Print Thread
Good for your heart #11661107 06/11/16 08:45 PM
B
bush hog Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
This is a good read if you have time. Randall is a Texas transplant that owns a fishing charter service in RI and works for the Veterans Administration also.
Hope you enjoy this read.
You can visit Randy's facebook page a https://www.facebook.com/RiverRebelCharters/?pnref=lhc

Randell Bagwell added 6 new photos.

7 hrs

Today I look back on yesterdays VAC trip and give thanks to all those with greater powers and
one of todays veterans USAF Michael on board last year and we could not connect on getting a bass in the boat it was a very frustrating day for this captain. Now a little history Michael suffers from cancer and cannot talk and this past winter Hospice had the family making final arrangements, well Michael wasn't ready he hasn't caught his big bass yet. The group showed up to the boat and I see I had Michael onboard with James and Scott. The winds out of the NW and not wanting to lay down I thought well we have to find bait and somewhere to fish, with most of my networking Captains staying in today we were on our own. The good lord pointed the boat in a direction that I usually don't fish. Once we arrived in the area bait was boiling so we loaded up 20 live pogies and started looking for a striped bass for Michael. That was really my only goal today one way or another. After about an hour of different location out of the wind I ended up near some docks. The wind kept pushing the boat into the docks so I had to try to get the baits out and hold the boat off the docks while we made the drifts with live bait. Sure enough after several long drifts a couple of hit and misses Michael hooks up and I quickly pull the boat away from the old ragged fuel docks. Once that net went under that bass and I lifted it I was so relieved but Michael who has had so many surgeries on his throat and jaws cannot show his excitement the way most people can, he can't smile but once he hugged me and gave me the high five I knew all was good. He used his tablet that talks for him and said "Okay capt we can go home now." Then he kept writing me notes, the other guys can't get them to the boat " as they would hook up and drop the fish ( this was Mikes way of busting on his veteran brothers). That was mine and his laughter. James hooked up and we took a quick picture and Michael writes another note asking how heavy and long is my fish? and can I get another picture holding the fish the way James held his? ... So we measured, Michael was hoping for a 30 pounder I said its not close its 18 pounds he was okay with that Then told me that was his first salt water fish and his biggest fish ever. That put a bigger smile on the captain. We lost the drift so out in the bay I headed thinking I would clean the fish let the vets fish a little longer and we would go home. I had the fish all packaged up and the boat somewhat clean and ready to steam home when the sounder lit up so I told the boys okay we will do one last drift. Well we hit the jackpot the vets tripled up with Michael still not getting his 30 but a 28 pounder that pushed Michael to his physical limits in getting it onboard. Once onboard pictures, quick release of a couple fish, clean the fish and I find Michael in the cabin taking pain meds and waiving his hands at me every time I would ask Mike you Okay. in a, I am happy and okay way of waving at me. As you can tell I am no writer but I wish I could have had everyone with me yesterday to share this with. I hope Michael comes back next year and we can break that 30 pounder mark.
Thanks to all that donate to Veteran Angler Charters that make this possible.

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: Good for your heart [Re: bush hog] #11661141 06/11/16 09:22 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Everyone who reads this say a prayer for Michael tonight, I know I will. God will bless you for it. angel

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Good for your heart [Re: bush hog] #11661863 06/12/16 05:51 AM
V
VIP Fishing Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
V
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Derek
I do enjoy a good Squirt now and then.
Re: Good for your heart [Re: bush hog] #11662050 06/12/16 01:38 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Excellent. Prayers sent.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Good for your heart [Re: bush hog] #11665746 06/14/16 03:20 AM
H
Hog Jaw Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
H