Forums59
Topics1,039,182
Posts13,960,485
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11964054 12/03/16 04:48 PM
B
Billy_Lawson Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Oh yeah almost forgot, he put slot fish in his well too, lol. Don't believe me go look at his Instagram.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11964097 12/03/16 05:14 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Billy_Lawson
Oh yeah almost forgot, he put slot fish in his well too, lol. Don't believe me go look at his Instagram.

Now that is some funny shiat right there

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11964381 12/03/16 09:21 PM
M
meP2too Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
If you prefer those by all means send your money there if that's what you'd like to do. The guy who created them was out there too and posted a pic of 2 whole fish, after he found out the big bait bite was on out there. We had 11 no doubt filmed cast to catch and bigger fish, so I'll stick with my convict. But no need to start one those crazy people swim bait wars here.

well from my trips last month and this month to monti, a YUM Money Minnow either 3.5 inch or 5 inch, Hackney Swim Jigs with a rage tail trailer, and 10 inch zoom ole monster will produce just as good as that big swim bait and cost a lot less. Actually 30 years ago a strike king porko or a slug o produced that quality of fish in those same areas, so I hope you don't think your trip was special.

I sure hope you post some videos of either you or Andrew whacking the bass at Fork, so the hoards of fisherman can go hammer those areas. It has been nice fishing Monti the last few months with 10 to 12 boats on the water, but after your video and honey hole gets out there and films the lake will be a zoo.

Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: meP2too] #11964567 12/03/16 11:44 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: meP2too
If you prefer those by all means send your money there if that's what you'd like to do. The guy who created them was out there too and posted a pic of 2 whole fish, after he found out the big bait bite was on out there. We had 11 no doubt filmed cast to catch and bigger fish, so I'll stick with my convict. But no need to start one those crazy people swim bait wars here.

well from my trips last month and this month to monti, a YUM Money Minnow either 3.5 inch or 5 inch, Hackney Swim Jigs with a rage tail trailer, and 10 inch zoom ole monster will produce just as good as that big swim bait and cost a lot less. Actually 30 years ago a strike king porko or a slug o produced that quality of fish in those same areas, so I hope you don't thing your trip was special.

I sure hope you post some videos of either you or Andrew whacking the bass at Fork, so the hoards of fisherman can go hammer those areas. It has been nice fishing Monti the last few months with 10 to 12 boats on the water, but after your video and honey hole gets out there and films the lake will be a zoo.

Sorry we ruined your spot.....

Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #11964614 12/04/16 12:09 AM
M
meP2too Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

well from my trips last month and this month to monti, a YUM Money Minnow either 3.5 inch or 5 inch, Hackney Swim Jigs with a rage tail trailer, and 10 inch zoom ole monster will produce just as good as that big swim bait and cost a lot less. Actually 30 years ago a strike king porko or a slug o produced that quality of fish in those same areas, so I hope you don't thing your trip was special.

Sorry we ruined your spot.....

you did not ruin my spot, my last trip was the day after thanksgiving and we easily bested your day. From your videos it appears you know three areas, one area in the pads, the railroad bridge, and the discharge where you were going to fish. Oh and in "your" video, you can be heard stating that the fish you put in the livewell was a "7 pound slot fish", since the evidence is there maybe Heath will seek you out and write you a citation.

Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: meP2too] #11964646 12/04/16 12:30 AM
B
Billy_Lawson Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B

well from my trips last month and this month to monti, a YUM Money Minnow either 3.5 inch or 5 inch, Hackney Swim Jigs with a rage tail trailer, and 10 inch zoom ole monster will produce just as good as that big swim bait and cost a lot less. Actually 30 years ago a strike king porko or a slug o produced that quality of fish in those same areas, so I hope you don't think your trip was special.

Well considering the no wind post frontal type conditions and that we called our shot as we headed out that morning and the fact that there were swim bait industry big timers out there after us that only caught a couple fish, yeah I think we did pretty good. Anybody who watches that knows we guessed on the light side of all those fish so yeah a 30lb+ bag on one of the one or two days you get to film is pretty good imo. Actually a 30lb bag is really good anytime anywhere far as I'm concerned. If you catch that every trip out there on whatever you feel like throwing you should be one of the highest rated fishermen in the country. But according to your post just a few days before this was filmed you said at Monticello you could catch dinks on the south end, but the fishing up north was spotty. So apparently this was a great day even in your high standards just a few days before. Either way I enjoyed the heck out of it and hope you are really catching them that good, I'd like everyone to experience that day, it's why I make those vids.

Last edited by Billy_Lawson; 12/04/16 12:31 AM.
Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11964663 12/04/16 12:46 AM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
The Lake Fork OT Champs are headed out there next Saturday. Will be my first trip and you video is what has inspired me to finally get out there.

Team Wolfs
Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11964692 12/04/16 01:00 AM
L
Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Good job guys. Looks like a fun day out on the lake I cut my teeth on.That lake is still kickin them out.

Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11964835 12/04/16 02:43 AM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Thanks for posting your videos. Entertaining. From a very old Monti fisherman who spent many a day or night out there as early as the early 80's y'all's day is worth a brag. Don't waste a breath defending that! thumb

Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11964958 12/04/16 03:42 AM
M
meP2too Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M

............................... I'd like everyone to experience that day, it's why I make those vids.

No, you make the videos as advertisment, hoping to show your talents as "guide". Since you appearantly don't care about the ensueing pressure you cause at Monticello. Maybe, in the future, you could publish all your sucessful experiences at Lake Fork.
I'm sure your fellow guides won't mind sharing every "currently" productive spot with 20 or 30 other boats.

In my reply I reported the fish up north were scattered, as opposed to being bunched up like they were at thanksgiving, but I never said they were not biting.
October it was tough water temps in the upper 80's, decaying vegatation soured the shallow water, by second week of November the water temps were in the mid 70's, we had some rain, and the plant raised the water level, conditions were right and the bass began feeding, As a licensed Lake Fork Guide I am sure you understand seasonal patterns, Mr Grills grilled you on it, moving baits, replicating shad or something swimming will get eaten.

Personally I try not to give "open air" reports that could effect the fishing pressure at small lakes.

Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11964998 12/04/16 04:04 AM
C
ChrisBlackmon95 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
I for one have fished that lake and fished that area several times and you don't just catch em like they did. They had something figured out for sure! Great video guys, and don't let anybody tell y'all different. Bunch of high school girls on this forum anymore I swear!!

"When you set the hook, break the rod!"
"Every bite I've ever had has been a reaction bite."
Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11965011 12/04/16 04:10 AM
B
Billy_Lawson Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Referred to your post on monti from nov 19 the day before a college angler jacked 30 and made a video, but I know you just are better than me at fishing. If you weren't so ignorant and selfish and hard headed you would see on my YouTube channel plenty of videos that are less than flattering of my days on the water but they are %100 honest and the most current info an east tx angler can find. If I was trying to advertise for my guide service why would I post vids where I don't catch em. It truly is about my love for this sport and I for one have no problem sharing info on fork or anywhere. We share water everyday at fork so I don't care I have to figure out my own way to catch em every time. The fact that you think you have some right to be angry about me or anybody sharing info about a public body of water just proves that you are everything that's wrong with this sport and specifically this forum. Also the reason you can count on one hand the amount of guides that even bother with this place anymore. Try to share some good current info and there is always somebody trying to knock you for it. Good luck, like I said I hope you and everybody that goes out there catches them just as good or better than we did.

Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11965018 12/04/16 04:18 AM
B
Billy_Lawson Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
for you to say that he grilled me on a seasonal pattern is ridiculous, we were working as a team on what wether you believe or not was a tough day, there were two short windows when those fish ate that big bait and we did a pretty good job taking advantage of it imo. He's better than me at the big bait deal so he kept throwing it some even when they weren't biting it and he would tell you I'm better at the flipping deal so I kept doing that, but you're apparently so good at every tactic you wouldn't understand that I'm sure.

Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11965020 12/04/16 04:19 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Who posted the video of them breaking Texas State game laws?

#MFGA
Re: Great swimbait fishing at lake Monticello, caught on camera!!! [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11965022 12/04/16 04:22 AM
B
Billy_Lawson Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Uh not me, lol

Doug you're everything that's right with this sport imo

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread