Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp #11891836 10/21/16 02:47 AM
InTheClear Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Are any of you guys using a device for this use at the ramps? If so, what are your good/bad experiences with them? Can I run one wireless for 8-12 hours full view of the truck and trailer?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp [Re: InTheClear] #11892124 10/21/16 12:48 PM
P
PowPowOl'Son Offline
Angler
Angler
P
I used one for 2 weekends then they stole it. roflmao

Re: Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp [Re: InTheClear] #11892165 10/21/16 01:06 PM
M
McKinneyMike Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I sure wish I had one. The SOB that backed his trailer into my front bumper and didn't leave a note really chapped my rear end!

Re: Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp [Re: InTheClear] #11892225 10/21/16 01:32 PM
Cast Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Get a black ops that texts you pics in real time. Mount it it in a bear proof steel case that is screwed to a tree and lock the lid on. It will be there when you return. Don't forget to fetch it when you leave.

If they do approach it you will get pics of them. If they steal it you can text it for its location.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp [Re: InTheClear] #11892408 10/21/16 02:54 PM
Texascajun69 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Are there any particular ramps you are worried about. or is this question just in general.

John K Fontenot
Diapers and Politicians need to be changed often; and for the same reason.
Re: Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp [Re: InTheClear] #11892709 10/21/16 05:20 PM
Basscat Puma FTD Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Look at dash cams, many on the market and many allow two tandem cameras to be attached, usually on front windows another in the back window. They can be wired to be on always and include shock and motion sensors built in. If anyone hits your car it will automatically save a video a few minutes before and after the "triggering event" and will store it on an SD card in the camera. I use one and it works well when storm chasing. I have not implemented a rear camera but may in the future. They can be used to augment your in vehicle security devices and being inside the truck you don't have to worry about them being stolen. Even powered on all the time in they draw minimal current and will not wear down your battery unless left on for weeks at a time. Additionally if you are ever in an accident and you have the impact sensor activated it will automatically save a video a few minutes before during and after the event to your cameras SD card. Nice for insurance.

Last edited by Basscat Puma FTD; 10/25/16 08:57 PM.

Re: Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp [Re: Texascajun69] #11892880 10/21/16 06:56 PM
InTheClear Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Texascajun69
Are there any particular ramps you are worried about. or is this question just in general.

Question is just in general. Seems like more and more is happening around the ramps these days with theft and un-reported collisions. Our equipment these days seem to be getting more and more expensive, sad but, its just how things are! I park along ways from the ramps for this reason. I have been hit before in the parking lot.

Re: Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp [Re: Basscat Puma FTD] #11892882 10/21/16 06:57 PM
InTheClear Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Basscat Puma FTD
Look at dash cams, many on the market and many allow two tandem cameras to be attached, usually on front windows another in the back window. They can be wired to be on always and include shock and motion sensors built in. If any hits your car it will automatically save a video a few minutes before and after the "triggering event" and will store it on an SD card in the camera. I use one and it works well when storm chasing. I have not implemented a rear camera but may in the future. They can be used to augment your invehicle security devices and being inside the truck you don't have to worry about them being stolen. Even powered on all the time in they draw minimal current and will not ear down your battery unless left on for weeks at a time. Additionally if you are ever in an accident and you have the impact sensor activated it will automatically save a video a few minutes before during and after the event to your cameras SD card. Nice for insurance.

Thank you, very informative info sir!

Re: Truck Cameras for protection at the boat ramp [Re: Basscat Puma FTD] #11893031 10/21/16 08:47 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Basscat Puma FTD
Look at dash cams, many on the market and many allow two tandem cameras to be attached, usually on front windows another in the back window. They can be wired to be on always and include shock and motion sensors built in. If any hits your car it will automatically save a video a few minutes before and after the "triggering event" and will store it on an SD card in the camera. I use one and it works well when storm chasing. I have not implemented a rear camera but may in the future. They can be used to augment your invehicle security devices and being inside the truck you don't have to worry about them being stolen. Even powered on all the time in they draw minimal current and will not ear down your battery unless left on for weeks at a time. Additionally if you are ever in an accident and you have the impact sensor activated it will automatically save a video a few minutes before during and after the event to your cameras SD card. Nice for insurance.

Best advice anyone can give you. I've been using a dashcam for little over a month and like the poster above the features are unlimited. Don't get a cheapie though, there are some $15 ones on the market that are worthless. Buy a name brand like Garmin and you will be pleased. I leave mine on all the time, no problem with the battery. Mine has a wide angle lens and covers a large area. Thinking about getting one for the back too. Paid $99 for mine.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide