Forums59
Topics1,038,945
Posts13,956,128
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: TeamHillbilly] #11688617 06/25/16 09:43 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TeamHillbilly
Originally Posted By: hawghoover
FORK hands down!

Rayburn producers a few but not like Fork,
Sad to say because I live on Big Sam Rayburn.

I would take Big Sam or T.Bend over Fork any day. Fork has seen it's best days. No hydrilla, creeks are silted in, too many tournaments and now inundated with sandies. Plus SR and TB are much prettier lakes. My 2 cents.
breakdance

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: BASS101] #11688619 06/25/16 09:45 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: BASS101
Toledo Bend!

Yes, this one. bouncy

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: MUHerd] #11688633 06/25/16 09:57 PM
TXHAWGDOG Offline
Angler
Angler
I am a Lake Fork guy but I guided down on Lake Falcon and I have seen more pigs pulled out of Falcon than Fork. Esp these days Falcon is on FIRE!!!

Wes Graham
Professional Bass Guide Lake Fork
Booking Agent/Professional Hunting Guide
Illinois Trophy Bowhunters
https://m.facebook.com/Wes-Graham-Professional-Guide-Service-335994190083901/
903-394-9982
Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11688637 06/25/16 09:58 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
My PB is a 14.19 caught labor day 1993.
welcome

I hope one day you catch a big fish Aggie..

Jeez.. That is a MULE!!!

I was all by myself Ken when I caught her. This was the week before McDonalds tournament and I didn't want to put her back until after the tournament. Took her immediately to Lunker Lodge (still there but a different name) where they had a certified scale. They put her in a minnow vat to watch her until TP&W could get there. While we waited I noticed something sticking out her mouth. A guide who was watching her with me pulled a crappie from her mouth that was only half eaten. The crappie weighed almost half pound. She had just eaten and still wanted my jig. TP&W said if I had caught her in Feb. she probably would have weighed another 2 pounds. Lunker Lodge wanted to keep her in their aquarium which was fine for me. Tragically she jumped out of the aquarium one night and died. She is now living at home with me now beautiful as ever. Hope I didn't bore you with my story, got millions of'em, lol.
bannana2

I am pretty sure I remember when that happened. Was Scott Wishart the owner at Lunker Lodge then?

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: Ken A.] #11688649 06/25/16 10:09 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
welcome

Jeez.. That is a MULE!!!

Not sure Ken, remember this was 1993. I should know as often as I stayed and ate there plus he called me at home a lot. A lot of folks I know but not their name. I do remember the guides name was Brian Duplechain ( probably misspell). I was friends with most of the guides back then but only fished with one, name was Dreabon Joiner. Taught me how to fish a jig and pattern fish. I have to credit him with being able to locate and catch all the big bass I've caught. I would probably know you if I saw you, just not your name, lol.
I was all by myself Ken when I caught her. This was the week before McDonalds tournament and I didn't want to put her back until after the tournament. Took her immediately to Lunker Lodge (still there but a different name) where they had a certified scale. They put her in a minnow vat to watch her until TP&W could get there. While we waited I noticed something sticking out her mouth. A guide who was watching her with me pulled a crappie from her mouth that was only half eaten. The crappie weighed almost half pound. She had just eaten and still wanted my jig. TP&W said if I had caught her in Feb. she probably would have weighed another 2 pounds. Lunker Lodge wanted to keep her in their aquarium which was fine for me. Tragically she jumped out of the aquarium one night and died. She is now living at home with me now beautiful as ever. Hope I didn't bore you with my story, got millions of'em, lol.
bannana2

I am pretty sure I remember when that happened. Was Scott Wishart the owner at Lunker Lodge then?

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11688658 06/25/16 10:12 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Messed up Ken and answered you in a previous post, old timers disease.

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: Ken A.] #11688662 06/25/16 10:16 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
welcome

Jeez.. That is a MULE!!!

bannana2

Not sure Ken, remember this was 1993. I do remember the guides name was Brian Duplechain (probably misspelled.) Check out previous post for more about it, I answered in wrong spot.

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: MUHerd] #11688678 06/25/16 10:37 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
I know Brian well and you spelled his name right! thumb

Make sure you introduce yourself to me next Sat. I'd like to shake your hand.

Last edited by Ken A.; 06/25/16 10:37 PM.

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: Ken A.] #11688715 06/25/16 11:05 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Deal, wear black slacks and a cardigan sweater so I'll know who you are. I'll be wearing my camo insulateds and a Texas Ranger cap backwards.
roflmao
Kidding but now you know what you're up against.

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: MUHerd] #11689229 06/26/16 06:19 AM
J-2 Offline
"Hotblack Desiato"
"Hotblack Desiato"
Im gonna go with public Falcon

No doubt if you have the scratch go to CB.

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11689739 06/26/16 05:22 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy

Deal, wear black slacks and a cardigan sweater so I'll know who you are. I'll be wearing my camo insulateds and a Texas Ranger cap backwards.
roflmao

Oh you'll know me. I'll be the only 6' 1" Korean dude there that talks like an East Texas Hick!!

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: Ken A.] #11689924 06/26/16 07:13 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

roflmao

Oh you'll know me. I'll be the only 6' 1" Korean dude there that talks like an East Texas Hick!!

Ken Addington, OK I gotcha now. One time you carried your boat in an enclosed trailer and came to Jones ramp at Hubbard to change to a new boat, a Bass Cat I think. I was launching at the same time and met you. That was 1938 I believe roflmao Met you again up north in Lake Fork Creek. You were throwing a magnum DD22 or something. Said hi again. I quit fishing for awhile and started touring the country on a Harley. Back fishing again but not tournaments. Too damn old. Hope to see you Sat.
One quickie, can I/we register Friday ? Still don't have a partner yet but have emailed Bill Dance. Told him we would be fishing in a stock tank.

Last edited by GIG'EM AGGIES; 06/26/16 10:40 PM.

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: MUHerd] #11690264 06/26/16 10:45 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
That's me buddy! The old Bass Cat enclosed trailer. I would probably still be running a Cat if Ron's son wasn't such a butt head...

Mark Howard will be on here soon to tell us when we can register. I hope we can Fri eve.

Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: MUHerd] #11690568 06/27/16 02:30 AM
R
Rob W. Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
Ivie, Falcon, Fork would be my top 3.

[Linked Image]
Re: Where in Texas Would You Have the BEST Chance to Catch a 10 Pounder?? [Re: MUHerd] #11690579 06/27/16 02:35 AM
B
Bassbusster Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
If you can afford it, Camelot Bell hands down. If that is not an option, Sugar Lake if you feel safe going to Mexico. If you want to stay in the country.....Falcon with Jay Greishaw or Tommy Law. If you go to Sugar or Falcon with either of those guides you will have your shot at a DD. It will be up to you to have the proper tackle, skill, and luck to land her.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide