Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass #11932492 11/14/16 01:20 AM
Donald Harper Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Shallow Water Mapping has been the best way for me over the years to find the areas holding big Bass. It allows me to fish the 20 best spots. It takes that many to find the one best spots on a lake holding huge shallow water Bass; but it takes 3 of these best spots to put together the winning stringer. Pick just one lake until you have it mastered and commit to that lake, no where else. The bite I was always looking for was on my Custom Bait Package. It is not a must but it has worked for me.

Your fish is more apt to stay in an area that has thick cover for a longer period of time. I have found shallow water spots that I could count on if the water level was consistent year after year with heavy grass and hardwoods mixed.

MARKING THE HARD MAP OF YOUR LAKE:

-I spend 8 hours picking the best 20 spots for you to fish this time of year.
-They are all checked and cross checked with 3 different satellite views.
-It will take you one full week to cover all 20 spots.
-The spawn is a key time for you to find the best areas on your lake.
-You will gain knowledge form my Map Statistic Sheet of why these places are the best on the lake.
-You will carry this knowledge with you to other lakes you fish.
-You will learn how long to stay and when to go.
-You will learn all the features of a lake that makes certain spots the best.
-You will learn what to do when the water level in your lake changes.
-Out of these 20 spots expect to only find ONE good spot holding Big Bass.
-The other 40 spots will become easy for you to locate on your own.
-It takes 60 spots, hard fishing, 3 hours at daylight, moving fast, covering 3 spots each morning; just to find the best 3 spots with big fish on a shallow water bite.
-Having 3 shallow water spots to go to in a tournament will draw you a check every time.
-You will gain knowledge of how to follow these fish when they move each day back to their comfort zones.
-Nothing wrong with repeating a spot to be absolutely sure if it is holding fish OR not. I always give the quality spots a second chance.
-You will learn what makes a quality spot.
-You will learn how to find the best spots to fish when the BAD weather moves in.

On cloudy and drizzly mornings you will be able to cover some added spots before your bite moves back to the comfort zone which will help shorten the process of covering 60 spots on the lake.

You Will Learn The Techniques Of My Search Baits:

- Spook - Fluke/Back up - Spinner Baits - Living Rubber Skirts - Baby Doll Jigs - Blade Jigs - Soft Plastics.
You will learn the importance of using scents:
- Minnow - Night Crawler - Crayfish - Craylic

Contact Info.: Give me a shout for priceing and we will start putting all this together:
PM's - Cell: 432-553-1874 - Email: fishnteacher@gmail.com

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #11938157 11/17/16 01:13 PM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Have you ever considered writing a book?

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #11938218 11/17/16 01:59 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Wrote one back in the 70's, "Where To Go In Extreme Western Kentucky", for the Chamber of Commerce. It was way too consuming and took away from my fishing. HA.. It was just a paper back for them to have on hand for any hunters and fisherman coming to the area. Lots of great articles of where to go and how to get into the public hunting and fishing areas on the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers.

It had my hand drawn maps, many pictures of catches and kills, phone numbers of the right contacts, how to catch Bass, how to set up for ducks, geese and deer, places to stay over night and best places to eat. The bad thing about books that really help you today find the right spots is they are time specific. Now everything has changed and it is basically worthless.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #11957746 11/30/16 03:04 AM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Thanks FlaNative for the map work. I appreciate your business.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #11987499 12/16/16 04:09 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Many have asked what they get for the Mapping work.
This a sample of what I do.
- You get the 20 screen shots of the best spots that I have found.
- You get a full write up of 1 - 20 on each of those spots.
- You get my article on tracking them to where they live.
- Ledger to keep up with catches and notes.
- Paper Map marked with the 20 spots.
- Search bait package and all the techniques for fishing them.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #11991745 12/19/16 12:38 AM
FlaNative Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Many have asked what they get for the Mapping work.
This a sample of what I do.
- You get the 20 screen shots of the best spots that I have found.
- You get a full write up of 1 - 20 on each of those spots.
- You get my article on tracking them to where they live.
- Ledger to keep up with catches and notes.
- Paper Map marked with the 20 spots.
- Search bait package and all the techniques for fishing them.

I've been studying the materials that Don produced for me while waiting for the weather to warm up to above freezing. I have to say that the price he charges for the info he provides is a bargain. If you're interested in a breakdown of your favorite lake and don't have 5-10+ years to spend on figuring it out yourself one weekend at a time, then I highly recommend his service. If you're specifically targeting big bass, then Don's mapping service coupled with Bill Murphy's book "In Pursuit of Giant Bass" could be a winning combo.

It's not a slam dunk; you still have to put in the time on the water. Armed with Don's materials to help you learn how to break down the rest of your lake, you can spend that time fishing the water that is probably the most productive.

Tight lines!

Steve Raulerson
Ranger RT188
Florida Native by Birth, Texan by Choice
[Linked Image]
Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12083696 02/08/17 04:00 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
All PM's returned. I want to thank all of those that have put there confidence in what I do to map your home lakes. I also want to assure others that if you choose one of the same lakes, your spots will be strictly your 20 spots. Lakes are full of excellent holding areas for huge Bass and I work very hard to find those exact spots.

Contact Info:
By PM's - Cell: 432-553-1874 - Email: fishnteacher@gmail.com

Sample Write-Up and Screen Shot on Falcon:

4. This spot is straight across the river channel from Big Tiger. This is your second spot when the sun gets up. It takes sun to put them snugged up to the hard woods. As you can see it is at the mouth of the 3rd cut going North on the Mexico Side; but the fastest way to find it is to run to Big Tiger then go straight across. Look for the Deep Water Gouge coming out of the River Channel. The Gouge would normally lead into a small shallow water basin but has all the best contours out in open water. This is a snuffed off wind spot. You want be able to stay on it if the wind blows. Two plastics to throw into the hardwoods are Berkley 10 Red Shad Power Worm and Zoom Brush Hogs. Both fisherman are using two different baits until you get it figured out. Keep your boat in deep water make cast to the under water points and gouges in the contour. The gouges are where the larges hardwoods are. If there are any big hardwoods sticking up then you want to drop down in them as vertical as possible. There will be Huge Bass here; so make short cast even when you cannot see hardwoods. You will never get them out of the trees and it will only be a story. You can use 65# braid here because it is not pitching bushes.

NOTE: Fish both FUNNEL POINTS very slowly before entering the gouge. Fish on the tip ends, fish the front side drop, fish across the top, and fish the inside of the opening on both sides before going to the hardwoods. Tallest hardwoods will be the best.

Last edited by Donald Harper; 02/08/17 04:07 PM.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12131511 03/08/17 07:51 PM
J
JJHunts Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Anyone looking to learn a home lake or a future tourney venue should take a long hard look at this. It helps a busy guy that does not always have the time to spend looking through several sources and maps. I had Mr. Harper map a lake for me and it rewarded me with a top 5 finish in a tournament from the 1st spot he reviewed for me.

I wanted to share that with you all. I was on the fence to try this for a while. Sure wish I would have done it earlier.

Thanks Donald!

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12133066 03/09/17 05:32 PM
D
Dr JL Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Nice work Mr Harper!!!
Looks like a great deal people should strongly consider.
I really like reading your input / advice on the forum.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12161455 03/28/17 04:56 AM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Sorry I am so late Dr JL and JJHunt. Been in Mexico for the last 12 days with customers. I appreciate all your confidence and will work to do the best job possible on all your home lakes.

Also a big thank you goes out to my latest mapping customers.
Madermu
Gingerbread Man
falcon09
Too fat 2 fish

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12191492 04/10/17 02:34 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Thanks M. Alexander for letting me map your second lake. Glad to get the report on a 3rd. place finish.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12191767 04/10/17 05:09 PM
M. Alexander Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Thanks M. Alexander for letting me map your second lake. Glad to get the report on a 3rd. place finish.

I appreciate it, Donald. If you're looking for help to shorten the learning curve on a lake, have Mr. Harper do the mapping work for you. thumb

Mark
Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12243819 05/13/17 12:52 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Bass are on the move now from the spawn. Let me help you find those staging spots where they will be grouping up. I want to thank a few guys for their confidence in letting do their mapping work.

hazlewood1087 - Lanieer - Mr. Medows - John Anderson - NWEST10 - Nutman - Wrangler1 - FosterFence - Red Too - Mr. Mullican - Joebbird - TinyD - OzarkAngler588 - Big Kevin - grasshoppor - Kevbach - Rkangler - Hook'em79 - BB675 - 14Foreal11 - Durner42 - BoneDoc - Wirebender - Mr. Colwell - stickchunker - zhopson - northdallasfisherman - Mr. Briggs - Mr. Lamb - Dinger82 -railey -tabvet -

Thanks for your business guys,
Donald

Last edited by Donald Harper; 05/13/17 01:43 PM.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12252959 05/19/17 01:05 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Three more Mapping jobs in and I want to thank these guys for their confidence in letting me help find the big fish. I truly appreciate your business: Barbarian - "TexasFight" - RYNO

Thanks,
Donald

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Shallow Water Mapping - For Big Bass [Re: Donald Harper] #12264986 05/27/17 12:22 AM
"
"TexasFight" Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
"
Big thanks! To Donald Harper for the shallow water mapping he did for me. Tremendous value for such an affordable price. If your needing some help with locating better quality fish I'd highly recommend you contact Donald, you won't be disappointed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide