Forums59
Topics1,039,183
Posts13,960,515
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11919269 11/06/16 04:22 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
"MercuryJump", hope you have fared well using the calendar. I have had a few recently, using set lines, as well Rod-n-Reel, share their usage of the calendar & realizing they can zero in on their target & increase their catch volume. I am always glad to hear feedback. I hope to hear back from you.

It's time once again for the monthly Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2016. It seems like time flies faster & faster.

There were 1367 views for October 2016, just in case you were wondering if anybody else was utilizing the Calendar. I am trying to post this before I fall asleep. I probably look like a bobblehead, just catching my head before my face finds the keyboard.

Remember, if you are hunting & staying at a lake camping ground this Thanksgiving weekend, such as Running Branch Marina & Campground at Lake Limestone (for example), you can multi-task. In other words, not only go hunting, but fishing as well. That way, you may not get a deer or any ducks, but chances are you won't be going home with nothing, if also fishing. If you prefer set lines, then set some out, go hunting in the morning, then check & rebait your fishing lines. Go hunting in the afternoon and evening, then go check & rebait once again. If you prefer Rod-n-Reel, then do the same. However, you might already have some waiting for you, if you had set lines out instead. Don't go back empty handed. Or maybe have a good fish fry while camping. Or both. Maybe you are training your teenagers to hunt. You can fish & train them in that skill as well.

Anyway... Have a Great Month & Safe Holiday!
Be Sure to Fall Back tonight & get that extra hour of sleep you need.

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2016
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 BC | 4 BC | 5 BC
6 BFT | 7 BFT | 8 YC | 9 YC | 10 ZIP | 11 BC | 12 BFT
13 BFT | 14 BC | 15 BC | 16 YC | 17 YC | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP
20 ZIP | 21 BC | 22 BC | 23 ZIP | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BFT
27 BC | 28 ZIP | 29 BFT | 30 ZIP
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
8/9 Tues/Wed
16/17/18 Wed/Thurs/Fri
26/27 Sat/Sun

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2016 Moon Phases---
7th- 1st Qtr
14th- Full Moon
21st- Last Qtr
29th- New Moon

For the KEY, back up to October's post.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11941323 11/19/16 11:50 AM
K
Kid Chuckles Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Waiting for Dec. 26th-30th Making a Rod n Reel trip to tawakani. Very good Calendar Sir. You should Sell them lol

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11942524 11/20/16 06:48 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I hope I don't jinx myself here, but I have really high hopes that I will be able to finally get a printed calendar for sell for 2017. Due to many things going on the side, I have not been able to do it the past 3 years.

I will give you a heads up on the days of your trip. But it may not be what you hoped for. Sadly, I cannot alter the way the Calendar falls. But you can key in on it, to maximize your potential. As to the period range, there is a 3 day ZIP run from December 20th thru 22nd. Then 2 days of BFT for 23rd & 24th. Finally a ZIP streak of December 25th thru 29th of 5 days. But jumping to a 2 day run of BC to end off the year 2016 for December 30th thru 31st. If your trip is set in stone, then a few key pointers to help would be to use a scope to find the fish & hit them hard, as rogue ones (25 to 33% in my estimation) might still hit. As to baits, stink baits might have better hits than standard live baits. Best times might be in Daybreak & Dusk feeding times. And be keyed in on weather changes, as certain ones will bring in a heavier bite or activate one. Catfish are very sensitive to pressure changes. It will be best to diversify, as to baits & techniques. The PYC days are 23rd & 24th. As to the Moon, there is good news, as it may work to your advantage- 20th is Last Quarter & 29th is a New Moon. For me, they would hit earlier in the evening & night, than towards a Full Moon time (for me, much later). Above all, get you a small pocket notebook & jot down items as they occur. And hopefully share your results. The best mix of BFT, BC, and YC (including a 3 day PYC period) involves the 7 day range as to December 10th thru the 16th.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11942526 11/20/16 06:58 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I forgot to add, as key pointers, from the evening of ZIP (Dec. 29th) into BC (Dec. 30th), hit them with everything you got. As you can see in the thread "Meat Haul", Dave knows how to "work" the Calendar, as he has been using it for quite a few years now. By keying in on the days ahead & after, you can use Bleedover to your advantage (see his pics on that thread). By keying in on this, you can maximize it to the fullest.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11944370 11/21/16 02:35 PM
B
Big Zee Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
So I'm looking at Tuesday the 29th, November "BFT". So set the jugs out Monday evening and run them through Wed morning the 30th?

Hebrews 11:1
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11945825 11/22/16 06:38 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
That would be correct, possibly even in the afternoon. However, if too early in the preceding ZIP day, you might have your bait stripped. Then if no bait, well no catch. Sometimes you have Bleedover. Not guaranteed though. Meaning it is not an automatic gate that opens at Midnight & shuts at the next Midnight. Since the Calendar does not key in on a specific time or times, you never know if they hit once or multiple times. By using set lines, such as jugs, then you are spreading out your odds, meaning you are securing a much greater spread (catch/catches). I hope I explained that correctly enough. With Rod-n-Reel, you could go the evening before a designated calendar day & stay on it thru the calendar day into the day after (possibly up to Noon), just as well. The thing about set lines though, is that they are there constantly working for you, unless bait has been taken (which can be replaced). This is one of the ways to "work" the calendar to your maximum potential.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11945990 11/22/16 01:43 PM
B
Big Zee Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Thanks good info there!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11947482 11/23/16 05:41 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I dug back to find this, concerning "Bleedover". It was the last tip noted up front in the 2013 (2012/2013) hard copy of Lynn's Catfish Calendar:
+++++++++++++++++
One more item, in assisting you on the Catfish Calendar, is what I call "Bleedover". The Calendar shows out of the 4 codes (YC/BC/BFT/ZIP), which one is the strongest for that given day. I have also started noting separately the basic underlying YC pattern I found that runs in sequences of 2/2/3 [7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 3 on] & repeat [that is about as close as you can get, as it does have a little variation]. Those days should be circled or highlighted on your calendar. These are your PRIME YC days, as to my findings. Each facet of the calendar is unique. Learning to capitalize on various portions helps you to get the maximum possible "catches". "Bleedover" is the fold point from a change on the given calendar day. Example: ZIP then BC, or BC then ZIP. Sometimes the shift is not abrupt or like a gate at the Midnight hour. They may overlap. So by starting the evening before or ending the following morning, it has its advantages. The "roam/feed" circuit is like a switch. It may switch on several times for a day or night or during both. It may switch on for a portion of the day. You have no idea of just when or how many times the switch will click on. This is why set lines show the best results. It is because the set lines are "fixed" and that they are out for the duration of that full day. Most rod-n-reelers only go out for portions of a day, in which they may be fishing in periods that the switch is not "on". However, on another hand, they are not fixed, and can constantly move where the fish are. By use of versatility of moving & electronics, the law of averages prevail in finally hitting a school that eventually one or some will bite. Hope that helps you a bit! Be sure & check out some of the Catfish Calendar Testimonies on the back side of December. The KEY is also there, as well.
+++++++++++++++++

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11947865 11/23/16 03:24 PM
B
Big Zee Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I have not heard the 7 off and 2 on in a long time. My grandpa always told me "find that pattern and your on the yellow cats all year." He was right. Good advice there thanks again.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11964485 12/03/16 10:49 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Here we are, the last month of 2016- December. Some are out braving the cold, the wind, the rain, the waves, or some or all of it. Some are sitting home warm or cozy. But either way, we must be thankful that we can do either. That we are not forced to dance to somebody else's drumbeat. Regardless of your persuasion as to the Presidential outcome, regardless of any possible changes, we are Americans who should band together in our diversity to become stronger & better.

Meanwhile attention turns to the Catfish, mainly Blues & Yellows, as well as Gator Gars. Meaning of course, when to best target them. With that in mind, out comes the December 2016 Calendar, a few days late due to late night work here on my end. It is extremely hard to post anything when you are busy taking on Vitamin Zzzzzzzz hovering over your keyboard. And even more if you don't make it that far after a 12+ hour day.

First off, before I post the Calendar, I want to say that I am trying hard to get the printed version for 2017 ready. Yes, it has been awhile since 2013 that I have had the time to put together the printed version once again. But I need your help. If you have some good pictures of a catch or two. And have time to jot down a few notes, as to where, what, when & how (bait & what type of lines or method). And maybe a little side note or story. Maybe humorous, maybe serious. Or observations noted. Also, whether or not you use the calendar or not. You see, I do not discriminate. If so, you could get featured in on the 2017 Catfish Calendar. Send the info and up to 3 pictures to me (Lynn) at my regular E-dress: <hlynnh@peoplepc.com> (that is a small "L") or in CAPS to: <HLYNNH@PEOPLEPC.COM>.

In 2011, a new addition was added to the Printed version. It was the small pocket mini-calendars.

In 2013, the new addition added was the huge wall calendar. The pocket calendars were still available.

For 2017, the new add-on will be that my PYC days (Lynn's "Personal YellowCat Days") will be added into the printed version, as well as Pockets & the Wall type. Due to that, you will not need the Moon days or the PYC days on a separate sheet of paper. The Moon phases have already been on the printed versions.

The printed version gives you all 12 months, so you can map out your Catfish trips way ahead of time, as well as a back up trip if life throws curve balls your way. Plus the printed version gives you a few updates & tips.

The mini-calendar helps you take it on the go, for any idle time you might want to check or plan, it even has a few blanks in the back for your notes. Best of all, you can introduce your best frends or family to the Catfish Calendar by giving one of these affordable ones. This way, you don't have to loan out your Collectible printed calendar. The requirement, is that you buy at least one of the printed or Wall versions for that given year. You can then order more & more when or if you need them.

And the Wall version is really neat, as you have the whole 12 months right before your eyes, so that you can get the bigger picture, without flipping back and forth & really make some big plans for those trips in 2017 to become the most productive.

All versions have the Key. I will let you know when the magic time arrives & the costs. Meanwhile, if you got pics, info & a brief, send them to me at my E-dress above. I have 3 already and need 8 or 9 more.

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- DECEMBER 2016
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
| XX / XX / XX / XX / 1 ZIP | 2 BC | 3 BFT
4 BFT | 5 YC | 6 YC | 7 YC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BFT
11 BFT | 12 BC | 13 BC | 14 YC | 15 YC | 16 BC | 17 ZIP
18 BC | 19 BC | 20 ZIP | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 BFT | 24 BFT
25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 BC | 31 BC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
5/6 Mon/Tues
14/15/16 Wed/Thurs/Fri
23/24 Fri/Sat

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2016 Moon Phases---
7th- 1st Qtr
13th- Full Moon
20th- Last Qtr
29th- New Moon

Here is the KEY once again.

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2016 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCats Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.

Remember, take precautions in the winter & act accordingly. Other than that, Game On!

Have a Good & Blessed Holy-Days season!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11997903 12/22/16 11:02 AM
M
MercuryJump Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I tried your calendar and caught a few. I am fishing tonight and maybe the next also. I would love to know what your calendar has to say about the expectations.

Check out my facebook page:
"Fishing for a change"
https://m.facebook.com/Fishing4aChange/
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11999704 12/23/16 07:39 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
You did not define when & how much as to your catches. As to the query, there was a 3 day ZIP run from Tuesday thru Thursday (20th-22nd). Followed by 2 days BFT (23rd/24th), which I usually get a mixed fair size catch. But also those 2 days fall in on the PYC days as for the YellowCat pattern best deined as 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 3 on & repeat. There is a slight variance but that is the general YellowCat roam/feed circuit switch. In the last few posts, mention of someone's Grandpa spoke of a YellowCat pattern on 7 & 2, and if you could find it, it would really bring in more YellowCats.

Next is a 5 day ZIP run from Sunday thru Thursday (25th thru 29th). And to end the year off, there are 2 BC (BlueCat) days for Friday & Saturday (30th & 31st).

Once again, as to Bleedover, for those who really want to "work" the calendar to the max & get the most of their catches, the gates do not open and close at Midnight, as the Bag Limit does for the rules in TPW in Texas. Bleedover can start in early & run late. Learn to key in on that like Dave noted in his post "Meat Haul". He baited his jugs out the afternoon/evening of a ZIP day & left them until the morning of the next day (which was a BC aka BlueCat day). Of 20 jugs with 2 hooks each, that was a possibility of 40 max. He had 31. Of those 31, he lost a few trying to boat them, tossed the biggest back, and a few others, only to keep 21 of the 31 that were hooked. That is just above a 75% max catch. And over a 50% keeper rate.

As to a recent rod-n-reel adventure, due to a Cold Front coming in on Saturday evening (17th) just after dark, Eric, Kristina, and Chelsea (my son-in-law, daughter & grand-daughter) went rod-n-reeling about 1.5 miles down TX 21 to the 2nd (middle) bridge of the Navasota River. Chelsea caught 3. Eric & Kristina caught 9 each. For a total of 21 (a few were under size & tossed back). So, 21 catches in a about 2 or so hours. It was this, as per the LCC- Fri/Sat/Sun (16/17/18): BC/ZIP/BC. It was a ZIP day with BC days before & after. Chances are, they hit the Bleedover early from Sunday, and just before the front came in. Weather also comes into play. Sometimes I am amazed on YC days as to how the weather sometimes has a change as you you go into a YC cycle, as an estimate, I would say maybe a 30 to 50% more hit on weather changes. So you really have to wonder if there might be a partial calendar too on weather changes (at least partial).

In my estimates, Bleedover can run after a day on the calendar, into the morning, and possibly to a max of about lunch. Bleedover running before a day on the calendar can run from the evening of the day before, maybe even backing up as far as lunch to the max.

As to each day defined (one of 4) on my Catfish Calendar, there is no pinpoint time, or how many times the switch or switches may trigger. This is why set lines take advantage of that. Yet, if you have a boat & some sort of scope, you can increase your odds by hitting various groups & spots of fish. Another plus is the sorts of bait used. I'll explain that one in January's calendar.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12003821 12/26/16 06:27 AM
M
MercuryJump Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I did fair Friday. I caught 9 BCs nothing over 10lbs.

Check out my facebook page:
"Fishing for a change"
https://m.facebook.com/Fishing4aChange/
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide