What's your #11966860 12/05/16 02:25 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Mind set when you get out on tha lake?

I had to take a step back this past Fridy because what worked fer me the w-end before had me only wetting my jigs & the feesh seemed to be MIA.....

After 30 mins or so I was there scratching my head thinking what am I doing wrong, I knew the feesh didn't just up & leave but according to my electronics the structure was void of any feesh....

Mostly during a major weather change I've seen it more times that the fish get so deep into the structure that my electronics will not show any feesh....

After changing 6 or 7 color combos I worked my jig into the root system of the stump & THUMP....

These crappie are elusive till you get that 1st feesh then it's ON after that....

I like the challenge but sometimes these crappy are crappy to figure out.....

The moral of my story is don't locked on what you did too catch before always have a open mind to let tha feesh tell you what they want......

Thumpidy thump.....so addictive....taste great...

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: What's your [Re: SK.] #11966874 12/05/16 02:33 PM
TexExp Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Yep, its always a challenge... and sometimes humbling! cheers

Re: What's your [Re: SK.] #11966883 12/05/16 02:36 PM
R
RODS454 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Mine is to slow down and fish slower this time of year. I find myself fishing to fast. I have to fish a brush pile or pier longer than in the spring or summer. Bardwell is a relatively small lake, with not a lot of deep water, so finding the fish is not that difficult. I just have to remember the fish are not as aggressive as they are in the spring. Although I have had some vicious bites, for the most part it is a real light bite. I'm looking forward to some more input from others.

"I'd rather be fishing!"
[Linked Image]

Re: What's your [Re: SK.] #11966902 12/05/16 02:47 PM
L
leanin post Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
LIFELINE,, Whers the life? when I get in the boat and start motoring off, im looking at the sonar,. plankton, baitfish , and gamefish usually can be found in the same areas. when I see baitfish that seem to be hanging out at 14 feet in many places, thats one indicator .. next, wind direction. wind blows plankton around, and at night baitfish tend to go into the coves, flats, slews, shallow areas to feed on the plankton that have blown into these coves. crappie and other gamefish follow these patterns. in my opinion crappie feed mostly at night they are lazy opportunist, but after the night feed, they tend to go hang in the areas near where the night feeds occured, at a comfortable depth. Third seasonal migration movements. Some lakes they go in the creeks in winter and spring, sometimes . what is the water clarity. I believe water clarity and fertililty have more effect than the temperture. Dont wait for it to turn 60 degrees to go looking for spawning fish, and dont assume they will always spawn shallow. 4th, crappie are very adaptable fish, Ive caught them in 12 feet of water and 26 feet of water in the same day, it doesnt hurt to try different depths any time of year, because even in winter, they might be sitting on a deep ledge in 30 feet, but depending on light conditions, and the water warming some, they may move up the ledge, into 8 feet of water. Keep an open mind, and tune into whats going on at the lake by observing minute details. last but not least, dont believe that just because Joe Blow isnt catching fish or cant figure the fish out at a lake, doesnt mean you should concede that they arent catchable, because they are, you just have to put the puzzle pieces together., they have to eat almost everyday, they are in the lake, you have sonar that can find them, just go do it!!

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: What's your [Re: SK.] #11967293 12/05/16 05:42 PM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
You make a good point SK and I'm the worst about going back to the same old places to catch fish. I guess one day I need to lock my rod box, leave the key at home and go graph some new spots......nope, I can't do that. roflmao

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: What's your [Re: SK.] #11970554 12/07/16 05:13 AM
C
crope1 Online Content
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
Online Content
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
C
Great info guys!

Re: What's your [Re: bush hog] #11971335 12/07/16 05:37 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: bush hog
You make a good point SK and I'm the worst about going back to the same old places to catch fish. I guess one day I need to lock my rod box, leave the key at home and go graph some new spots......nope, I can't do that. roflmao

I do this ALL the time, but I do have 1 rod out to test what I've found thumb
Actually some of my better days have been "Searching" days.

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide