It has been awhile sine I posted here on the TFF, but I am back and will be providing updates on the fishing here on Falcon Lake.

July 31, 2016

Falcon Lake is 269.43--36.5% full

This is our recent lake level on Falcon. As you can see we are continuing to drop, however, we still have ALOT of water to fish. So, dont let our lake level keep you from wanting to fish right now.

The fishing continues to be good with large numbers of fish being caught. You will go through quite a few plastics while fishing. These ole Falcon fish are quite mean once they are hooked. Even the small fish are very aggressive. So aggressive that if you loose a small fish, you think youve lost a decent or big fish.

I consider the bite to still be delicate and hard to detect. The bass simply are either holding on to the bait and waiting to see what your bait does next or they may start swimming with your bait, but if you are not paying attention, you wont notice them swimming off and you will miss these bites.

If your looking for a guide that has 30 years experience here on Falcon, give me a call to set up a trip. Not only will you experience fishing a great lake, but you will also be able to find out the history that actually lies in our Falcon water.

Last edited by Captain Robert McFarlane; 07/31/16 06:04 PM.

Capt. Robert McFarlane
Double "R" Guide Service
www.doublerguideservice.net
www.falconlakebassguide.net
956-857-7314