Print Thread
Sunday on Lavon #11716346 07/11/16 01:50 PM
A
Anchorman Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
I got the pontoon out and took my two boys (9 & 11) and my buddy and his son (10) to Lavon yesterday. We got on the water around 12:30. I have never seen many parts of the lake so the plan was to explore the lake and if we found any fish we would stop and see what we could do. We marked fish pretty much everywhere we went but had a hard time getting anything to bite. The boys were more interested in swimming so we stopped several times to let them swim and went to two beach areas so they could stretch their legs.

We were mainly crappie fishing but with no luck we decided to target sand bass and hopefully get the boys on a school. Went to hybrid point and only caught one. Went to the dam and couldn't get bit. Even tried trolling a pass with no takers. I hung around the dam expecting the surface activity to pick up but it didn't. And since there were so many wave boats we decided to take it in. We headed back towards Mallard Park and on the way stopped to help a lady on a Sea Do who was broke down. We pulled her to the north ramp at Lavonia where her family was waiting with the trailer. As we were passing her off I looked up and the sand bass were surfacing near us. Finally! I guess helping the lady paid off for us.

So we are about 75 yards off the bank about 5 minutes into this school. Everyone but me is fishing off the side of the boat facing the bank. Every rod either has a fish on it or I'm taking one off the hook for them. We are catching as fast as we could get them off the hook and line back in the water. Here comes this boat. It has two guys and a girl in it. They come wide open and make the decision to drive the boat between us and the bank! There is an entire lake behind us and we are almost casting distance to the bank! I waved as to stop them and they shut it down. I hollered to go around us that we are fishing. They kept coming through. I then hollered, Come on people there is an entire lake behind us!". The girl hollered back, "well go somewhere else and fish!" Then one of the guys in the boat flipped us off with both hands and kept them up as they drove between us and the bank, through the school of fish, not 50 yards from us. They went all the way through flipping us off! A boat with 3 young children in it! We kept fishing for a few minutes but our fish were now scattered. After a couple of minutes the boat turned and came back by us now the girl in the boat is giving us the double bird as they drove by. We were so disgusted!

We had a great day on the lake with the boys. We had fun. We fished and swam, and boated, and got to know Lady Lavon a little better. We finally found fish at the end of the day and were having so much fun. And then I'm reminded why I hate city lakes so much.

If it ain't yours don't mess with it!
Need a friendly place to talk hunting? www.talkhunting.com

Re: Sunday on Lavon [Re: Anchorman] #11716366 07/11/16 02:02 PM
B
Beer Money Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
One of these days, they will do stuff like that and someone will meet them back at the ramp and show them that they aren't as tough as they think they are.
Glad you got on some fish, though.

Re: Sunday on Lavon [Re: Beer Money] #11716665 07/11/16 04:05 PM
A
Anchorman Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Beer Money
One of these days, they will do stuff like that and someone will meet them back at the ramp and show them that they aren't as tough as they think they are.

I hear ya. I just couldn't believe it. My boys were shocked. I took the "opportunity" to teach them lake etiquette and pointed out to them they should ALWAYS consider other people and give them space on the lake. Especially boats fishing. And we spent a lot of time on the behavior of those pitiful people. My boys live in a Christian country home and don't see people acting that way often.

Re: Sunday on Lavon [Re: Anchorman] #11716693 07/11/16 04:17 PM
Cast Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I hope you got pics and the boat ID. Turn them in to the sheriff.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Sunday on Lavon [Re: Beer Money] #11716885 07/11/16 05:44 PM
S
Stump jumper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Beer Money
I chased an idiot down on Hubbard once. Gave him and his passengers a nice rooster tail shower. They came back over to where we were fishing and this little sawed off punk starts talking about going to shore. Me and my buddy stood up and he decided to sit down and leave.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Sunday on Lavon [Re: Anchorman] #11717243 07/11/16 08:47 PM
B
bogey♂ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Josh Ross 214) 471-2846

This is one of the game wardens on Lavon. Keep his # on your phone and he'll come help out.

It angers me when stuff like this happens. I have a 9 y/o so I understand.

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
you know, nothing wrong with seven men who met on the internet going for a swim together
Re: Sunday on Lavon [Re: bogey♂] #11717995 07/12/16 04:05 AM
A
Anchorman Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: bogey
Josh Ross 214) 471-2846

This is one of the game wardens on Lavon. Keep his # on your phone and he'll come help out.

It angers me when stuff like this happens. I have a 9 y/o so I understand.

Thanks Bogey. I got it saved now

Re: Sunday on Lavon [Re: Anchorman] #11719361 07/12/16 11:11 PM
B
BigDave1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I can tell you Josh is a stickler for safety on the water. Next time take a phone camera and get pics of the sign language, closeness to your boat and such while you have him on speed dial. Stuff like that leads to other trouble and the wardens want to know about it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide