Forum Stats
102734 Members
61 Forums
859338 Topics
11273701 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11860075 - 10/02/16 11:15 AM Pot Licker Alert!
Buzzard Breath Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: 32°42.136′N 97°6.772R...
So there I was, hovering over a brush pile yesterday jigging for crappie when some yahoo putts in on a toon. Two city looking dudes with a kid on board and they holler over "Ya mind is we share this brush pile with ya?". Before I can say anything the uglier of the two drops a trolling motor in the water and all three of them get Zebco specials out and start drowning some minnows.

I pulled up the TM and blasted outta there like a bat outta heck...the nerve of some people!

What would you do in this situation?

DON'T LITTER!

#11860099 - 10/02/16 11:31 AM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
SK. Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: N.Houston/Fort Worth
Ya shoulda told'em to get on the boat with ya.....LOL
The pride of figuring out where to catch feesh almost don't exist anymore.....
Gotta enjoy the hunt not just the catch....

#11860116 - 10/02/16 11:38 AM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
lenahorse Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Cash, Texas
Middle of new 2 mile bridge at the high point south side showing lots of fish every time we pass at Tawakoni heading north or south.

www.mtpocketstackle.com

#11860125 - 10/02/16 11:41 AM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Desoto,Tx. Dallas county
I would have stayed and waited to see the outcome.Maybe learn something or at best out fish them. 2cents

Horace aka Fishbonz

#11860126 - 10/02/16 11:42 AM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
GIG'EM AGGIES Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: texas
Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath
So there I was, hovering over a brush pile yesterday jigging for crappie when some yahoo putts in on a toon. Two city looking dudes with a kid on board and they holler over "Ya mind is we share this brush pile with ya?". Before I can say anything the uglier of the two drops a trolling motor in the water and all three of them get Zebco specials out and start drowning some minnows.

I pulled up the TM and blasted outta there like a bat outta heck...the nerve of some people!

What would you do in this situation?

Take a picture of the poachers and the toon and post it on here with captions. Make'm famous.

soap

#11860390 - 10/02/16 03:00 PM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Buzzard Breath Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: 32°42.136′N 97°6.772R...
Don't know if they were poachers - just pot lickers. The skinny one looked pretty shady though.

DON'T LITTER!

#11860401 - 10/02/16 03:16 PM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
C Worthy Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Wylie
I think I would have smiled, Yelled "No Problem" and then trolled over and tied up to the front of the toon and said "Hey, you don't mind if I just tie up right here, do ya?" and before they could say anything, already have my rope out and tying up to the front of the boat and start fishing right beside where they are. If they said anything, just reply "Well, I thought we had an understanding. Where I fish, you can fish and where you fish, I can fish" If that is not the case, then what the heck are you doing on my spot while I'm fishing it.

#11860526 - 10/02/16 04:31 PM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Gamblinman Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Yantis, TX
While it may not neighborly, it's not worth a confrontation in the long run. Let's hope the adults put that child on some fish and let him have at them. We can always go find some more fish.

#11860600 - 10/02/16 05:03 PM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Cast Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
You may have missed an opportunity to pass along some knowledge by example. Plus, they might have been cool. It was rude, but done in ignorance. Thier act not yours.

#11860974 - 10/02/16 08:00 PM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
C Worthy Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Wylie
You guys are a lot more gracious than I would have been. No No, I wouldn't have started cussing em out or yelling or anything, that's just being dumb. AND if that would have been the ONLY brushpile in the lake, then I would have just smiled and said "There's enough brushpile for both of us" BUT the truth is, that is not the only brush pile in the lake and the only reason they pulled up was because they were either too lazy, too inexperienced, or just plain ole too rude to care. I would not have gone for a confrontation but I would have had to say, excuse me, but I was here first. You are more than welcome to this spot when I move on. So before anyone reminds me that I don't own the lake, I already know that, and I also know that there is nothing that I can do to make them move on (since I don't own the lake and all). But just like someone running over your wife or kids to get where they want to be, I can't believe you guys wouldn't at least say "Excuse Me, you just pushed my wife, etc" How are they to learn fishing etiquette if no one lets them know what it is. If they just ignore me or want to get confrontational, then its time for me to move on. I am always as nice to people as that is the way I want to be treated, but rude, inconsiderate folks leave me with a little attitude. Sorry, but just the way I am I guess.

#11861098 - 10/02/16 08:48 PM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Slewfoot Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: E Texas
Ask em for a beer or three and bum some smokes!!! Make it where they wanna leave!! fish

#11861123 - 10/02/16 08:57 PM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Smurfs Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Fort Worth

#11861416 - 10/03/16 06:40 AM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: Buzzard Breath]
kickingback Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: Texas
Sharing is a good trait. It speaks well of people that help others that don't know the basics of fishing around others.
I would have spoke up when he spoke and said "I was here first and the bite is slow and I will be moving all around this brush pile I am fishing and if your boat is in my way I cannot fish it the way i want to. Please leave or I will call the game warden for interfering with another fisherman while fishing." It is the law!!! Read up on it.
You have to teach these people. They may not have known better. Teach and help others learn. Do not mock or belittle them unless you know they are a true idiot and potlicker. I hate people that jump to conclusions. Shows lack of character.

#11861480 - 10/03/16 07:15 AM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: C Worthy]
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Lewisville
Originally Posted By: C Worthy
You guys are a lot more gracious than I would have been. No No, I wouldn't have started cussing em out or yelling or anything, that's just being dumb. AND if that would have been the ONLY brushpile in the lake, then I would have just smiled and said "There's enough brushpile for both of us" BUT the truth is, that is not the only brush pile in the lake and the only reason they pulled up was because they were either too lazy, too inexperienced, or just plain ole too rude to care. I would not have gone for a confrontation but I would have had to say, excuse me, but I was here first. You are more than welcome to this spot when I move on. So before anyone reminds me that I don't own the lake, I already know that, and I also know that there is nothing that I can do to make them move on (since I don't own the lake and all). But just like someone running over your wife or kids to get where they want to be, I can't believe you guys wouldn't at least say "Excuse Me, you just pushed my wife, etc" How are they to learn fishing etiquette if no one lets them know what it is. If they just ignore me or want to get confrontational, then its time for me to move on. I am always as nice to people as that is the way I want to be treated, but rude, inconsiderate folks leave me with a little attitude. Sorry, but just the way I am I guess.

I like this response and feel the same. Maybe they don't know any better and someone needs to educate them to proper etiquette. If they don't understand or refuse to go along with common courtesy, then I drop the hammer on the 150, stir the pile and go fish something else. One way or the other, they may just learn something for the next time.
http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/

#11862489 - 10/03/16 03:32 PM Re: Pot Licker Alert! [Re: BlueNitro]
GIG'EM AGGIES Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: texas
Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
Originally Posted By: C Worthy

I like this response and feel the same. Maybe they don't know any better and someone needs to educate them to proper etiquette. If they don't understand or refuse to go along with common courtesy, then I drop the hammer on the 150, stir the pile and go fish something else. One way or the other, they may just learn something for the next time.

Yep, I like it too but I would still take their picture and post it on here with a caption.

coolphotos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide