment is a month away and I don't know if I am going to meet my 10 lb loss goal but right now that number is not important. What is important is that in the short time I have been on this so called program, I have not felt this good and had this much energy if years. Over the last 3 weeks I have fished two tournaments and practiced two days and have spent the rest of the time doing projects at my place that I have put off forever including cleaning out an old lean too for storage and a chicken coop. I have done so much clean up I have taken 8 loads to the dump over that time.
I have only dropped another 2 lbs when I checked last night but that is down to 184 and that was after treating me and the wife to Christina's Mexican restaurant in Forney. But even then splurging was eating a shrimp cocktail appetizer, three Asada Tacos and some rice and beans. My afternoon snack was an Activia Blueberry Yogurt. I am now addicted to these Yogurts now for mid morning or afternoon snacks and can't think of going a day without them even on the boat while fishing. My little 20 minuite workout on my weight machine is no big deal and I think that is why I have been able to keep it up 3 times a week and the only set back is since daylight savings time is now here I miss my treadmill walking sometimes because I end up working outside later and just seem to skip that a lot by the time I get in and take a shower.
Am I sore, yep! There are times when after a day of fishing or working hard in the yard I get sore but it is not a sore like when you get injured, it is just a muscle sore from doing so much and me personally I really like that feeling and do my best to just stretch it out.
Probably not going to make my initial goal of losing 10 lbs before my doctors appointment but right now with the way I feel I don't give it a second thought. Because of my hernia surgery a couple of years ago, me and the wife just doing our best to make little changes in our diet as of about 6 months ago about the time I had my doctor prescribe testosterone shots I do now, all of this seems to have me feeling I am going in the right direction and couldn't really see myself feeling much better than I do right now. Also I am glad that I have even a little more progress with now weighing last night at 184 which is the lowest I have weighed in forever. I just don't see me being able to decided I need to weigh a specific amount because with my 60 hour schedule of work and traveling to and from work and being as busy as I am on weekends with fishing schedule and keeping up with my little 3 acre place, I just don't have an hour and a half or so to do some really hard training. I am not trying to be some body builder, just an old fishing country boy with a place in the country trying to get a chicken coop ready for the grandkids and feel lucky to be in the shape I am in for a 63 year old hippie.

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide