texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,751
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Navionics card #11673763 06/17/16 08:36 PM
O
onfirecrappie Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
O
i just bought the Lowrance elite hdi 5, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Navionics lakes cards? Are they worth the money? Where is the best place to buy them? Also a little curious because some of the ones I've seen online say discontinued. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Navionics card [Re: onfirecrappie] #11673858 06/17/16 09:40 PM
A
AustinS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
I bought the platinum (south) version from Academy a few weeks ago. It's cool. Lots more contour detail than the Lowrance map. That being said, I'm not sure it's $200 worth of cool. Might be if you visited a lot of different lakes. There's less detail than most $10 paper maps. I'd buy it again but it wasn't as nifty as I thought it would be IMO.

Re: Navionics card [Re: onfirecrappie] #11673911 06/17/16 10:04 PM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
You just missed a sale on them but I think Shut Up and Fish has as about as good of a price as you'll find. I really like mine and use it more than I thought I would. http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: Navionics card [Re: onfirecrappie] #11674019 06/17/16 11:22 PM
W
Wayne P. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
W
The Elite models have slow processors and cannot read the extra stuff that Platinum cards have.

The best for the Elite models is the Navionics+ Preloaded. That is a 16GB card like the Platinum, but is not regional and has all the Navionics Nautical Charts for the US and Canada already loaded to it. Plus can have the Sonar Charts map layer added for locations you want.
BUT since the Elite models are slow, you can delete all that is on the card and only download the specific waters you need so the unit won't have to process all the map date it comes with. You can download both Nautical Charts (Navionics maps) and Sonar Charts (user generated mapping) and not bog the unit down.

The 2GB version of Navionics+ and Navionics Hotmaps Premium regional cards are discontinued. Ether of those would work great if you can find some old stock.

All new purchases of any Navionics card includes a year of Freshest Data Updates.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N and G4N, 1198c SI, SOLIX 10 SI G3,
Helix 8 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, SOLIX 12 SI and G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL, RC-1
Re: Navionics card [Re: onfirecrappie] #11674319 06/18/16 02:57 AM
O
onfirecrappie Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
O
Good information. I am a 48 year old fire fighter and definitely not a tech guru.

Re: Navionics card [Re: onfirecrappie] #11675023 06/18/16 06:09 PM
C
crappiegetter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: onfirecrappie
i just bought the Lowrance elite hdi 5, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Navionics lakes cards? Are they worth the money? Where is the best place to buy them? Also a little curious because some of the ones I've seen online say discontinued. Thanks in advance for any help.
If you have a smart phone get the Navionics it only about 15.00 a year with continuous updates smile those cards are about 80.00 to update I Hear

Re: Navionics card [Re: crappiegetter] #11675445 06/18/16 11:45 PM
W
Wayne P. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: crappiegetter
If you have a smart phone get the Navionics it only about 15.00 a year with continuous updates smile those cards are about 80.00 to update I Hear

The Navionics App is an annual subscription also just like the updatable cards.

Renewal for the map cards is $99.

Re: Navionics card [Re: Wayne P.] #11675616 06/19/16 01:47 AM
C
crappiegetter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
Originally Posted By: crappiegetter

The Navionics App is an annual subscription also just like the updatable cards.

Renewal for the map cards is $99.
Exactly smile

Re: Navionics card [Re: onfirecrappie] #11677707 06/20/16 02:42 PM
Corey Stanley Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
AustinS, what Lowrance unit are you running that Platinum in? Did you turn the Fishnchip layer on? It is only required the first time, and then from then on it should automatically come on. If not, there is a lot of detail that you are missing out on.

Any more questions feel free to ask away.

Last edited by Corey Stanley; 06/20/16 02:50 PM.
Re: Navionics card [Re: Wayne P.] #11677758 06/20/16 03:01 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
The Elite models have slow processors and cannot read the extra stuff that Platinum cards have.

The best for the Elite models is the Navionics+ Preloaded. That is a 16GB card like the Platinum, but is not regional and has all the Navionics Nautical Charts for the US and Canada already loaded to it. Plus can have the Sonar Charts map layer added for locations you want.
BUT since the Elite models are slow, you can delete all that is on the card and only download the specific waters you need so the unit won't have to process all the map date it comes with. You can download both Nautical Charts (Navionics maps) and Sonar Charts (user generated mapping) and not bog the unit down.
Don't know where you got the idea that the Elite models have slow processors, I have the Elite 7ti with a Navionics Hotmap Platinum South and it's as quick as you can touch the screen. In other words it's as fast as the person using it. Don't know what more you could ask.

The 2GB version of Navionics+ and Navionics Hotmaps Premium regional cards are discontinued. Ether of those would work great if you can find some old stock.

All new purchases of any Navionics card includes a year of Freshest Data Updates.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Navionics card [Re: Wayne P.] #11677778 06/20/16 03:10 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Don't know where you got the idea that the Elite models have slow processors, I have the Elite 7ti with the Navionics Hotmap Platinum South and it processes as fast as you touch the screen. Don't know what else you could ask for.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Navionics card [Re: Corey Stanley] #11678646 06/20/16 09:15 PM
A
AustinS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
I'm using a Hook 7. I just plugged the card in and switched the unit from Lowrance map to Navionics. I'm pretty new to marine electronics and this is my first time using a map card. Not sure what the fishnchip layer is.

Originally Posted By: Corey Stanley
AustinS, what Lowrance unit are you running that Platinum in? Did you turn the Fishnchip layer on? It is only required the first time, and then from then on it should automatically come on. If not, there is a lot of detail that you are missing out on.

Re: Navionics card [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11678719 06/20/16 09:49 PM
W
Wayne P. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Don't know where you got the idea that the Elite models have slow processors, I have the Elite 7ti with the Navionics Hotmap Platinum South and it processes as fast as you touch the screen. Don't know what else you could ask for.

The "idea" came from numerous Elite owners complaining on Bass Boat Central that the mapping cannot keep up with their boat speed.
I posted the solution.

Re: Navionics card [Re: Wayne P.] #11679569 06/21/16 11:39 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

The "idea" came from numerous Elite owners complaining on Bass Boat Central that the mapping cannot keep up with their boat speed.
I posted the solution.

They must not know the correct settings, they should call Lowrance or Navionic tech's. They can help with any problems or questions. The problem is not with the unit.

Re: Navionics card [Re: AustinS] #11679571 06/21/16 11:43 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: AustinS
I'm using a Hook 7. I just plugged the card in and switched the unit from Lowrance map to Navionics. I'm pretty new to marine electronics and this is my first time using a map card. Not sure what the fishnchip layer is.

Originally Posted By: Corey Stanley

I had a Hook 7 and called Navionics about purchasing a card from them and they told me the Hook 7 would only operate on the Navionics Premium that if I wanted to go with Platinum I would have to upgrade to the Elite 7ti which I did. Weird that yours works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide