facebook
Forum Stats
102702 Members
61 Forums
858703 Topics
11264671 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#11937227 - 11/16/16 01:26 PM Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services.
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Burleson, Tx
Hello TFF. My name is Kevin Smith and I am an avid fisherman with a passion for helping others on and off the water. One way I love to help others is to help keep their rods in top notch shape to help them catch that fish of a lifetime or to win that big tournament. Rod services include guide and tip replacement, grip replacement, cork cleaning, hook keepers added, micro-guide conversions, custom rods built to specifications and much more.

I am located in Burleson and strive to get most work done within 24 hours and do it for a fair price. I have many positive reviews here on Texas Fishing Forum and would love to help you out as well!

Find me on Facebook Here

#11937443 - 11/16/16 04:10 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
Cougar FTD Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Keller TX
I did not know Kevin previous but he did an amazing job on over 20 rods for me I had laying around. I think that's my kistler cork in the top pic lol! I can't even translate how detailed he is and how much he prides his work and putting his name on it.

Kevin I have four more I'm bringing early next week. Couple falcons cara need inserts on tip, one g Loomis and one Bucco. I'll text you. Thanks for the awesome work on the first batch

#11937768 - 11/16/16 07:37 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: Cougar FTD]
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: Cougar FTD
Kevin I have four more I'm bringing early next week. Couple falcons cara need inserts on tip, one g Loomis and one Bucco. I'll text you. Thanks for the awesome work on the first batch

My pleasure. Glad I could help you out! I'll be here when your ready to get more fixed up. cheers

#11938874 - 11/17/16 02:47 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

Here are a few more reviews from happy customers here on TFF:

Originally Posted By: PiePuncher
Anyone needing a rod fixed in the area should contact Kevin. I guarantee he will get you taken care of in quick fashion. If you are looking for top quality service and work in the area hit him up.
Those of you that know me, know I'm a snob. This dude will get you taken care of with excellent communication.
Give him a try.

Originally Posted By: David Medler
Kevin does a great job, quick turn around and great pricing.

Originally Posted By: tx2va07
Kevin replaced a micro guide for me on a Duckett rod and turned it around super quick with excellent work! Highly advise y'all to let him take care of your rod needs! Thanks again Kevin!

Originally Posted By: fisherman_4life
Kevin is a great guy. He was able to fix 3 rods for me over night. And at a very reasonable price. He also went above and beyond to clean the rods and cork handles. Great work. Thank you again Kevin. Will definitely be using you again. Hopefully not real soon. LOL If you have rod problems you should give him a call.

Originally Posted By: SAKS
Like to give another shout out to Kevin for fixing up my rods. Don't hesitate to give this guy a call if you need rods repaired.

Originally Posted By: Hoghunter36
Just had Kevin fix five rods for me and they look great! He turned them around in a day and everything he did looks like it was done in factory. I had him fix a falcon with micro guides, a carbon light that needed three new micro guides, my favorite Allstar needed a tip and some guide wrap, an old shimano that is my wacky rod needed a tip, and he even made an old castaway look new! I have been weary about having rods fixed because the last few times I have the were not proportionate.
Not an issue with Kevin I highly recommend him!

Originally Posted By: jerod14
I dropped of 2 rods and 1 reel for repair with Kevin, and was absolutely amazed at how fast he got all 3 back to me. The quality of work is ridiculous and the price that he charged me was by far better than fair. Kevin is a great guy and understands how important his customers are. He can fix anything from a Zebco 33 to a Daiwa Zillion. Hit him up! I have some photos, but I am not sure how to post.

Originally Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery
Dropped off my Tatula rod for Kevin to replace the tip. Had it done in a day, picked it up and it looked amazing! Very please with his work. Don't hesitate to send your rods to him guys he does a great job! Will be my new rod repair guy for sure. Thanks again Kevin!

There are many more positive reviews from TFF and other sources but this would be a very long post if I were to share them all. Let me earn your business and I will make you a happy customer as well. Guaranteed.

#11941665 - 11/19/16 11:35 AM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

I only use ProWrap thread as well as ProKote and ProPaste epoxies. All thread used is colorfast and ProKote thread epoxy is the ultimate in clarity and protection from UV yellowing. See more here:

https://www.facebook.com/ShamrockRods/posts/170836930047288

#11943257 - 11/20/16 02:01 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

flag

#11946840 - 11/22/16 04:03 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

Just wanted to give thanks this week to all the fine folks I've met thru TFF. Your business is greatly appreciated. If there is anything else I can help you out with, please let me know.

Also, be sure to like our Facebook page for an upcoming "small business Saturday" posting with some really great offers. Click on the link below in my signature. Thanks!

#11953414 - 11/27/16 01:44 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
jcarring99 Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: Arlngton
Those look great!

#11953853 - 11/27/16 06:27 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: jcarring99
Those look great

Thank you!

And everyone remember to check out my Facebook page for my "Small Business Saturday" special going on right now.

#11957003 - 11/29/16 02:44 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

Another happy TFF member!
Originally Posted By: 97Stratos
go with KEVIN SMITH!!!!!...very nice young man. Does great work. He just did (2) of my Dobyns rods. Replaced eyelets and put on a preferred hook keeper. Checked all my eyelets and even cleaned my grips. Rod looks NEW. ...VERY SATISFIED. Very reasonable and his turn around is very quick. yOU WILL NOT BE SORRY.
Thanks again Kevin. I will use your services again and spread the word....about your excellent work.

Also, come see us at the annual Fun-N-Sun boat and tackle show coming up on January 13th-15th. We will be doing rod repair demo's as well as showing off a few of our recently built technique specific rods. If you have any rods that need repaired feel free to leave them with us at the show. See you there!

#11957170 - 11/29/16 03:56 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
KnotEnuff Offline
Angler

Loc: Burleson,tx,usa
Kevin repaired some of my rods for me and he did an excellent job. You will not be disappointed with his work.

#11961817 - 12/02/16 02:30 AM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KnotEnuff]
KVS Offline
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: KnotEnuff
Kevin repaired some of my rods for me and he did an excellent job. You will not be disappointed with his work.
Thank you for the kind words.

#11961938 - 12/02/16 07:29 AM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
RedEar12 Online   content
Angler

PM sent.

#11962660 - 12/02/16 02:38 PM Re: Rod repair, restoration, and custom build services. [Re: KVS]
89javelin100 Online   content
Outdoorsman

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
great work I was super happy when I got my Gloomis back.

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide