Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,940
Posts13,955,935
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Martins Guide Service and Lowrance Electronics Class with Brian and Tommy Martin on Toledo Bend Sam Rayburn #11916291 11/04/16 07:20 AM
Brian_Martin Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Guided black bass trips Rayburn and Toledo

On a guided fishing trip with Martin's Guide Service you can expect to learn about techniques, lure selection, lake patterns, and have a ton of fun! Our trips are done out of our The newest Nitro bass boats on the market equipped with the latest Lowrance electronics. We offer a variety of trips. If you have something special in mind just ask us and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Corporate trips
Help Navigating the lake
Fun fishing
Pre tournament scouting Full day up to two people
Full day - $400 up to two people
1/2 day - $275 up to two people

Lowrance on the Water Classes

Classes usually last 2-3 hrs and cost $250. One additional person can sit in on the class with us for an extra $100. Any parts needed such as ducers or ethernet cable and labor to install will be a seperate charge.

We also offer an on the water electronics class for Lowrance users. Most people do not even know they need the class until they take it. They do not realize how much more their unit is capable of or how much they are missing due to improper settings or installation. The class is designed to help beginners and the most experienced users. We go in your boat using your units if that is possible if not we can go in my boat. We will go through your set up to assure everything is installed correctly before we hit the water. If something is not working correctly I keep spare ethernet cables, transducers, and other misc part on hand to repair those damaged components on site if possible. The parts and labor for instillation are a seperate charge (which varies from case to case) from the $250 for the class. I will talk with you in the weeks leading up to our class to try and solve any issues such as part replacement and so forth before hand so we can get on the water and start learning as quickly as possible the day of the class. Once we assure everything is working properly we will hit the water and get started. Reading topographical maps, setting up the unit, the basics of using the unit, structure scan, side scan, 2d sonar, and page set up and layout are some of the topics we will cover during the class.

Below is an image from a clients unit. When we started the 2d sonar, side and structure scan were all set up incorrectly. In a few minutes I had the unit set up and dialed in. We ran across this school of bass shortly after. I explained to him that this was ideally what you want to see. The bass were related to the bottom and seemed to be in what I consider a catchable position. We stopped for just a second and caught a few of them to help the client gain confidence that what we were seeing were indeed bass and then idled back over them several times at different angles to show what the bass will look like on 2d, down and side imaging. Some guys that have took the class have never seen fish like this on their unit. Not because they are not around them, but because they simply do not have the unit set up correctly. I have had a number of clients inform me that they have never fished over 5 ft on Rayburn and Toledo and within the next few days they are sending me great screenshots of offshore schools of bass and pictures of them with the fish they caught by using the information they learned in the on the water class. Nothing makes me more proud than to get those kind of updates and to see that they are able to put the information learned in the class to use once they are out by themselves. Though the class is better suited to offshore fishing, we also go over and discuss many mapping techniques that will improve your shallow water fishing as well. I also go over how to set up side imaging in order to find beds during the spawn and other shallow water structure and cover.

To book a guide trip or set up an on the water class give me a call at 936-635-1374. You can also check us out or book a trip on our website Martins Guide Service

Pictures one of the clients sent to me who had never fished deep on Toledo. This was the day after he took the class with me.

Martin Guide Service & Lowrance Electronics Education Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn 936-635-1374 or 936-676-8394
Re: Martins Guide Service and Lowrance Electronics Class with Brian and Tommy Martin on Toledo Bend Sam Rayburn [Re: Brian_Martin] #11938038 11/17/16 06:37 AM
Brian_Martin Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Right now is the perfect time to set up an on the water electronics class. Seeing some good stuff here lately. Those units cost a pretty penny so why not get them set up to perform to their full potential.

Martin Guide Service & Lowrance Electronics Education Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn 936-635-1374 or 936-676-8394
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide