Wind has been blowing through the night so decided to have the crew arrive around 10 and hope the seas would be settled down. We headed out to swells in the 3' range with no white caps so boat ride was slow but comfortable. The crew wanted fish for the table so I headed a different direction this trip looking for snapper, kings and Ling. Hit several platforms after running about an hour away from the jettys. Started out slow bottom dropping squid for snapper with only small snapper. Kept moving platform to platform picking up mainly small snapper but putting a few keepers in the boat. We were nearly 2 hours away at the time we found a platform with a good number of snapper on it and managed to finish out our limit of snapper. Time to head back and hit a few shrimp boats on the way back looking for Ling. Chummed the shrimp boat to see if Ling were around and saw some fish feeding deep so we tossed out a perch on mono. Cut off instantly. Rigged up wire and put two perch back out and hook up in short order to two nice kingfish. Tried the same thing again but no takers as a pod of dolphins moved in. Headed home to smooth seas and another great day of fishing. I haven't been able to find out where all the Ling have gone but the migration is getting closer so I anticipate them showing back up soon.

Patriot Guide Service Port O Connor, tx
210-414-4843
Patriotguideservice.com