Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: A Fall Feeding Frenzy #11811956 09/04/16 05:48 PM
Stripers Inc. Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
The fishing is has been picking up for a great fall bite here on Lake Texoma with the cooler weather we have been having. We are catching a lot of nice sized sandbass and a few nice stripers on most every trip now. I'm glad that we have the sandbass, they have really saved the fishing after our flood we had last year. We seemed to have lost about half of the population of stripers consisting mostly of the box fish in the 15-20 range. The striper have a drive to go back down river and back out to sea but they are normally trapped in the lake. During the flood, they had the opportunity to escape from the lake and over the spill way or out the flood gates. Fortunately, with all of the stripers we lost, we still have a great population of nice sized fish, mostly consisting of fish that are in the 20-25 as well as a lot of smaller fish in the 10 range. In addition, we seem to have had an increase in the population of sandbass which we received with the flood from runoff of lakes up stream in our watershed. The flood also provided the lake with a huge abundance of bait after they spawned in the tree tops last year leaving us with a very fertile body of water. This all should make for some excellent fishing this fall and winter and the years to come should only continue to get better.

The fishing most recently has been predominately good yielding lots of nice sandbass while consistently putting a few nice stripers in the boat as well. We have been having the most success using slabs, bouncing them off of the bottom in 10-20 ft of water. The sandbass, and sometimes the stripers, have been coming up on top in a feeding frenzy which makes for some really exciting fishing. It is rare for the striper to stay on top for very long when you find them like this, we have caught a few nice fish on pencil poppers when we find them. Of course there are always days when the fish do not bite, or they change patterns, or it is just not our day to catch fish, that is just fishing. Any given day you may experience a feeding frenzy or a slow day, but if you enjoy being out on the water as much as I do, it is always good fishing.

Here is a bonus fish!

As the lake continues to cool we will begin to target the larger fish using topwaters. It is a really exciting way to target the big fish and is one of my favorite patterns of the year which normally lasts through the end of October. Then in November, we typically follow around the birds using sassy shad or live bait. If you are wanting to get in on some topwater action this fall, or if you are wanting a Saturday in November, now is the time to book your trip. You can book online at www.stripersinc.com or give me a call at (903)815-1609 and I'll get you set up.

Your Lake Texoma Fishing Guide,
Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com
(903)815-1609

Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com (Book Online!)
(903)815-1609

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: A Fall Feeding Frenzy [Re: Stripers Inc.] #11812796 09/05/16 04:33 AM
L
Ledeez Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Nice read! Nice pics! Thanks for sharing

Teamgetsome$$$
Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: A Fall Feeding Frenzy [Re: Stripers Inc.] #11813111 09/05/16 03:23 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Good to hear the fishing is better at Texoma. I sure miss the good fishing that used to eb at that lake before the floods.

I caught a big gar once over at Burns run. Best fight I ever had on a rod and reel.

The texoma tale is very familiar to those of us who fish Possum Kingdom. Huge numbers of our stripers left for the river once the flood gates were opened. I still catch an occasional keeper, but it super tough in a lake where there's a fog of bait nearly everywhere. Not hard to catch shad, just pitch the net in the creek and it comes up full. The fish that stayed in the lake should grow very fast. I caught a LM bass this week that was about 17 inches that easily weighed three LB's. I've never seen one that thick before.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: A Fall Feeding Frenzy [Re: Stripers Inc.] #11813431 09/05/16 08:14 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Solid post with some solid fish. Good job. cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: A Fall Feeding Frenzy [Re: Stripers Inc.] #11815504 09/07/16 01:46 AM
Stripers Inc. Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Thanks guys.
PKfishing the good ol days are soon to come, if nothing changes, the amount of bait we have is already producing a fantastic fishery which will only improve with each passing month as our abundance of small stripers reach a decent size.

Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com (Book Online!)
(903)815-1609

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide