You find them by Mapping and fishing.
- Spend days on end finding the bigger fish shallow.
- Use your mapping and fish the back 1/3 of all coves and creeks.
- Then spend days on end following these fish to the second drop learning where every bush and lay down is along that route.
- They will follow that same route to the shallow each day, stopping to ambush on the same bushes along the way until they have feed up; then return to their comfort zone.
- Then spend days driving the creek channels finding where they live and fishing for them.
- Spots with the heaviest cover next to the steepest drop will be where they live.
- Vertical ledges with heavy cover on top is the best.
- Look for the deep water fish to be attached to some of this cover which will make them much more cooperative.
- You can pass over these fish in 20 ft. or more without disturbing them. Any less than that, I like to drift using only the front depth finder when possible. Keep in mind that you have a narrow view of the bottom in 10 ft. of water; so back off and use side imaging when possible to locate your cover and fish.
Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success. www.lakeoviachic.com
- Booking Mexico Trips
Shallow Water Mapping - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic