facebook
Forum Stats
102701 Members
61 Forums
858683 Topics
11264394 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#11777011 - 08/14/16 07:29 PM San Luis Pass Kayak Fishing Report - Fall Flounder
San Luis Pass Kayak Offline
Green Horn

Greetings Fishermen,

This is my first time to post on Texas Fishing Forum and I am excited to give you a weekly fishing report from the San Luis Pass area near Galveston, Texas.

I have extensive experience kayak fishing for Trout, Redfish and Flounder in Galveston and surrounding waters year round using both live bait and artificial lures. I am certified by the ACA and Texas Parks and Wildlife as a licensed coastal waters kayak fishing guide and love getting out on the water with family and friends.

For this week's report, I would like to tell you about recent Flounder fishing in the San Luis Pass area and what to expect for the later part of August and early September. The best flounder fishing of the year is about a two to three week window in November when larger numbers of Flounder are pushing toward the Gulf to migrate. The second best time is when the fall migration begins - actually, before fall. The first stage of Flounder migration takes place in late August and early September and fishing at the Pass over the last few weeks is evidence this year will follow closely along.

I caught these beauties at the end of the morning incoming tide in about eight to ten feet of water about a quarter mile from shore fishing a deep gut using Gulp Manta Shrimp on an eight ounce head. The bite was aggressive and thankfully my fishing partner helped me land all four fish. When you are fishing deep waters it's always helpful to have a man/woman on the net. Guide Profile - San Luis Pass Kayak and Pass Fall Flounder

San Luis Pass Kayak is a kayak fishing and sight-seeing tour outfitter serving the Texas Gulf Coast. We offer scheduled and custom guided kayak tours, fishing expeditions and instruction. Home waters include Galveston Bay, Christmas Bay and Matagorda Bay areas. Fishing for Trout, Redfish and Flounder year round is our guide team’s main area of specialization using both live bait and artificial lures. Our fishing expeditions are designed to teach you something new about the sport of saltwater kayak fishing and your surroundings while out on the water. You will learn the basic tactics of how to catch fish including, boat handling, safety, how to read open water, lure selection, bait rigging tips and much more.

To book a fishing kayak charter you can reach me on my cell at 713-391-7155 or contact me by e-mail at sanluispasskayak@gmail.com. You can also visit our website at www.sanluispasskayak.com. We are family friendly!

Tight Lines!

Steve Buechner
San Luis Pass Kayak

#11777986 - 08/15/16 10:14 AM Re: San Luis Pass Kayak Fishing Report - Fall Flounder [Re: San Luis Pass Kayak]
TroutSupport.com Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Entire Gulf and Atlantic Coast...
Nice work Steve.

Most don't realize that it's starting already. A lot of fish still back in the marsh and I bet those guys you caught are resident pass fish don't you think?

Speckled Trout/Redfish Instruction & DVD's - FREE Preview

Like us on Facebook

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide