had to get 2 new cranking batteries at the lake a couple of weeks ago.
during the replacement I blew the 50amp fuse. Not knowing this at the time, I crossed the wires differently to get fire to motor thinking that I had them wired wrong. Doing so, things got really hot in a hurry. I melted the posts off the new batteries and melted the lead that joins the 2 batteries.
yesterday I replaced burnt leads and replaced battery switch and re wired correctly. No power to motor. I noticed 50amp fuse blown. replaced it. Trim worked.....Yes.... turned the key.. boom nothing. Now I the 20 amp trim fuse blows every time I turn the ignition.
Any recommendations out there?
Another question. the 2 new batteries are interstate cranking batteries. we are getting 26 volts to the starter. Do these batteries have too much cranking amps. for outboards.
Thank you in advance
2012 Nautic Star 2200 Sport