Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish #11897200 10/24/16 06:33 PM
B
Banker Fisherman Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Hello to all,

I have been in the Sherman/Texoma area for a little over a year now and have fished some of the basic spots like Pecan grove, Herman Baker, as well as from the banks at Texoma. I was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions about ponds in the area that would be good bass fishing? There is a real nice looking pond near the northwest corner of 1417 and 75 that looks to be on the grounds of a corporate building owned by AciTech, just havent gotten around to checking if it can be fished. I have heard about some ponds in Denison that I would like to try, just wanted some input from others. Thanks again for any advice or good spots, look forward to seeing what yall have to say.

[Linked Image]
Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11897676 10/24/16 11:12 PM
B
B_vandy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Pecan creek park off of 1417 and 82 can be good. Full of crappie, catfish and a few good bass. I used to walk over from the apartment and fish it.

[Linked Image]PB 38# May 05 [Linked Image] 33# May 05[Linked Image]38 3/4" x 23 3/8" Aug 11
Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11898236 10/25/16 03:21 AM
B
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
I like the dam at pecan creek, haven't caught any bass there yet, but good to hear that someone has B_vandy

[Linked Image]
Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11898832 10/25/16 04:24 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I'm surprised Loy Lake hasn't been mentioned. I have seen some big catfish, bass and carp pulled from this quiet lake. Lots of grass and Lilly pads during the summer months. Lots of bank access (sometimes overgrown in some areas) and only floaters and paddlers have access. No motor boats. If it was closer to me, I would fish this place more often.

Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: JJ4MEL] #11899388 10/25/16 09:56 PM
B
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Loy lake is actually the pond in Denison that I was referring to. I have not had a chance to fish it yet, but will hopefully get to when I have time. If any one has fished up there and has some good spots, would love to know.

[Linked Image]
Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11901245 10/26/16 07:20 PM
L
LFreeman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Im also from the texoma area and fish all of these ponds/lakes frequently. One that hasn't been mentioned is Waterloo in denison. About 5 miles from loy lake. There is a little bit of everything in that small lake and the hiking/fishing is awesome. I fish HB the most though because it's closest to my house. All of these small lakes/ponds whatever you wanna call them, have plenty of fish in them. Pecan grove idk too much about though.

That pond you talk about by Acitech looks juicy. I've never tried to get in contact with someone to ask for permission though.

I fish early mornings atleast 3-4 times a week so if you ever wanna come along, just holler at me.

I've been google mapping alot lately with ponds and am determined to find a gold mine soon. I had one but can't get access to it at the moment.

Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: LFreeman] #11903638 10/27/16 09:07 PM
B
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Originally Posted By: LFreeman
Im also from the texoma area and fish all of these ponds/lakes frequently. One that hasn't been mentioned is Waterloo in denison. About 5 miles from loy lake. There is a little bit of everything in that small lake and the hiking/fishing is awesome. I fish HB the most though because it's closest to my house. All of these small lakes/ponds whatever you wanna call them, have plenty of fish in them. Pecan grove idk too much about though.

That pond you talk about by Acitech looks juicy. I've never tried to get in contact with someone to ask for permission though.

I fish early mornings atleast 3-4 times a week so if you ever wanna come along, just holler at me.

I've been google mapping alot lately with ponds and am determined to find a gold mine soon. I had one but can't get access to it at the moment.

I will have to go see waterloo in Denison, I have scouted and fished around loy lake a little bit. I am mostly at herman baker as well, I have three spots that are consitent at catching bass.

Pecan Grove has been more consitent on catching crappie and brim, I havent gotten a decent bass out of there yet.

Here is some news about the ActiTech Pond. I talked to a representative at ActiTech and they informed me that they do not own the pond. It belongs to some corportation that will be building an ER center at that corner of 1417 and 75. The name of the development is called Sherman Crossroads and the Harkinson Investment Corp is the business that owns it. I talked to Jeff, the development manager, and he said that he wishes he could allow the pond to be fished, but his insurance just doesnt cover it. So he could not give out permission to fish it. He even said he isnt sure if there are even fish in the pond. He did tell me that the site is going to be a free standing ER center, and that maybe they would allow fishing of the pond.

LFreeman, we should deffinately see about getting together for fishing one morning. I am usually some days during the week, I will let you know when my next one is and we can plan something.

[Linked Image]
Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11905657 10/28/16 09:52 PM
L
LFreeman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Originally Posted By: Banker Fisherman
Originally Posted By: LFreeman

I will have to go see waterloo in Denison, I have scouted and fished around loy lake a little bit. I am mostly at herman baker as well, I have three spots that are consitent at catching bass.

Pecan Grove has been more consitent on catching crappie and brim, I havent gotten a decent bass out of there yet.

Here is some news about the ActiTech Pond. I talked to a representative at ActiTech and they informed me that they do not own the pond. It belongs to some corportation that will be building an ER center at that corner of 1417 and 75. The name of the development is called Sherman Crossroads and the Harkinson Investment Corp is the business that owns it. I talked to Jeff, the development manager, and he said that he wishes he could allow the pond to be fished, but his insurance just doesnt cover it. So he could not give out permission to fish it. He even said he isnt sure if there are even fish in the pond. He did tell me that the site is going to be a free standing ER center, and that maybe they would allow fishing of the pond.

LFreeman, we should deffinately see about getting together for fishing one morning. I am usually some days during the week, I will let you know when my next one is and we can plan something.

Bummer about the acitech pond!

Sounds good, just holler at me. I've got all my poles rigged up for sandbass/hybrids right now getting some fillets for the freezer. Been going to lake lavon alot.

Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: LFreeman] #11906068 10/29/16 02:51 AM
B
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Fishing for Sandies are always fun, and those hybrids can be like fat footballs. It has been a while since I have fished lavon. The in-laws live out at lake fork so that's the lake that I fish most often.

On a side note, I found a killer pond in Frisco off of Preston and wade blvd. caught 8 bass in 30 min on the good ole yellow magic. They acted like they never seen one before.

[Linked Image]
Re: Sherman/Texoma Area ponds to fish [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11906717 10/29/16 06:50 PM
L
LFreeman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Heck yea! I don't make it out that way very often but if I do i'll remember to bring the poles.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide