Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: TM487VS] #11779193 08/16/16 02:23 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
crime like this is everywhere . Camera's work , especially if you can set them up with your smartphones . You can be at work and still see everything going on remotely .
Secondly , the only thing that really stops these idiots are CONSEQUENCES !!!! Our government has completely failed law abiding citizens when it comes to criminals and the consequences they pay .
My dad had the best idea , buy a good sized island , put all criminals on it and let them govern themselves . Surround the island with the Navy and Marine's , anybody trying to leave is immediately shot . Nit only would criminals think twice about the crimes they are committing , they probably have no real chance to get to civil society .
I HATE , liars , thiefs and cheaters ---- Hillary wants to be their leader http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/images/icons/default/thumbs_down.gif

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: TM487VS] #11782594 08/17/16 08:47 PM
F
Fishman_DAN Offline
Angler
Angler
F
I Installed point to point WIFI and cloud based, motion sensing, wifi, infrared cameras for 2 people in the Penson area this week due to this. Remote monitoring capabilities from smart phone, with alerts. Pretty cool deal. I am in the telecommunications field, specifically wireless internet and phone. This was a learning project, but it seems to work exceptionally well and cost effective considering the value of the equipment most people keep at their boat house!!

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: Kay Dyson] #11782693 08/17/16 09:52 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Originally Posted By: Neches
Fork is not the only lake with thieves, 9 boat houses were hit on Palestine last week, they stole big screen TV's, stereo systems, and stuff from the boats. Its everywhere now a days.

Here it is, I believe they're still looking for one of the guys..

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/loc...HukseI.facebook

Looks like a fine, upstanding citizen.

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: Fishman_DAN] #11782738 08/17/16 10:18 PM
D
DKennimer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Fishman_DAN
I Installed point to point WIFI and cloud based, motion sensing, wifi, infrared cameras for 2 people in the Penson area this week due to this. Remote monitoring capabilities from smart phone, with alerts. Pretty cool deal. I am in the telecommunications field, specifically wireless internet and phone. This was a learning project, but it seems to work exceptionally well and cost effective considering the value of the equipment most people keep at their boat house!!

Hopefully more people install this type of deal to stop this sh*t!! I night fish a lot and always keep an eye out for these low-life's.

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: fouzman] #11782836 08/17/16 11:07 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Back a few years ago, then Wood County Sheriff Brown reached out to the fishing public asking for help. The Sheriff wanted to have a few deputies trained by the GW's to help out patrolling lake Fork. They needed training and boats. I donated $500 to Wood County for this effort, but mostly all I heard on here was bitching about older boats never being used by previous Sheriffs, "my tax dollars already cover that", etc. How many of you donated to that effort?

So before folks get on here bitching about the local LEOs, perhaps we should try and find a way to help fight crime around the lake rather than run our heads about what SHOULD be done by the local authorities.

Man....you sure are the defender of all law enforcement. These guys (like any other profession) are not perfect. They make mistakes, some are completely unqualified for their job, some are checked out and don't care, some are criminals themselves. Oh and guess what, some are incredible people that work their [censored] off and do an amazing job.

However, to lump them all into the same bucket, implying that they are just underfunded, need more help, need free boats....is simply out of touch with reality.

The point that many people on here are trying to make is that areas like Lake Fork seem to have a disproportionate amount of crime when you consider the population and the reason 90% of the people are even out there (weekenders, fishing, retired). We aren't hearing the stories about thieves getting caught, cars getting pulled over full of stolen gear, pawn shops getting shut down for being trading posts for meth heads, etc.

The night I got pulled over by officer dolittle, two vehicles had just passed me (100% drove by him) with one missing headlight on each beat up old truck. He ignored those trucks (beat up old truck, headlight out) and pulled over a brand new luxury sedan. All three vehicles were breaking minor traffic laws. Ask yourself though, which was most likely to have stolen property?

I would love to see them bring some city cops to patrol those areas out there and get rid of the homegrown boys that grew up with the criminals and refuse to hold them (and their offspring) accountable.

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: TM487VS] #11783418 08/18/16 03:14 AM
F
Fishman_DAN Offline
Angler
Angler
F
^^agreed

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: captain-kilroy] #11783549 08/18/16 06:19 AM
R
Robert Hunter Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted By: captain-kilroy
My problem is everytime someone gets busted for dope. they always say well we are going after the big fish. Well my opinion is as long as the demands is their someone will supply. Get rid of the demand by being tougher and the supply will die off.
100%right somewhat make it all legal and penny a gram at Walmart and MOST problem solved. No more violence in Mexico and trouble here is reduced big time. We could put money saved in bust units into a voluntary rehab for the good people that fell into a bad thing. Even then gov is saving a ton helping folks to get out(if they want help if not heck with them)and no need to steal just my .02. Because you will never eliminate a cartel supply. I am though pretty sure if they didn't need money it was so cheap they wouldn't steal and guessing 90% of burglary is a person in need of drugs. On a side note though hide your belongings take electronics off and don't show anything of value and your rig should be fine.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/bsQJFvLj/
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide