Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
MG Xi5 or MK Ulterra mounting option. #11802259 08/29/16 01:34 PM
BlueNitro Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
If you are looking for a better (in my opinion) way to mount your MotorGuide Xi5 or Minn Kota Ulterra (or Terrova), I would like to offer up the following option for your consideration.

www.liftsavertmmount.com

I see many boats and have talked to a lot of fishermen that have issues with the way these motor-drive steering trolling motors have to be mounted with the overhang. They tend to hit the bow roller when launching or just hang out there when pulling up to the docks. Hopefully, this will save you from the issues and damage that happened to my boat (spider cracks around where it was mounted before), trailer and trolling motor.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: MG Xi5 or MK Ulterra mounting option. [Re: BlueNitro] #11814484 09/06/16 02:57 PM
R
ranger482vs Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Well the last straw on the Terrova was again impaling it into the dock, this time with a repair estimate of $300 to repair it was over.
Time to upgrade contacted Don Boris( Boris Marine) and set the wheels in motion for a new Xi5. Since my boat driving skills had not improved I reviewed the video about the new Lift Saver Mount and decided this was also in my future. With a quick text to the website the wheels were rolling. At 9PM I received a call from Ron Duran not only did he have the unit but he also wanted help with the install. Long story short I can not express enough my appreciation for all the help given by Ron, way beyond what is normally expected. This mount is better than sliced bread simple and functional in design and usage with no more damage to my trolling motor. Again thanks Ron for all your help.

Re: MG Xi5 or MK Ulterra mounting option. [Re: BlueNitro] #11816013 09/07/16 01:07 PM
BlueNitro Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Thank you John for the kind words and I enjoyed working with you and will enjoy our up-coming fishing trips. Here is John's pictures -

That's the Black Powder Painted Option. Looks good!!!

As John mentioned, you can also purchase the LiftSaver at Boris Marine in Fort Worth. Don is a heck of a nice guy and a pleasure to do business with. With I believe 39 years in business, he has the knowledge and parts to take care of all your boating needs.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com

Re: MG Xi5 or MK Ulterra mounting option. [Re: ranger482vs] #11818177 09/08/16 06:22 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: ranger482vs
Well the last straw on the Terrova was again impaling it into the dock, this time with a repair estimate of $300 to repair it was over.
Time to upgrade contacted Don Boris( Boris Marine) and set the wheels in motion for a new Xi5. Since my boat driving skills had not improved I reviewed the video about the new Lift Saver Mount and decided this was also in my future. With a quick text to the website the wheels were rolling. At 9PM I received a call from Ron Duran not only did he have the unit but he also wanted help with the install. Long story short I can not express enough my appreciation for all the help given by Ron, way beyond what is normally expected. This mount is better than sliced bread simple and functional in design and usage with no more damage to my trolling motor. Again thanks Ron for all your help.

Quality product and Great customer service is what you can expect from RD Fabrications.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: MG Xi5 or MK Ulterra mounting option. [Re: BlueNitro] #11818680 09/08/16 11:18 PM
B
Bob Landry Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
My fishing compadre had the same issue with a Riptide on his Crestliner. I cut him a base out of 3/4" Starboard to mount the motor on. The base protruded out about an inch or so and it had the slot for the motor shaft so if it hit the dock, the Starboard took the hit. Maybe not as good as the Lift Saver, but certainly cheaper and it fits the bill for him.

2015 Seaark 1872 MV CC Etec-90
Two Helix 12 CHIRP SI's, , MinnKota Riptide ST80/i-pilot Link, Bob's Hydraulic
2020 Robalo R200 CC, Yamaha 150

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Re: MG Xi5 or MK Ulterra mounting option. [Re: BlueNitro] #11832133 09/16/16 03:45 PM
BlueNitro Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Here is a un-finished LiftSaver on a Champion that turned out nice.

Works great on the Minn Kota Ulterra as well. Here is a 36V on a Black Powder Coated LiftSaver getting ready to go on a Skeeter.

I will get pictures of it in the down and back positions but can tell you it retracts the motor back 6 7/8". Since the MK's are flat (no 'Nose' hanging down), we just remove the back brace and it retracts all the way back.

I appreciate the comment above but wanted to let you guys know that these are all professionally machined out of Aluminum with SS hydraulically pressed studs and SS or zinc plated hardware. The Powder Coated units are also professionally powder coated. This is done so that these units look nice, last a long time and give you years of trouble free service.

www.liftsavertmmount.com

Re: MG Xi5 or MK Ulterra mounting option. [Re: BlueNitro] #11849002 09/26/16 01:25 AM
BlueNitro Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
I updated the video. See it here.

www.liftsavertmmount.com

Re: MG Xi5 or MK Ulterra mounting option. [Re: BlueNitro] #11856420 09/30/16 12:23 AM
B
BigCaseyB206 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
That's my Champion in the pics and I'm very pleased with the Lift Saver mount. Ron even called and gave me tips on operating it - great customer service!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide