Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #11998670 12/22/16 07:17 PM
M
Mike Yeager Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
I've owned several Nitros. I'm in a Z9 now and I love the ride. It also has a huge front deck and it works for me.

Mercury Pro Staff www.mercurymarine.com
Apache Corporation www.apachecorp.com
Power-Pole www.power-pole.com
Destroyer Bait Company www.destroyerbaitcompany.com
Ardent Reels www.ardentoutdoors.com
Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #11998909 12/22/16 09:04 PM
B
bogey♂ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I keep telling myself that I'd like a new/newer boat, but there is nothing wrong with the one that I've got.

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
you know, nothing wrong with seven men who met on the internet going for a swim together
Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12054852 01/23/17 02:39 AM
M
mox22 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
My little brother bought a z7 2016 and the gel coat is coming off and the trailer fenders had to be replaced already too

Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12058377 01/25/17 02:55 AM
K
KingwoodCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
They are IMO a niche boat. A lot of features for not a lot of money compared to top of the liners, like Ranger, Bass Cat, Skeeter, Etc.
Not saying they are bad boats, but if you go over them closely and compare them to the top of the liners, you can see the difference.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a look at the American Indian".

Henry Ford
Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12058429 01/25/17 03:25 AM
N
nitroslim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Have an. NX 750. With the 115. I like it, no issues with it. Had it since 07.

Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12076796 02/04/17 09:53 PM
B
BCB Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
This is an interesting thread. Since it's got a good direction we will chine in.

Today price any boat you buy and any brand. Figure out your goal and what your intended use is? Once a month or twice a week and those are different. Then figure out how long you will keep it and whether the payments are $X vs $Y. If it's all about a payment then how long you will keep it is a major factor. Dig deeper if you fish tournaments as figure out the level of incentives you might win and what events might you win those in. How long and how many and for most in the Nitro category they tend to keep those models more than 2 years.

Compare the price tags of similar models of different brands and then dig in. Look at the components you can see, then pay particular attention to those you can not. Glass, Gel, transoms and flooring are all items you can not see. Next pay attention to the items external you can see and dig into those. Lids are all lids, though check bracing and liner materials. Then evaluate brands of hardware components, are they private label or branded Perko, Johnson, Attwood and Marine Town. Are they plastic or stainless and how do they compare to a comparative model of another brand. then dig into the vinyls on seats, and don't stop at the vinyls, get into the guts of the seats. From there what brand are the gauges and is the wiring tinned? Switch brands and more can be explored. Now let's look at the carpeting brand and the ounces of weight, then go beyond that and do they brush it or spray to save glue? From there you can go all over the board on what maters. To the novice much of this matter none at all and any brand boat will last him a decade or more.

Then comes the trailer and is it tube or channel? Is the steel USA or import? Is the paint easy to clean, name brand or a utility black with no real durability. Then there are tires, diameter, fenders, light brands, harness that is Wesbar or some private made with pins that fall out. Brand and style of axles? There is a huge list of things that can be considered on the trailer alone.

To the angler that is an enthusiasts and spends lots of time on the water, which Texas has plenty of, it matters a whole lot. None of this is a slam to any product as they all have their purpose inthe market and all brands fit well. It's just that there are differences in $1.50 a yard, $1.00 a pound, .07 a screw or connector, or even $4 a switch... and they all add up!

BCB

BCB
Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12077499 02/05/17 06:32 AM
J
jafish Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Driving a 1994 nitro black max 225hp bought it in 1997 and still running good. Best boat for the money.

TAKE A PHOTO HOME NOT THE FISH. CATCH AND RELEASE
Set the hook first and ask questions later.
Re: Nitro boats? [Re: bogey♂] #12077514 02/05/17 07:41 AM
B
Big Lunker Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted By: bogey
I keep telling myself that I'd like a new/newer boat, but there is nothing wrong with the one that I've got.
I had an old timer tell me one time, he said, remember those fish don't give a damn what that boat looks like. I still have my old boat and it will catch just as many fish as the new ones will...LOL.

Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12084192 02/08/17 09:26 PM
D
drc9805 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
I have a 2011 Nitro Z9 and love it. I hope I can say that for many more years.

Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12092926 02/14/17 09:10 AM
blackhorse Offline
Angler
Angler
One of the better threads I have read here.. I own a 97 skeeter Zx185 with Yamaha ProV 150, after 20 years it still runs great, does what I need. But if I get another boat I would not be afraid to get a Nitro after all the comments made here. After all the object is to catch fish and enjoy the outdoors. Good luck to all out there.

Re: Nitro boats? [Re: BCB] #12095088 02/15/17 01:17 PM
G
GarySHO Online Content
Ice Ice Baby
Online Content
Ice Ice Baby
G
Originally Posted By: BCB
This is an interesting thread. Since it's got a good direction we will chine in.

Today price any boat you buy and any brand. Figure out your goal and what your intended use is? Once a month or twice a week and those are different. Then figure out how long you will keep it and whether the payments are $X vs $Y. If it's all about a payment then how long you will keep it is a major factor. Dig deeper if you fish tournaments as figure out the level of incentives you might win and what events might you win those in. How long and how many and for most in the Nitro category they tend to keep those models more than 2 years.

Compare the price tags of similar models of different brands and then dig in. Look at the components you can see, then pay particular attention to those you can not. Glass, Gel, transoms and flooring are all items you can not see. Next pay attention to the items external you can see and dig into those. Lids are all lids, though check bracing and liner materials. Then evaluate brands of hardware components, are they private label or branded Perko, Johnson, Attwood and Marine Town. Are they plastic or stainless and how do they compare to a comparative model of another brand. then dig into the vinyls on seats, and don't stop at the vinyls, get into the guts of the seats. From there what brand are the gauges and is the wiring tinned? Switch brands and more can be explored. Now let's look at the carpeting brand and the ounces of weight, then go beyond that and do they brush it or spray to save glue? From there you can go all over the board on what maters. To the novice much of this matter none at all and any brand boat will last him a decade or more.

Then comes the trailer and is it tube or channel? Is the steel USA or import? Is the paint easy to clean, name brand or a utility black with no real durability. Then there are tires, diameter, fenders, light brands, harness that is Wesbar or some private made with pins that fall out. Brand and style of axles? There is a huge list of things that can be considered on the trailer alone.

To the angler that is an enthusiasts and spends lots of time on the water, which Texas has plenty of, it matters a whole lot. None of this is a slam to any product as they all have their purpose inthe market and all brands fit well. It's just that there are differences in $1.50 a yard, $1.00 a pound, .07 a screw or connector, or even $4 a switch... and they all add up!

BCB

Get post BassCat boats. There are many costs that goes into a quality product that are not easily seen.

[Linked Image]
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt

Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

2020 Caymas CX 20 PRO and 250 SHO
Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12095224 02/15/17 02:40 PM
M
Muzzlebrake Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Anything that Bass Pro owns is going to have less quality in the details. It's what the bean counters do when the company acquires the competition. The last top quality boat Tracker produced was the Avalanche and it was discontinued since the profit margin was too low. Look for Ranger boats to go down in quality as well. Every penny the bean counters save in manufacturing adds to the profit and their bonuses at the end of the year. It's the little things that add up.

From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round...and He laughed and laughed and laughed!

Re: Nitro boats? [Re: Loganf] #12095534 02/15/17 05:11 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Time for this thread to go away!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide