Print Thread
Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter #11937161 11/16/16 06:36 PM
B
bradhlgv Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
I was wondering if anyone has gone out w/ the crew of Paparda Rey fishing charter? Looking at their web site - www.offshorebiggame.com, they do not list any names of their Captains for their boats - Paparda Rey & Cabo Loco. Got a referral from friend of a friend but would like to hear from folks on this forum before I make a decision.

Also, should you have a quality Boat & Captain you would like to suggest I would appreciate that. We are looking for a 12+ hour trip on boat w/ "cabin" (yes we are mostly land lubbers) and basic facilities such as microwave, AC & for longer trip (24-30hrs) beds to catch a nap on. Not interested in bill fish or snapper. Looking for Dolphin, Mackerel, Cobia, Tuna, etc - freezer fillers. Prefer to leave from Freeport vs. Galveston.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: bradhlgv] #11938031 11/17/16 06:02 AM
D
Day0ne Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Great boat!!

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter
Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: bradhlgv] #11940605 11/18/16 08:58 PM
G
George A Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
G
Originally Posted By: bradhlgv
I was wondering if anyone has gone out w/ the crew of Paparda Rey fishing charter? Looking at their web site - www.offshorebiggame.com, they do not list any names of their Captains for their boats - Paparda Rey & Cabo Loco. Got a referral from friend of a friend but would like to hear from folks on this forum before I make a decision.

Also, should you have a quality Boat & Captain you would like to suggest I would appreciate that. We are looking for a 12+ hour trip on boat w/ "cabin" (yes we are mostly land lubbers) and basic facilities such as microwave, AC & for longer trip (24-30hrs) beds to catch a nap on. Not interested in bill fish or snapper. Looking for Dolphin, Mackerel, Cobia, Tuna, etc - freezer fillers. Prefer to leave from Freeport vs. Galveston.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hey Brad you bring up a good point, it can be tough to find the perfect charter & captain your'e looking for, that's why there's such a great community of anglers around here to help. I still though feel like something is missing in the ability to search for a trip & captain online and situations such as this demonstrate that.

Right now it is possible to find and book a captain/fishing trip online and over the phone but it often involves a good amount of digging. Make no mistake, forums such as this are so valuable and will always have a place for us everyone to share their passion and knowledge. But I think it would be helpful if we could also find the best captains and a personalized trip where we feel confident about our decisions without referencing multiple sites, making multiple phone calls, and asking our buddies what they recommend. Do you agree? I feel like whats whats missing from online fishing sites where people book trips is granularity communicated through useful, detailed information we search for in phone calls to captains, bait shops, and our buddies in forums. Info such as if fish we are are looking for are in season, bio info about a charter's captains, what our likelihood of catching specific fish are, details about the captain's specialty and special amenities on the boat, etc.

My buddy and I are students at Indiana University and Purdue University. We are passionate about arming anglers with information so they not only find a fishing trip the the best fishing trips. To take steps in that direction have entered a business plan competition at Purdue.

Were looking to gain feedback from more anglers throughout the U.S. Below in my signature is a link to a google forms survey. Its super quick, its only 6 questions, its not a scam, we do not make any money from clicks, were just looking to learn, wed love to see what yourself and others think about a few ideas we have to help anglers find their perfect trip & captain. Thanks!

Happy catches,

-George

Last edited by George A; 11/18/16 11:23 PM.

Indiana University Student Trying To Improve The Search For Captains
Google Forms Research Survey (I promise it's not spam): https://goo.gl/mdncHm
Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: Day0ne] #11941393 11/19/16 01:29 PM
B
bradhlgv Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
I appreciate the comment - care to let me know why?

Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: bradhlgv] #11956160 11/29/16 07:10 AM
G
George A Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
G
I just want to see anglers interested in fishing with a guide/captain have more information before they make a booking unlike some of the booking sites out there that are focused on just helping anglers find a trip with a captain, instead helping anglers find of a great trip they're confident about booking, with a captain they're excited to meet and learn from. I also want to help out guides who don't want to jump through all the hoops of advertising their business on google and just want to share their passion for fishing with people who want to learn, and scale their guiding/charter business if they want. I always like to bounce ideas around and learn from other's experiences, these surveys help me do that, please don't hesitate to PM me and we can exchange numbers.

Last edited by George A; 11/29/16 07:11 AM.

Indiana University Student Trying To Improve The Search For Captains
Google Forms Research Survey (I promise it's not spam): https://goo.gl/mdncHm
Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: bradhlgv] #12064773 01/28/17 11:39 PM
six_anthonys Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
My family has fished on this boat and with Kenneth the captain at least five times. I strongly recommend them

Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: bradhlgv] #12064842 01/29/17 12:46 AM
L
Luke98 Offline
Angler
Angler
L
All the way around it's hard to beat on a long trip ! Kenneth doxy and that boat is is BEYOND great !!
Ran a 54 hour trip with them !

Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: bradhlgv] #12064864 01/29/17 01:01 AM
six_anthonys Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: bradhlgv] #12064898 01/29/17 01:22 AM
six_anthonys Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Re: Looking for info on Paparda Rey fishing Charter [Re: bradhlgv] #12080209 02/06/17 07:39 PM
C
Caboloco Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Hey Brad,
This is Lane Kilgore captain of Cabo Loco. Glad to see your interest in the offshore big game team. We are pumped up about this year's charter season and are looking forward to taking anglers like yourself out for a great experience. Keep in touch and I'll be sure to post some pictures when we can get some clearer weather.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide