Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: Rog
Gigem I was fishing a area where I had caught quite a few big fish and found a school of smaller fish up on a small point. Was catching quite a few when I noticed some big swirls where I had been catching and all of a sudden the bite died. About 5 minutes later I noticed her just under the surface in front of the boat. I made a couple to her but she wouldn't do anything lol. Trolled over and figured out why. I got her back in quick and after a minute or two she swam away strong. Made me think my fluke was waaayyy to small.

Cool story Rog. We were casting a SKT Mag 110 squarebill in the area where this bluegill came up.

If you haven't seen one of those baits in person you would be amazed at the size. It is a squarebill but the body of the bait is much larger than a 10XD. Even at that after we saw that bluegill, we felt like our baits were TOO SMALL!!

Shhhhhh. There you go giving away one of my best big fish secrets. Those SKT square bills don't catch fish. Mike and I watched a giant chase a bream like that in circles one morning. But she finally caught and ate it. How big was she? Who knows for sure but enormous.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.