Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET #11904989 10/28/16 03:46 PM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
THESE YAHOOS ARE SOMEWHERE IN BFE!! NOT AFFILIATED WITH MINN KOTA. I'm sure there's folks on here that already knew that, but I did not. Just got a trolling motor from them with a busted handle. They want me to take pictures,furnish serial number, WTH!!!! Don't get fooled like I did. After looking at web site again, I see, "An Independent Dealer of consumer products". Looking at the website, it's ALL ABOUT Minn Kota. Rocked my world, will be cancelling credit transaction, and sending back. This is mind boggling for an older guy. I'll read the fine print next time. Enough

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11905161 10/28/16 05:53 PM
44 Diesel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Yep the same group has websites for Humminbird ,Garmin ,lowrance factory outlets and no telling who else. I know Humminbird has a caution of some sort on their website about them as well.

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11905542 10/28/16 08:36 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
the old saying if its too good to be true.

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11906317 10/29/16 01:13 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
That sux's Harold, I hope it works out your way.

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11907166 10/29/16 11:15 PM
S
ScottCook Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Get your credit card company involved. They may be able to help you out or at least not pay it out and get it off your bill.

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11907188 10/29/16 11:28 PM
F
Fishspanker Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
I brought two Hummingbirds from The Factory Outlet for less and without a issue.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11907592 10/30/16 03:20 AM
Tubby Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I don't see your problem. They are asking you to give them confirmation that it was damaged. Perfectly normal in these circumstances. Did they tell you they weren't going to do anything?

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11907716 10/30/16 07:14 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Ya, I'm kinda missing your point. You got a good discounted deal from a company you ASSUMED was "direct from the manufacturer" and they want some verification of shipping damage. Give em a chance to fix the problem/make it right. No reason at this point to believe they won't. "Factory Outlet" is a gimmick business name aimed at the consumer. You know what Walmart is? A "Factory Outlet". Where products get sold after they leave the factory. I have this conversation with my wife every time I go to an "Outlet Mall" with her(ya, I still go). "Factory Outlet" is also called "Retail". :-) Unless you are stating that they will not fix the shipping damage what is the problem?

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: 361V] #11907763 10/30/16 11:54 AM
K.D. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: 361V
Ya, I'm kinda missing your point. You got a good discounted deal from a company you ASSUMED was "direct from the manufacturer" and they want some verification of shipping damage. Give em a chance to fix the problem/make it right. No reason at this point to believe they won't. "Factory Outlet" is a gimmick business name aimed at the consumer. You know what Walmart is? A "Factory Outlet". Where products get sold after they leave the factory. I have this conversation with my wife every time I go to an "Outlet Mall" with her(ya, I still go). "Factory Outlet" is also called "Retail". :-) Unless you are stating that they will not fix the shipping damage what is the problem?

Kind of like those records/cassettes/cd's that used to be sold on tv. "All music by the ORIGINAL ARTISTS". What people didn't realize was the ORIGINAL ARTISTS was the name of a crappy band that sang all the different songs they advertised. Without the social media of today, they sold millions worth before word spread of what a deception it was.

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11907844 10/30/16 01:38 PM
Der Vorsteher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I've bought 4 Lowrances from Lowrance Factory Outlet store and never had a single issue. In fact, they always aid 10-12 days shipping and got them all within three days.

Team Wolfs
Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: 361V] #11911731 11/01/16 08:38 PM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I too have purchased several items from this place with no problem. Why would they need pictures of something that a customer says is f'ed up.The point is they advertise if you don't like it, send it back(for any reason). You have 30 days to do so. On top of that they wanted the serial number(they don't have that on my order), and the fact that the person I was talking with had a very thick accent and I had trouble communicating the problem. Also to take a pic of the damage, I had to take the top off of the motor, then someone would say "Oh look, you took it apart, can't do anything now". Put some one on the phone that is fluent in English please. I guess the succession of events during the phone call mounted as it got stupid dumb. On a positive note, Bryan at Sartin Marine, Lake Fork is fixing it under warranty. I own a welding supply business, Welders Warehouse in Dallas, I know what it means to unconditionally garantee satisfaction and this didn't cut it. That is all, going fishn HWH
Originally Posted By: 361V

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11913018 11/02/16 02:06 PM
D
DillonCan'tFish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Harold,

First off, great store! I used to shop at your place quite a bit when I was on the road. Secondly, unfortunately, this sort of thing is becoming far more common these days. Being in sporting goods sales now, I see every scum bag's sideways trick trying to return counterfeit items for authentic replacements and on and on. It is also a requirement to have photos of all damage (including shipping boxes) to file a claim with shipping company. I completely agree with your frustration about not being able to understand the representative though. Just provide the most information you can. It sounds like the Outlet is filing a claim with UPS or whoever the carrier was and has the ball rolling on a common return/exchange process.

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11913140 11/02/16 03:27 PM
TallBaldCypress Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Ya can't take this stuff personally. You're just paying for the crimes of others.

Businesses have to protect themselves from all the scammers, crooks, cry babies, yelpers, facebookers, etc. Everybody always trying to get stuff free and complaining all the damn time. The days of the customer always being right are over.

And rightly so.

Last edited by B. Dill; 11/02/16 03:27 PM.
Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11913344 11/02/16 05:21 PM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Hi Harold,

Just wanted to add a few comments.

1st: I think any retailer has to choose if they want to offer the lowest price and go towards volume sales to make a profit or if they want to concentrate on the service aspect and charge a higher price. If you're wanting the lowest price, you get poorer service. IF you pay a higher price, you should expect a better service experience. IF you're like me, you'll research to find the lowest price available and place the order and hope for the best. Most of the time, this works well for me, but I do run into a few issues that I expect because I paid less for the item.

2nd: It's my opinion that if you want a hassle free return on an item, you should visit a brick and mortar retail store and purchase the item. Alternatively, you could purchase the item online with a brick and mortar store and pick it up at the store. That way, you get to inspect if that's your wish.

If I had a website selling items and having them shipped, I think it would be a necessary evil to require photos/documentation in order to repair an issue. In this case, I agree with others that the "outlet store" will need to file a claim with the carrier to get re-reimbursed through insurance. I'm sure the carrier/insurance provider is looking for any possible way to deny that claim.

Re: MINN KOTA FACTORY OUTLET [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #11913448 11/02/16 06:40 PM
Texascajun69 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I have purchased more items on line than I can remember. I have used Tackle Warehouse, Academy, Bass Pro Shop, Amazon, and E-bay and only once did I not get what I expected and this was from Tackle Warehouse. When I called them about my order they shipped out the correct items that day. NO HASSLE. There are companies out there that the buyer needs to be ware, but I can say, IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY ISN'T. No business is going to sell something that far below the market value. Rule 1 in Business is to maximize profit, Rule 2 is to refer back to rule 1.

John K Fontenot
Diapers and Politicians need to be changed often; and for the same reason.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide