Forums59
Topics1,037,854
Posts13,935,655
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
TFF Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach On Lake Grapevine POSTPONED due to inclement weather #11901374 10/26/16 08:13 PM
buda13 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
The Christmas Charity Tournament is back folks!!

This year we will be helping one of our own that has fallen on difficult times. Many of you here know Darryl, hes a fellow TFF member, fisherman, tournament director, and just an all around good guy. Darryl has been dealing with health issues since June, in and out of the hospital and on and off a feeding tube. During this time he has been unable to work, being forced to sell off belongings, and potentially having to move out of their house to try and make ends meet... and that does not take into consideration the continued cost of medical treatments he faces. The doctors have now determined that Darryl will have to undergo surgery to have the "Whipple Procedure" done on November 14th. Recovery time from that procedure will be approximately 6 months. Now more than even one of our own needs us... We will have many ways to donate available at the event, so even if you don't fish the tournament please come join us at weigh in and help out a fellow fisherman in need. Check back here on the main post often for updates and more details on prizes, food, games, and other fun stuff to enjoy while raising money for a great cause!

The "TFF Christmas Charity Tournament & Canned food drive will be held on Saturday January 7th on Grapevine Lake. Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine will be the official location for on-site registration the morning of the event including the weigh-in festivities in the afternoon starting at 3:00pm!

Open registration and angler check-in will start at 4:30am at Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine. ALL ANGLERS/TEAMS MUST BRING THEIR BOAT TO BASS PRO SHOPS IN GRAPEVINE when registering for live-well inspection by tournament staff.

All anglers/teams will be allowed to launch at the ramp of their choice after check-in. First cast will be at 6:30am and all fishing must stop by 3:00pm. All anglers/teams must then proceed directly to Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine for weigh-in and must be in line at the tanks no later than 4:00pm! PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ALLOW FOR TIME TO TRAILER YOUR BOAT TO BASS PRO SHOPS IN GRAPEVINE FOR WEIGH-IN! THERE WILL BE NO LATE CHECK-IN!

TFF CHRISTMAS CHARITY TOURNAMENT - EVENT DETAILS

WHEN: SATURDAY January 7th

WHERE: GRAPEVINE LAKE

HOST SITE: REGISTRATION & WEIGH-IN WILL BE HELD ON-SITE AT BASS PRO SHOP IN GRAPEVINE

ENTRY: $120 PER BOAT (INCLUDES BIG BASS) + (2) Canned food items(PER ANGLER)

FORMAT: OPEN TEAM/INDIVIDUAL (ANGLERS CHOICE)

PAYBACK: 85% (1 in 5) 15% OF ENTRY FEE PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO DARRYL ROACH AND HIS FAMILY

RULES: TOURNAMENT RULES & INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT http://www.gordonoutdoors.squarespace.com

For more information please contact Scott Gordon, Tournament Director, at 214-801-2611 or by PM here .

A Big Thanks to the following folks for their donations and support!

The Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Champs for donating (2) Free Entries to the 2017 Mega Bass on Fork.

407 BBQ has donated the BBQ for the Event

Talon Lures for donating some prize packs

TTO Tournament trail for letting us use the live release tank

Mark Perry for donating some of his KILLER swimbaits

Scott Gordon for his expertise in organizing and directing the event.

River A Tackle for donating a certificate for a "Sonar Sock"

Donald Harper for donating a prize pack valued at $100

Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes for donating a 1/2 day guide trip on Lake Fork

NAPA Auto & Truck Parts of Wylie for donating a red top Optima Battery

Kev for donating a skinner knife

Fishermans Cove and Hop for donating 2 nights lodging at Fishermans Cove on Lake Fork

Tommy Haggler for donating a Hags Tornado Prize pack

Classic Fiberglass for donating 2 Buff and Polish Certs

We are still actively seeking donations for give a ways, prizes, and awards. Many exciting things to come and many ways to donate!

Last edited by buda13; 01/06/17 08:43 PM.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11901469 10/26/16 08:57 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Darryl is an all around good guy, dang good stick too.. Holy Cow, we had no idea it was this serious. Prayers fo ya brotha and your family.. God bless you in this time of need.. If we can't make it to the event, we'll work something out.

Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11901819 10/26/16 11:49 PM
S
Scott Gordon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Ten years ago Matt Lee and I hosted our first "Christmas Charity Tournament" on Lake Grapevine. That first year we raised needed funds for "Meals on Wheels" of Tarrant County, and collected toys for needy children that holiday season. That charity event was the first of many charity and benefit tournaments I have had the privilege to host over the past ten years. Since that event Matt and I have teamed up each year to host a "Christmas Benefit Tournament" but we were forced to shelve this annual event due to the low lake levels we recently experienced. I am excited to bring this popular tournament back once again!

All of us here on TFF have a deep love for the sport of bass fishing and the outdoors. But I also think you would agree with me that in addition to our love of the sport, it is the benevolent nature of tournament anglers in general, especially those of the "TFF" family. You have demonstrated time and time again your compassion for the well being of our fellow anglers and their families. In essence, we look after and take care of "our own". Over the years we have gathered together in support of "one of our own", and now one of our own has courageously fought a very difficult illness that has tremendously impacted his family financially. I have pledged all of my resources to help raise the very much needed funds for Darryl and his family. Darryl, as most of you are aware has been battling this health issue for several months and is facing another surgery and several months of recovery.

Please join us on Saturday December 3rd for an amazing day of tournament competition, fellowship, good food, friends, and help us make a difference for Darryl and his family. I know without any doubt that Darryl would be one of the first to step up to help any of us out in similar circumstances.

Please keep Darryl and his family in your prayers for a speedy recovery. To my friend Darryl, we love you, and we will continue to help you and your family overcome the challenge you are fighting.

Scott Gordon
Tournament Director
Bass Pro Shops Cabelas Big Bass Tour
scott@bigbasstour.com
214-801-2611
Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11905057 10/28/16 04:47 PM
Darryl Roach Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Man you guys are awesome. My family and I can't thank everyone enough for the outpouring of help. I can assure you we are extremely great full for ever single one of you. Please continue to pray for us, as well as my surgical team and doctors. Again, Thank you to everyone from the bottom of our heart.

Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: Darryl Roach] #11905911 10/29/16 12:32 AM
M
Mrs. Roach Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Originally Posted By: Darryl Roach
Man you guys are awesome. My family and I can't thank everyone enough for the outpouring of help. I can assure you we are extremely great full for ever single one of you. Please continue to pray for us, as well as my surgical team and doctors. Again, Thank you to everyone from the bottom of our heart.

Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11910893 11/01/16 04:49 AM
S
SoCal Tom Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
I will make sure all the members of the RHBC are aware of this and get as many out there as we can. Prayers for Darryl and his family.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11911284 11/01/16 03:41 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
Not to complicate things, but maybe a Kayak/bank fishing option?

CPR tourneys are easy to do and the yakkers run them among themselves all the time.

Would cast a wider net as far as participants. Just a thought. Good thing yall are doing.

Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11913229 11/02/16 04:09 PM
buda13 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Dan,
I have an idea... will PM you shortly and see if we can make it work.

Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11914972 11/03/16 04:31 PM
buda13 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
A big thanks to:

The Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Champs for donating (2) Free Entries to the 2017 Mega Bass on Fork.

407 BBQ has donated the BBQ for the Event

Talon Lures for donating some prize packs

TTO Tournament trail for letting us use the live release tank

Mark Perry for donating some of his KILLER swimbaits

Scott Gordon for his expertise in organizing and directing the event.

River A Tackle for donating a certificate for a "Sonar Sock"

Donald Harper for donating a prize pack valued at $100

Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes for donating a 1/2 day guide trip on Lake Fork

APT will be donating finds collected through their "Round UP Your Purchase" event at weigh in also.

NAPA Auto & Truck Parts of Wylie for donating a red top Optima battery.

Kev for donating a skinner knife

Fishermans Cove and Hop for donating 2 nights lodging at Fishermans Cove on Lake Fork

Tommy Haggler for donating a Hags Tornado Prize Pack

Classic Fiberglass for donating 2 Buff N Polish Certs.

Nekid Tackle for donating a couple of Ron Rigs.

We are still actively seeking donations for give a ways, prizes, and awards. Many exciting things to come and many ways to donate!

Last edited by buda13; 01/17/17 01:53 AM.

Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11915020 11/03/16 04:48 PM
S
Scott Gordon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Great job Matt! Thank you to all of you who have donated for this event !

Scott Gordon
Tournament Director
Bass Pro Shops Cabelas Big Bass Tour
scott@bigbasstour.com
214-801-2611
Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11921255 11/07/16 05:12 PM
buda13 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Happy Monday folks!

Anglers Pro Tackle is doing a "Round up your purchase" event though December 3rd where you can round up your purchases with all proceeds being donated to Darryl Roach. This means if your purchase at APT is $5.02 you can "round up" to $6 even or $10 and the difference is donated directly to Darryl. All donations during this event will also be presented at the weigh in! A big thanks to Rick and the fine folks at APT!!

Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11922283 11/08/16 01:55 AM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
add a skinner knife from kev

2 nights at fishermens cove courtesy of scott

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11923105 11/08/16 04:07 PM
Bandit 200 XP Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Might have to take off work.

Triton 200 XP
200 Yamaha 0X66
Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11923210 11/08/16 05:10 PM
buda13 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Thanks Hop!

Folks the list of prizes to win is growing quickly and will continue to do so as we get closer to event day. Mark your calendars, request PTO, or prepare a great sick day excuse in advance if you work on Saturdays... you wont want to miss this event!

Re: TFF Christmas Charity Tournament Benefiting Darryl Roach December 3rd on Lake Grapevine [Re: buda13] #11926325 11/10/16 12:46 AM
buda13 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

Open registration and angler check-in will start at 4:30am at Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine. ALL ANGLERS/TEAMS MUST BRING THEIR BOAT TO BASS PRO SHOPS IN GRAPEVINE when registering for live-well inspection by tournament staff.

All anglers/teams will be allowed to launch at the ramp of their choice after check-in. First cast will be at 6:30am and all fishing must stop by 3:00pm. All anglers/teams must then proceed directly to Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine for weigh-in and must be in line at the tanks no later than 4:00pm! PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ALLOW FOR TIME TO TRAILER YOUR BOAT TO BASS PRO SHOPS IN GRAPEVINE FOR WEIGH-IN! THERE WILL BE NO LATE CHECK-IN!

TFF CHRISTMAS CHARITY TOURNAMENT - EVENT DETAILS

WHEN: SATURDAY DECEMBER 3RD

WHERE: GRAPEVINE LAKE

HOST SITE: REGISTRATION & WEIGH-IN WILL BE HELD ON-SITE AT BASS PRO SHOP IN GRAPEVINE

ENTRY: $120 PER BOAT (INCLUDES BIG BASS) + (1) UNWRAPPED TOY (PER ANGLER)

FORMAT: OPEN TEAM/INDIVIDUAL (ANGLERS CHOICE)

PAYBACK: 85% (1 in 5) 15% OF ENTRY FEE PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO DARRYL ROACH AND HIS FAMILY

RULES: TOURNAMENT RULES & INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT http://www.gordonoutdoors.squarespace.com

For more information please contact Scott Gordon, Tournament Director, at 214-801-2611 or by PM here on TFF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide