Forums59
Topics1,040,052
Posts13,974,845
Members144,227
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: Alex Finch] #11803225 08/29/16 09:48 PM
HooksetBrother - Adam Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Alex Finch
Originally Posted By: HooksetBrother - Adam
Pre registration dates

Sept 3rd at Raising Canes Tyler 1-6pm plus you get free Box Combo
Sept 8&9th at tracker boating center of Tyler 1-7pm
Morning of tournament Sept 10th 430am - 6am at tracker boating center of Tyler

Our Mail in registration date has passed so you'll need to come to one of these registration dates and times

Not making an issue of it, but that's not what you posted here:

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...fit_Tour#UNREAD

If you live out of town and would like to register early for the 2016 Operation Comfort Benefit Tournament please message us your email address so we can forward you the Operation Comfort Waiver. All checks must be made out to Operation Comfort and be received by Aug 31st. Please include a small note to include team member names and that this is for the Operation Comfort Benefit Tournament and include the signed waiver.

OperationComfort.org
4900 Broadway Suite 100
San Antonio, Texas 78209

For all others we will have pre registration that's listed on the flyer Sept 8th and 9th Tracker Boating Center Tyler 1-7pm plus a special pre registration the Saturday Sept 3rd soon to be announced ( which comes with a pretty cool incentive you won't want to pass up ) and a possibility of Aug 27th at another location.

I'll make sure we get registered.

The checks and signed waivers have to be received by aug 31st which is Wednesday and feel the time has passed to have proper time for the mail system to get them in time for the cut off date. We will be at tracker boating center of Tyler which is 5 mins from the lake the morning of the tournament 430am - 6am giving plenty of time for out of Towners to come quickly pay and register and head to lake before first cast on your spot at 630 am to trailer to whatever ramp they choose and get to their spot before first cast time plus our other pre registration dates and times were offering.

Sorry for the inconvenience but we posted this posting weeks ago and have kept the postings fresh with updates and prizes to make sure plenty of people have the opportunity to see the prizes and pre registration opportunities.

Look forward to seeing yall

Last edited by HooksetBrother - Adam; 08/29/16 09:50 PM.

Hookset Brothers Combat Recovery non profit organization
Empowering Veterans with combat related PTSD by providing them Hunting and Fishing recovery trips
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11803480 08/30/16 12:36 AM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Originally Posted By: Alex Finch
Pre registration dates

Sept 3rd at Raising Canes Tyler 1-6pm plus you get free Box Combo
Sept 8&9th at tracker boating center of Tyler 1-7pm
Morning of tournament Sept 10th 430am - 6am at tracker boating center of Tyler

Our Mail in registration date has passed so you'll need to come to one of these registration dates and times

Not making an issue of it, but that's not what you posted here:

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...fit_Tour#UNREAD

If you live out of town and would like to register early for the 2016 Operation Comfort Benefit Tournament please message us your email address so we can forward you the Operation Comfort Waiver. All checks must be made out to Operation Comfort and be received by Aug 31st. Please include a small note to include team member names and that this is for the Operation Comfort Benefit Tournament and include the signed waiver.

OperationComfort.org
4900 Broadway Suite 100
San Antonio, Texas 78209

For all others we will have pre registration that's listed on the flyer Sept 8th and 9th Tracker Boating Center Tyler 1-7pm plus a special pre registration the Saturday Sept 3rd soon to be announced ( which comes with a pretty cool incentive you won't want to pass up ) and a possibility of Aug 27th at another location.

I'll make sure we get registered.

The checks and signed waivers have to be received by aug 31st which is Wednesday and feel the time has passed to have proper time for the mail system to get them in time for the cut off date. We will be at tracker boating center of Tyler which is 5 mins from the lake the morning of the tournament 430am - 6am giving plenty of time for out of Towners to come quickly pay and register and head to lake before first cast on your spot at 630 am to trailer to whatever ramp they choose and get to their spot before first cast time plus our other pre registration dates and times were offering.

Sorry for the inconvenience but we posted this posting weeks ago and have kept the postings fresh with updates and prizes to make sure plenty of people have the opportunity to see the prizes and pre registration opportunities.

Look forward to seeing yall

Thanks for checking on shipping times for me and saving me the hassle. Like I said, I'm not making an issue out of it.

Honestly didn't know if I'd be able to make it this year. I was fortunate to have someone, who has done a lot to help veterans including the HB, offer to let me fish with him when he first heard about this great cause. I'm coaching tee ball this fall and our schedules were released on Friday. Now that we have our schedules, I'm glad that I will have an opportunity to drive down to Lake Palestine to support this great cause that is focused on helping veterans get on the water. See you guys there.

Online Orders: www.finchnastybaitco.com
E-mail Orders: finchnastybaitco@gmail.com

Finch Nasty Bait Co. is now an Authorized Retailer of Keitech Fat Swing Impact swimbaits! We offer select sizes and colors that match our line of Thumpers (bladed swim jigs) and universal swim jigs.
Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11803497 08/30/16 12:47 AM
getbent956 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I was wanting to help veterans out as well once I get my boat and can catch fish consistently. My target lake will be Falcon. If you need anyone to help out of Laredo, Tx. please send me info. A bunch of people I work with are prior veterans and I was just going to take them, but would like to take other people when I can.

Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11803730 08/30/16 02:47 AM
N
Neches Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Pretty slick way to advertise the tournament in the Bass forum again.

Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: Neches] #11803773 08/30/16 03:16 AM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Neches
Pretty slick way to advertise the tournament in the Bass forum again.

Lol man come on its a dang veteran run benefit tournament.

Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: Neches] #11803823 08/30/16 03:55 AM
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
No I'm actually stuck and was needing ideas. Have some funds to spend on Prizes for our tourney and wanted to see what was most sought after in the eyes of other Anglers to keep Anglers excited and help the turnout. Not just what I would personally want and it's 2 weeks from now and needing to make decisions fast in time for shipping timeframes and what not. But I could see how it would look from the outside looking in. But myself and my team organize this and run this tourney to no profit or gain all funds raised goes to Operation Comfort and we have no business or fishing ties to them. It's strictly us giving back to them for their support while we recovered from our own Wounds sustained in Wars. Fishing is our own Recovery Process and thought there was an opportunity to get the fishing industry involved in showing our men and women how much respect and appreciation to them for their sacrifices by supporting such events that ultimately benefit them.

Last edited by HooksetBrother - Adam; 08/30/16 01:00 PM.

Empowering Veterans with combat related PTSD by providing them Hunting and Fishing recovery trips
Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11803946 08/30/16 11:26 AM
N
Neches Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
OK then, Good ole cash is hard to beat, or a gift certificate to Academy for a gun. But not a POS gun

Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11804053 08/30/16 12:58 PM
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I was considering a gun as our one raffle item that being hunting season soon. But know nothing about hunting rifles or shotguns and what's sought after to be able to raise more funds for this organization just in case turnout is not so great. But there's also the fact that we can't just hand over a gun to someone without proper clearance. So not sure how you handle that.

The rest of the items are Prizes and Door Prizes to be given away that finish outside of our payouts places. So I'll break it down more.

Items $50 below for door prizes
Items $150 below for Prizes

One item to raffle $600-300 that would generate good interest.

Thank you for your input it's been a great help

Last edited by HooksetBrother - Adam; 08/30/16 12:59 PM.

Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11804122 08/30/16 01:31 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
We raffled off a Yeti cooler and did real well last year. Something folks want but most don't want to pay $3-400 for one. Plus there's enough retailers for them somebody can get you a discount on one. How many boats are you expecting? Gonna be in a tourney that day on Palestine myself. Good luck to ya'll!

Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11804236 08/30/16 02:33 PM
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
We've already paired 28 Soldiers in a volunteer boat but it's a Open Team Format for anyone to fish. From texts to messages to phone calls and people we know 60plus

Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11804506 08/30/16 05:06 PM
Raul Perez Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Hey Adam i might be to late to donate to the cause, but let me know what you think of raffling or giving away a free two night stay at MY Place BASSMANS LODGING at Falcon Lake!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

http://falconlakelodging.wix.com/zapata

This Veteran Is Medicated For Your Protection!!!!!
Re: What kind of Prizes do FISHERMEN want to win at tournaments [Re: HooksetBrother - Adam] #11804809 08/30/16 07:52 PM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Adam
Let me know if you have any vets that need a ride. I have an open seat for any of your guys that need to be linked with a boater.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide