Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... #11714708 07/10/16 12:31 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
You really have to look hard, burn a bunch of gas and be a bit more patient than we're used too being. We fished everyday last week except Monday when we had a rainout! Who would have thought we'd get a four inch rain on July 4th but we did! confused We had a box full or limits each outing on the White Bass but were making long trips up the Creeks to fish Points, Ridges, Drop Offs and Humps in ten feet to 15 feet of water. Any fish caught in more than twenty feet of water were suspended and normally hard to get to bite. The WIND did make it difficult till Friday when it decreased from 25 MPH to 15 MPH! Tie a Jig Teaser above your Slab as the majority of fish we're catching are coming on the smaller bait.

The Hybrid bite is just not happening for us, but again we were unable to fish the Main Lake most days. When the "Live Bait" Guides can't consistently catch them, we normally don't even try. We're telling Customers who insist on trying for a BIG FISH to consider Cedar Creek or Tawakoni. It's just not happening right now on RC!

We have July Weekday openings and even one boat still open on Saturday July 16 and 30. Give us a call and Let's Go Fishin' ! We specialize in 'FAMILY FISHING FUN'!

Few pics from last week:

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
Gone Fishin' Guide Service
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11715293 07/10/16 07:35 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Nice haul. Good job. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11717875 07/12/16 02:53 AM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I've been fishing RC consistently since 2002. This year is by far the worst hybrid fishing I can remember. Even the years after we missed a stocking were not this bad. The big hybrids simply decided they were better off in the Trinity. Hopefully all those under hybrids we were catching and releasing this spring didn't make the same decision. Maybe next year will be better.

At least the white bass fishing seems to be way better than previous years. Maybe we will actually have a fall bite, unlike the previous 3 or 4 years.

Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #11719166 07/12/16 08:50 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Unable to get on the Main Lake areas after around 8AM the past two days due to a bit of WIND, but had a couple of reports of Keeper Hybrids being caught by the Live Bait fishermen off the Flats in deeper water(35' FOW). Maybe just maybe some are showing up! grin We had Top Water action both mornings and put together a nice box of fish before they went down. Fished the protected South Shoreline in less than 15' FOW with RSR Slabs ( www.rsrlures.com )and Jig Teaser to finish off the mornings.

All booked this week but have Weekday openings next week if anyone interested in catching Whites (and if Wind allows) hitting the Main Lake Humps for Hybrids!

Pics from Monday & Tuesday:

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11725141 07/15/16 11:51 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Still catching lots of Sandies and the wind layed enough Yesterday and Today to try a few Main Lake Humps for Hybrids. No luck on the Hybrids as we managed two 17" fish both mornings and no Keepers. Did confirm with one of my Live Bait Guide Friends that he had limited (10 fish this AM)on Hybrids off the Flats in 45'FOW and fish suspended at 25'. These fish would not eat a Slab and weren't real crazy about his Shad as his 10 Keepers was all he caught.

Our Top Water bite disappeared the past two days and all our fish came on 1oz. RSR Silver & Chartruse Slabs. ( www.rsrlures.com ) Most in 20'FOW or less on Points and Humps. Did see a couple of Trollers catching some Sandies in Deeper Water.

If your fishing RC this weekend, be prepared to burn some gas as the fish are not in the same place from day to day and on the move when you do find them. I wouldn't waste too much time on the normal locations (Pelican Island, Flats, Windsock, etc. as the fish just haven't been there in the past few weeks.

Good Luck and if anyone is interested we have one boat open Tuesday thru Friday next week. Check us out at www.gonefishin.biz .

Couple of pics from the last couple of days:

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11727053 07/17/16 10:59 AM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
We always look forward to Sunday as we take a day off, attend Church, be with the Family and get rejuvenated! I was fortunate to fish everyday last week and Adam was out four days. We both had easy trips Saturday as a Dad/Son combo was on board each boat. We made our way up the Richland Creek hitting Points and Humps in 15' FOW and had our limits of Whites in a couple of hours. We looked a bit for Hybrids but the 17" and under fish is all that was interested. The bigger Hybrids are bring caught on live bait in deeper water, suspended and according to my Guide Friends are tough to get to bite. We have a few July Weekday openings and even have a boat open on Saturday, July 30th if anyone wants to fish. Here's the folks from yesterday:

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11737369 07/23/16 01:31 AM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
It's been another good week on RC as I've fished everyday and Adam has managed to get in three trips. We're not experiencing the same bite (Top Water one day and then almost every other day on Slabs)and certainly not in the same locations, but if you fish RC enough you narrow the spots you expect to find them. During the course of the week we've caught fish on Points in less than 10' FOW, on Pelican Island in 32' FOW and Humps in 20' FOW. We've also burned some serious gas on several days making long trips up the Creeks. Most days our customers have gone home with limits or a box full of fish. We even slipped in a little Catfishing one day, but our primary focus has been the Sandies! thumb

We have August openings we'd love to fill with some Kiddos and their Folks before School starts! banana

Here's a few pics from this week!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11737426 07/23/16 02:11 AM
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Nice fish. Good job! thumb

Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11737570 07/23/16 03:51 AM
CHAMPION FISH Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Very nice Royce and Adam.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11739932 07/24/16 11:11 PM
T
The_ProFISHional Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Nice!!!!

Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: The_ProFISHional] #11745514 07/27/16 10:33 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
This week has started off GOOD as all three days were pretty easy getting a box full of fish. Fish are in 10'-20' FOW and some big schools are starting to show up! They haven't been quite as quick to disappear and two of the three mornings we had our limit of Whites in a couple of hours. Also did some Catfishing on Tuesday and put some nice "Eaters' in the box.

We have openings next Week on Tuesday through Friday with one boat open August 2-5. Give us a call and Let's Go Fishin'!

Pics from Monday thru Wednesday:

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11745546 07/27/16 10:50 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
The fishing has greatly improved since both Bardwell and Navarro Mills closed their gates. We even put some nice keeper hybrids in the boat last week!

Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #11751144 07/31/16 12:52 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler

I once again learned a "Lesson In Patience" on Saturday as Adam schooled me in what it means to Be Patient, Never Leave Fish That Are Biting, and Be Confident In Your Instincts!!! thumb

He sat on a Point that had fish moving thru periodically all AM long, but never had any LARGE Schools you would find on your Electronics. I chose to hit multiple spots, burn a lot of gas and look for the Mother Lode! hammer

Result was that he and his 5 Customers ( 4 of which were 14 and under) put it on a Group of experienced Senior Citizens (myself included). We had a decent box of fish but there's was much more impressive! All fish caught on 1oz. RSR Slabs (www.rsrlures.com ) with a Jig Teaser in water less than 15' deep!

Due to a cancel, we have one boat open on Saturday, August 6th. Also, lots of Weekdays open starting the week of August 8th. Give us a call and Let's Go Fishin'!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11753119 08/01/16 05:03 PM
W
Windbreaker Offline
Angler
Angler
W
I appreciate the post Royce and Adam....you guys help me more then you know!

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Still Producing But.... [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11753147 08/01/16 05:18 PM
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Nice haul! Good job. thumb

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide