Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Heart Attack Yak [Re: feagins28] #11667877 06/15/16 02:42 AM
P
pearow Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Over the years I got to know several of the old guides on Caddo Lake; one of them told me this story about a guy he was guiding. They were going into the Turtle shell and the guide was busy taking a bird's nest out of this fellor's reel; the big flat bottom boat slid up under some cypress limbs and this big moccasin gets knocked into the boat. Before the guide could say anything the fellow he was guiding whipped out his automatic 9 mm and commences to shoot at the snake. The snake is bewildered by the noise and he is trying to escape, inadvertantly scooting right toward the shooter, who blazes away as he hops around the front deck and tries to climb up on the elevated seat. The snake goes over the side, the fellow is on his knees in the elevated seat, gun still smoking, and the guide is watching water squirt thru the holes in the boat. Hearing the story, I laughed so hard I almost passed out and on the way home I got to thinking about the scene and had to pull over to laugh some more.
The guide told me he had 6 holes in the bottom of his flat bottom but the fellow was good about it and paid him for damages. I guess he thought that if he paid the guide wouldn't tell anyone what happened.-p-

Re: Heart Attack Yak [Re: pearow] #11668223 06/15/16 11:34 AM
F
Fish Chaser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: pearow
Over the years I got to know several of the old guides on Caddo Lake; one of them told me this story about a guy he was guiding. They were going into the Turtle shell and the guide was busy taking a bird's nest out of this fellor's reel; the big flat bottom boat slid up under some cypress limbs and this big moccasin gets knocked into the boat. Before the guide could say anything the fellow he was guiding whipped out his automatic 9 mm and commences to shoot at the snake. The snake is bewildered by the noise and he is trying to escape, inadvertantly scooting right toward the shooter, who blazes away as he hops around the front deck and tries to climb up on the elevated seat. The snake goes over the side, the fellow is on his knees in the elevated seat, gun still smoking, and the guide is watching water squirt thru the holes in the boat. Hearing the story, I laughed so hard I almost passed out and on the way home I got to thinking about the scene and had to pull over to laugh some more.
The guide told me he had 6 holes in the bottom of his flat bottom but the fellow was good about it and paid him for damages. I guess he thought that if he paid the guide wouldn't tell anyone what happened.-p-

That sounds like something JB would do.

Re: Heart Attack Yak [Re: feagins28] #11669602 06/15/16 08:31 PM
Carver Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
My brother-in-law was duck hunting on the upper coast in a time of year there shouldn't have been many snakes active. He was in a plywood kit boat when he reached in and found a rattlesnake in his decoy bag. He is normally on of the coolest / laid back people I had ever seen but he went totally schoolgirl with his new rem 1100 12 ga. Bad part is it was a borrowed boat. The guy he borrowed it from said since it was plywood, fixing the holes wasn't a real problem be he almost never got the smell out of it.

I have reached behind my back ( in my yak ) into a minnow bucket and grabbed a watersnake that was in it having a snack. Didn't take me long at all to have a flashback to my cussing days.

Phill Pittman

www.dallascnc.com new website for product development

www.mariner-kayaks.com Best kayak source in Texas
Re: Heart Attack Yak [Re: APynckel] #11677062 06/20/16 02:02 AM
C
Crazy4oldcars Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: APynckel
Snakes have venom. You have to ingest poison.

Potatos/Potahtos, lol. Both ways you're dead. frkazoid

Kirk B.

"The cheese in the mousetrap is ALWAYS free"
Re: Heart Attack Yak [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #11677158 06/20/16 02:47 AM
L
Linecaster Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Zombie that is hilarious, poor garden snake.

In the beginning God created. Gen. 1:1
All things were made by him and without him was not anything made. John 1:3
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide