Fishing Happy Day Today Sailfish #11965828 12/04/16 09:04 PM
H
HDT Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
H

Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Topshotfishing and Capt. Zsak

Bob and Connie Robb, along with their son, Blair, from Ontario, Canada chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Bob and Connie, avid anglers, have done a lot of fishing for Pike and Halibut up north. As the Robbs boarded the boat and were welcomed by the Topshotfishing team, I asked them what type of fish they would be interested in catching. Bob said that he would like to catch some eating fish as well as a Sailfish.

So with this in mind, we stopped off to get some live Goggle Eyes from T&T Bait. Fifteen minutes later we were fishing in Fort Lauderdale at the sea buoy, which is 1.8 miles from shore in 120 ft. of water We started off trolling with two #8 plainers down one with a 3 blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a pink and blue sea witch with a double hooked Bonito strip. For surface baits with went with two Ballyhoos and two Bonito strips.

As we trolled the reefs, the three anglers took turns bringing in their catches. Bob asked me if there had been any Mahi-mahis around, and I replied that it was a hit and a miss with Mahi-mahis since there hasnt been any Mahi-mahis caught in the past 4-5 days, but that we would go off shore to see if we can catch any.

I found a color change with a rip in 600 ft. of water off of Fort Lauderdale. We headed south on the color change and after about twenty minutes, the rigger bait came down a swing and a miss! I turned the boat around and headed back to the same area. The plainer rod tripped, line screamed off of the reel and Blair hopped into the fighting chair. Sailfish!!!! The Sailfish exited the water and kept jumping to dislodge the hook. After a twenty minute fight, Dave, our mate, grabbed a hold of the trace that was 80 ft. long. Now you have your hands full, Dave!!!! Dave brought the Sailfish closer to the boat, leaning over the side and billed the fish for picture taking and later released to fight again. This was Blairs first Sailfish, and he showed it with a smile.

From there we headed towards the Snapper grounds and caught a half a dozen Snappers. With a total of six Kingfish, one Sailfish and 6 Snappers, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Bar located at 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock. At the dock, Dave fillet the anglers catches for tonights dinner.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.

Re: Fishing Happy Day Today Sailfish [Re: HDT] #11967747 12/05/16 08:58 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Nice post and and Awesome fish. Good job. cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Fishing Happy Day Today Sailfish [Re: HDT] #11968033 12/06/16 12:16 AM
C
Curt0407 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
thumb

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide