Print Thread
BELTON is still producing a few #11905877 10/29/16 12:11 AM
L
leanin post Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
got a late start today, but managed a few hours of fishing, found a new pile while moving around and it produced most of the fish today. caught 13 keepers and abt 7 dinks, and one largemouth. I was using minnows and lil fishies in 15 to 23 feet. water temp 74 and looking great.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: leanin post] #11905898 10/29/16 12:24 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Nice fish! Good job. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: leanin post] #11905939 10/29/16 12:51 AM
F
Fooshman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
thumb

[Linked Image]

Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: leanin post] #11906032 10/29/16 02:09 AM
W
Waco Kid Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Nice catch. Those Belton Crappie are really fat and healthy.

Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: Waco Kid] #11906175 10/29/16 05:17 AM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: waco kid
Nice catch. Those Belton Crappie are really fat and healthy.

Them fat bottom girls make this rocky world go round ehhh.. thumb

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: leanin post] #11906611 10/29/16 05:18 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
the 2 guys that eased past me waving like they were in a parade, and marking the spot I was on, make sure and use a drop shot rig when you go fish it, its a jig eater for sure. most fish came off the deep drop side of the pile. fish

Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: leanin post] #11911419 11/01/16 04:54 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Went out yesterday with the intention of seining minnows at the boat ramp. None to be had at the neighborhood ramp, but went to the one in cedar creek and must have gotten at least a 1,000 on the first drag. Small, slender kind of minnow; not sure what kind. Fished just a few minutes with no luck off a stump at the ramp. Headed in as it was already getting dark and I didn't want to drag out the lights. May scout around for some brush piles today.

Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: donothin] #11913088 11/02/16 03:05 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: donothin
Went out yesterday with the intention of seining minnows at the boat ramp. None to be had at the neighborhood ramp, but went to the one in cedar creek and must have gotten at least a 1,000 on the first drag. Small, slender kind of minnow; not sure what kind. Fished just a few minutes with no luck off a stump at the ramp. Headed in as it was already getting dark and I didn't want to drag out the lights. May scout around for some brush piles today.

what size net do you use, (mesh and length) ?

things I can say abt that area of the lake is dont be hesitant to fish deeper than you wound up north.
Pay close attention to the topographical feature of the lake bottom in that area, look at where the channel runs thru the lake and where creek beds intersect with the main leon river channel. most sd cards dont show all of the creeks that run into belton, unless you have a premium chip. Theres also ALOT of underwater culverts and bridges in that area. the bridges and culverts cross the creeks of course. Most of the creeks intersect into the main river channel.. Baitfish and crappie use these underwater creek and river channels like highways. The baitfish go shallow at night and eat at all that algea growing on the rocks. (ever notice how much algea is growing on the rocks on that end on the lake? also larger boulders allow spaces for baitfish to hide. (small rip rap rocks not so good).
Ok back to what I was saying, at night the shad bunch up and move in and out of the channels to feed, I think because they get a sense of safety, being they are slightly deeper and have sides. over time and by instinct, crappie know that the shad do this, and follow them. In the morning crappie come out of the shallow areas and sit at junctions near cover, and digest food and rest.
I do alot of living room navionics map fishing, and can get a good idea of where the fish may be before I even launch my boat.
once you find these high propability areas, you got them by the gonads, they will go deeper or shallower in these same areas as conditions and seasons change, but they dont go too far for long.
I think it was Bill Dance that used to say, that 10 percent of the lake holds 90 percent of the fish, and I think theres ryme and reason to that, although I think its more like 20 percent of the lake holds abt 80 percent of the fish.
just my opinion, and its FREE.. cheers

Last edited by leanin post; 11/02/16 03:18 PM.

Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: leanin post] #11913089 11/02/16 03:07 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
MORE FREEBIES

https://webapp.navionics.com/#@6&key=u%60zgFtianQ

Re: BELTON is still producing a few [Re: leanin post] #11913665 11/02/16 09:17 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Thanks LP for the insight. Hope to get out some in the next several days while the weather is so agreeable.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide