Page 1 of 2 1 2
Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa #11911997 11/01/16 10:23 PM
T
tboxfish Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Early last week Travis told me that he had been offered a management position, but it would mean relocating to Lawton, OK.
It would depend upon the salary package that was offered to him...........
We made plans to hit another small local lake that I had never been on for Saturday, 10-29-16.

We met at the ramp at 8am and unloaded the boat.
Travis told me that I'd find a big brush pile just south of the ramp.
We immediately started sticking quality black crappie banana
The better fish found HARD and ran off to the side like a bass does eeks

Wait, I said quality! roflmao

We fished several brush piles that Travis had put out, and found a few more clap

While fishing, Travis broke the news that "Corporate" had came back with a compensation package that he couldn't turn down eek

Travis and I have been fishing together for a couple of years now and I'm truly gonna miss our adventures

We finished up the afternoon with a double limit of fish we didn't have to measure

25 in the front livewell thumb

25 in the rear livewell thumb thumb

All fish were caught on Mini Tadpoles hooked

Found out yesterday that Travis does not officially take the position till Dec 5th, so hopefully we can slip in another couple of outings cheers
Travis says that once he does officially take the position, for the 1st year he will be too busy to slip off and go fishing bang

Gonna miss ya Buddy

P.S. Don't always believe everything that is reported on TPWD website, according to them, there's no measurable amount of crappie in this little lake loco

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912174 11/01/16 11:49 PM
M
Mac817 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Good luck in you new endeavors Travis, and congratulations. Hang in there Todd, the year will go by and he'll be fishing again. Best wishes to you both.

I would rather die finding out there was no God than die finding out there is.
Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912203 11/02/16 12:04 AM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
When Travis walked in the shop that afternoon getting back from OK, kinda sounded like that's what might happen. Plan that retirement we'll Travis and then you can chase those crappie every day.
Good trip guys. thumb

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912236 11/02/16 12:17 AM
F
Fishin" A Jig Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Good report and pics ... sorry to hear that friends will be separated but always will remain friends, though with all of the memories that have been shared together. Good luck in your new postion with a new company juggle

Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912243 11/02/16 12:20 AM
P
Pintail711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
I've got brush in that lake. Going tomorrow morning,.

Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912259 11/02/16 12:37 AM
F
fish n fool Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Good Luck Travis on the next chapter of life. Before long you will own the company and be able to fish anytime you want😀 it was great meeting you at the GTG

DJSmith

Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912304 11/02/16 01:05 AM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
Man that's great on the promotion!! Maybe you can get them to work in a corporate crappie package and get your slab fix in!! Congrats on the promotion sorry your moving away but Lawton isn't that far!! I've been there several times shooting birds! It's not that far away!!! thumb

Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912477 11/02/16 02:00 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Super post and super fish. hooked I have always loved reading both yours and Red Snappas Post! You will always be friends for life and the memories of past trips will always be there for the both of you. thumb Oklahoma is right next door. Just think he could have been relocated to New York! bang

Side Note: I know the feeling. My fishing buddy moved about 5 hours away. He lived just five minutes from my house and we fished just about everyday during the week. We are both retired. We will still have fishing trips lined up in the future but nothing will beat the days when we could fish just about everyday. fish

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: banker-always fishing] #11912656 11/02/16 03:24 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

No Seriously congrats. Lake Waurika will be close to you. Big ole slabs in that lake. Congrats on getting that money!

Bobby Barnett

Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912787 11/02/16 11:23 AM
B
Bruce Bullard Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Way to go. Good luck to Travis on your next chapter in life. Going to miss the great local reports, I hope you do allot a couple hours occasionally to get a hook wet. I've got a fishing partner whose son is considering transferring to Lawton in retail. He needs someone to show him how the THUMP feels. He is a ditch pickle junkie. No offense, I still go both ways. Todd, sorry for your loss, I know only one other person sorry enough to fish with you while Belinda is laboring on her great baits, coincidentally he lives extremely close to Big Creek in Delta county. nuts

Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912811 11/02/16 11:47 AM
red snappa Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Thanks so much for all the kind words! I cannot say enough about the great people that I have met on this forum (and I will still be peeking from time to time), and through Crappie Anglers of Texas! A special thanks goes out to all who enjoyed my posts and gave encouragement and praise to the small accomplishments I achieve when I do get a chance to hit some water!
A very special thanks goes out to Ronnie (Crope1)! When my friend's dad went missing I made a post about it, and as soon as Ronnie read it he called to let me know what can be done and what else he could possibly do to help! He is a truly special person in this world and I am so truly blessed to have met, shared a boat and know this man! Action Jackson, you have a special friend, take care of him for me! I can't leave off Slewfoot (Todd Froebe), because everyone fishing CAT better look out! A very gifted catcherman, great father, husband and outdoorsman. Mr. Ken Gaby, who shares his knowledge openly and his faith. Tommy Ezell and Richard James who are two of the best catchermen out there, very dedicated family men and exceptionally hard workers! I have the highest regard for them and their wanting to teach others and I wish them the best in their business!

Mr. Jerry Leblanc! The absolute finest jig heads to be found! Another great family man and hard worker, putting out great American product! I hope Mad Crappie Jigs makes you a millionaire Jerry!

So, now on to Todd Box! Where to begin. I will forever have a special place in my life for Todd and Belinda. Great people, who actually care about their customers and go to great lengths to make quality American product. As for catching with Todd, over the past two years, I have had some of the best memories of my life out on the water. He brings out the best in me! I know each time we hit the water, that I had better get the jump on him! If you can't get ahead of him, you probably won't catch up! He is like John Elway though, with two minutes left in the game, he is going to make his comeback! This past summer is truly unforgettable and epic. Todd and I had at least four trips where we caught way over a 100 fish for the day! Those days don't come around often and to have that many in one summer......BLESSED!

The scope of my blessings is beyond measure! Most importantly I give praise to my Lord, by which all of this is possible! I do not believe in happenstance. I thank Him for crossing all of our paths!

I like my fishing like a whino likes his wine!
http://thermoclinelures.com
http://advancedtaxidermy.com
Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: banker-always fishing] #11912814 11/02/16 11:50 AM
red snappa Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Super post and super fish. hooked I have always loved reading both yours and Red Snappas Post! You will always be friends for life and the memories of past trips will always be there for the both of you. thumb Oklahoma is right next door. Just think he could have been relocated to New York! bang

Side Note: I know the feeling. My fishing buddy moved about 5 hours away. He lived just five minutes from my house and we fished just about everyday during the week. We are both retired. We will still have fishing trips lined up in the future but nothing will beat the days when we could fish just about everyday. fish

Banker a special thanks personally to you, for your love of fishing, the knowledge you openly share and the encouragement you give everyone on the forum! I love all of your posts, because like me, if it can pull on a line you will catch it! Keep it up, I look forward to your posts!

I like my fishing like a whino likes his wine!
http://thermoclinelures.com
http://advancedtaxidermy.com
Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912898 11/02/16 12:53 PM
stubby77 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Great job todd

Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11912939 11/02/16 01:12 PM
A
Action_Jackson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Nice work fellas...Kongrats on the promotion and let us know how the crappie fishing is up there! Ronnie and I are always down for a road trip thumb

Katchin krappie...doin surgeries(filleting)...and givin hott grease baths until krunchy and golden brown is what it's all about!!!

"STAY ready for the THUMP"!!!!
Re: Saying "Farewell" to Red Snappa [Re: tboxfish] #11913263 11/02/16 04:32 PM
L
larry mays Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
I take this as good news with the job that sure sound great. Snappa, the water will be different but will only take a short for you to be on them. Learn something new everyday and they are all good days. I am sure there will be some slack days that first year.Luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide