Forums59
Topics1,039,288
Posts13,962,326
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11954471 11/28/16 12:57 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Log the remodel work on the Garmin? smile

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: Nocona Brian] #11954729 11/28/16 03:29 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: NoconaBrian
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Some of our regulars have gone MIA....I haven't seen their data on Garmin in awhile. Wink wink, you know who you are! smile

Don't fall behind guys!

After church and lunch I have a 1.5 hour run scheduled! Final burn off from a long weekend!

Ehhh, I don't know what you're talking about. cheers

We're in the middle of a house remodel, hopeful to be totally done before the 10th, should get back to some routine then. It's killing me to see my bike hanging from the ceiling.

Hey man, November has been a crazy month. I rode a little on the trainer yesterday evening and thought I was going to die!

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11956260 11/29/16 01:14 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
RO519, you know nothing about crazy month until you have a 2.5 year old. smile Enjoy your life now!!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11956862 11/29/16 07:06 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I can't even imagine! I'm just trying to better myself at work every day. I was at the office till 7:00 last night, and the last one to leave every day last week (Monday-Wednesday)

I don't know how guys with young kids do it. I had a co-worker that had a toddler and a 8 year old and he was training for a 70.3. I never beat him to the office and the earlier I ever got here was 4:30... Somehow he always found a way to work in his workout. Every day. It was impressive.

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11956892 11/29/16 07:20 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
That's crazy on getting to work like that, does his wife work? I'm rolling in at 8am on the dot every day if I'm lucky.

With that 2.5 year old, add a 26lb 11 month old who's solid muscle and can "run", and a wife who's involved in more volunteer work than you could imagine on top of a full time job and you're getting close to my crazy.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11956944 11/29/16 08:05 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
I'm somewhere between sticking to healthy conscious eating vs gorging myself into 3 day tryptophan coma.

I ate until I couldn't anymore. It's one day. Or three. Whatever. How much weight could you possibly gain in November and December?

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: RO519] #11956971 11/29/16 08:23 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: RO519
I can't even imagine! I'm just trying to better myself at work every day. I was at the office till 7:00 last night, and the last one to leave every day last week (Monday-Wednesday)

I imagine living down there that is how it is. I don't value work like that....LOL!

I'd rather better myself physically, spend time with family and be po folks. I have given up chasing the almighty dollar....I won't ever be rich and those who are rich are often missing out on other things in life...health, family, fun, ect.

Little off topic, but been on my mind a lot the last year...since I got REALLY poor. smile

I don't get off chasing the Jones' across town.....they are stressed trying to make that 2K mortgage on a house they are never in. smile

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: 04champ] #11956976 11/29/16 08:26 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: 04champ
Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
I'm somewhere between sticking to healthy conscious eating vs gorging myself into 3 day tryptophan coma.

I ate until I couldn't anymore. It's one day. Or three. Whatever. How much weight could you possibly gain in November and December?

LOL, I weighed myself before Thanksgiving and after. My wife said I was crazy, but I was curious. Before holiday I was the lightest I have ever been, one day later I was 10 lbs more. smile

After the continued eating all weekend, relatives kept asking to go eat, and I don't turn down free food....I am down to only gaining 3 lbs pre holiday.

I am flexible on weight though...I can vary 5 lbs between days. My wife hates me (she says it's water weight).

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: RO519] #11956997 11/29/16 08:41 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

I don't know how guys with young kids do it. I had a co-worker that had a toddler and a 8 year old and he was training for a 70.3. I never beat him to the office and the earlier I ever got here was 4:30... Somehow he always found a way to work in his workout. Every day. It was impressive.

I bet he sleeps come sundown. LOL!

Lot of folks here (well ladies) run at 3:45 - to 5am.....never any later. They go home to tend to the kids before Daddy goes to work. I'm sure they get a nap though.

Not many men make it at that hour to run with them. smile I did one day, but I scheduled a nap that day. Nothing like running with a bunch of women!! nuts

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #11957056 11/29/16 09:05 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

I imagine living down there that is how it is. I don't value work like that....LOL!

I'd rather better myself physically, spend time with family and be po folks. I have given up chasing the almighty dollar....I won't ever be rich and those who are rich are often missing out on other things in life...health, family, fun, ect.

Little off topic, but been on my mind a lot the last year...since I got REALLY poor. smile

I don't get off chasing the Jones' across town.....they are stressed trying to make that 2K mortgage on a house they are never in. smile

Ohh I agree. I am not trying to keep up with the Jones' in any way. I am just young and trying to get my career started on the right path. My relatively new bride (married one year this past October) and I are very happy with how life is going at the time being. We both work hard, but have hobbies we enjoy doing and are able to do them without stressing about money.

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11957070 11/29/16 09:13 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Enjoy it! My wife and I had so much fun pre kiddo....life was grand, money was good, economy was awesome for the most part, vacations galore, FLW tournaments, Skeeter boat, on and on..... I lived my retirement then (working retirement of course).

Then we decided to try to have a kiddo and all that fun stopped. Now our fun is much different.

Side note - I'd rather spend my money on experiences rather than a big house/big car.

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11957097 11/29/16 09:27 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Agreed. I can live quite modestly. I don't need a giant house, but I am ready to get out of an apartment. We are trying to be smart about how we live though and are saving like crazy. thumb

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11957108 11/29/16 09:31 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Save now.....LOL, when Momma stays home with kiddo saving stops.

We prepared for this day though....but didn't plan on the slowing economy. It's eaten our savings up faster than planned. Along with some medical expenses.

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: RO519] #11957169 11/29/16 09:56 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

sounds like he has a wife that does her job

Re: How will you handle Thanksgiving eating?? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11966752 12/05/16 01:21 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
20 days until Christmas, better get on the train before another holiday gets here! Do work SON!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide