Print Thread
East Fork Trinity River-Guide Report #11680156 06/21/16 04:23 PM
T
TxPacker4 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Fishing is great right now! Catching limits of Sandies, with a lot of Crappie, Hybrids, Black Bass, Blue and Channel Cats, Yellow Bass, Gar and Drum mixed in. Theyre ROUGHLY in the same spot(s) every day. Some days they want live shad. Some days they hit lures better. Some days they want heavy in-line spinners. Some days they want crank baits. Some days they cant stay off the jig and bobber. (1/16th w/ tiny fluke) When you get there, you just have to experiment and find out what they want to bite the best, and where the main school of fish is hanging. It varies a little bit every day, but as stated above, theyre in the same general area. You can catch fish, just about ANYWHERE on the river right now, but you HAVE to do some trial and error, and bounce around, if you want to catch numbers. If you just walk up and stand in one spot, youre probably not going to limit, or its going to take FOREVER to get a limit. If you move around, and study the water, you should be able to locate the fish no problem, and have no issues catching them. THEYRE HUNGRY! If you dont get bit within 5-10 minutes. MOVE. The fish dont sit in one spot. Theyll move in, work one area, get the shad spooked and scattered, and then move off to the next spot, and so on If youre not catching fish, youre doing something wrong. Plain and simple. Biggest mistake I see out here right now, is guys throwing 1/16-1/2oz lures, on 15-20+lb line. That line is way too freaking heavy. The lighter your line, the quicker/easier it sinks in the current. If youre using heavier line, the slower it falls, and youre drifting right over the top of the fish. 4-8lb line is ALL YOU NEED. I personally use 4lb fluorocarbon. (Seagaur or Vanish) My client-rods, I start out with 4lb line, and if they are having trouble with break-offs, I jump up to 6 or 8lb line, just to help rip the fish out of that strong current. I have had no issues catching EVERYTHING out there on 4lb line. Just set your drag correctly, and play the fish. Saturday, I caught a 12+lb drum on a light action rod, with 4lb line. I refuse to go any higher. Best time is the last 45 minutes-hour before dark. The fish start boiling, and shad are flying out the water until dark, and it usually gets pretty tough once its completely dark. If you are still having trouble figuring them out, give us a shout, and we will get you on some fish, and teach you all you need to know to get out there, and wear these fish out on your own, time and time again. What we teach you, youll be able to do every time, and produce numbers.

GUIDED TRIPS

$75/Person +Deposit/Booking Fee
(Deposit/Booking Fee- $25 for any trip under $250; $50 for any trip over $250.NON-REFUNDABLE-except for weather cancellations.)

THE BEST WAY TO REACH US IS BY TEXT MESSAGE. WE ARE USUALLY ON THE WATER AND IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO TAKE CALLS. SHOOT US A TEXT, AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU SHORTLY!

Yesterday was on fire. Nick and I got to the river about 6:00pm. Started out fishing lures, and we were catching them, fairly steady. Started seeing a few fish busting shad out of the water, so we threw our net, and loaded up on some fresh live threadfins, and it was a fish almost as soon as it hit the water, until we left at dark. We each had our limit of Sandies in about 30 minutes. It was a blast!

Cody Waddle
Licensed Fishing Guide
texasoklahomafishingguides.com
Re: East Fork Trinity River-Guide Report [Re: TxPacker4] #11680218 06/21/16 04:52 PM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
M
Now is a great time to book with Cody or I. Call or txt to book a trip

Re: East Fork Trinity River-Guide Report [Re: TxPacker4] #11681058 06/22/16 01:16 AM
D
dbraune Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Sounds like a blast

my christmas gift 12/25/09
Re: East Fork Trinity River-Guide Report [Re: TxPacker4] #11683460 06/23/16 02:30 AM
T
TxPacker4 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Another day, same results. Today you had to have shad. NOBODY caught today except for us. Fish are definitely still hungry! Give us a shout!

Cody Waddle
Licensed Fishing Guide
texasoklahomafishingguides.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide