Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Review of "fishbreeder's" fishing club #11839212 09/20/16 04:48 PM
Eland Slayer Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Recently, my fiance Kelsey has discovered a love of bass fishing. I've been an avid bass fisherman for most of my life, but currently do not have a boat, and can't justify it at the moment. So, we have been researching different options that would allow us to do more fishing without having to buy/store a boat.

Last week, I got in touch with Brett Rowley (aka "fishbreeder" here on TFF) regarding his club south of Houston near Angleton. Kelsey and I set up a time to go check the place out, and ended up joining. He manages about 120 acres of bass water for the club, across 4 separate lakes. They provide modest 16' aluminum pontoon boats, which serve as EXCELLENT stable platforms for bass fishing.

On Friday, Kelsey got off work early and we headed down for our first afternoon of fishing at the club. We chose to fish the largest of the lakes, which is approximately 63 acres and full of islands, structure, etc... We caught 9 bass in 3 hours ranging from about 1 to 4 lbs.

Then yesterday, I decided to make a morning trip by myself. I fished a different lake, and caught 11 bass in 4 hours....up to around 4.5 lbs (lost one around 6 lbs on a frog after a tail walk/dance half way back to the boat).

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my decision to join Brett's group. The overall health of the lakes is absolutely awesome....forage and bass are everywhere. I know it's just a matter of time before we catch some really big fish.

If you are in the Houston area, and are looking for a place to join where you can relax and catch a bunch of fish....give Brett a call or shoot him a PM. His number is (281) 685-6073. He still has a couple openings left, but there is a cap on the number of memberships.

Re: Review of "fishbreeder's" fishing club [Re: Eland Slayer] #11850871 09/27/16 12:30 AM
S
Space Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I fished there for about 4 years. #1 is not that good, #2 ok but I liked 3 the best. Did not fish #4 that much I just hated humping batteries, seats, & paddle back and forth. It can be real tuff when the wind is blowing. He does have some healthy strong fish. Be sure to stop and talk to farmer Ray and his wife.

Re: Review of "fishbreeder's" fishing club [Re: Space] #11881564 10/15/16 11:35 AM
F
Fishbreeder Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I tried to post to this awhile back then my box broke. Fixed now.

Its a nice place to fish, but its still fishing. They bite real good some days, not at all on others. Plus, my membership to a person are better at fishing than I am.

Lake #1 is tough and the bigger fish in there are very difficult to entice onto a lure. Its been a few years now, but one of the fish stocked in there was a 15.5 pound bass recovered from another water body being drained. For two years I was able to control spawning as all fish stocked were female, but last year some males got in and there are now dinks mixed with the sea monsters. Not an easy lake to fish but several 10-12's have been caught and released.

Lake #2 gets a lot of pressure, the equipment room is there so its easy to go, no schlepping batteries and motors about.

Lake #3 died of an oxygen depletion five years ago, was restocked and came back very strong.

Lake #4 is the one I designed and built from scratch and is currently the fave, even though you gotta deal with that schlepping stuff ab out. That is where the pics are from.

This place is more than just a fish camp to me. It is an outdoor laboratory where I can test my theories about fisheries management in the real world.

PM me now my box is working, I've a few openings right now.

Fishbreeder

Re: Review of "fishbreeder's" fishing club [Re: Eland Slayer] #12080718 02/07/17 01:09 AM
R
roadtrip Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Amazing place. I bet you love what you do.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide